Vicarwissen [Horror] [Yuri Jam 2016]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Cannetella
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Violet Crown
Organization: Lasilisk
IRC Nick: Canny
Tumblr: ExtremelyUncanny, VioletCrownVN

Vicarwissen [Horror] [Yuri Jam 2016]

#1 Post by Cannetella »

Download the game here!
https://lazilisk.itch.io/vicarwissen

Maggie and Stella are the Legend Hunters, a team of amateur paranormal investigators with a popular vlog channel. They’ve traveled all the way to the town of Brunwal, in the small country of Sovinia, in the hopes of finding the legendary Vicarwissen, a monster said to be made from the flesh of its prey. According to their guide, the creature is hiding somewhere in the Lundgren Mansion Museum in Brunwal. It is said that if you visit the museum at midnight during Sovinia’s annual Banquet celebration, you are sure to catch a glimpse of it...

What could possibly go wrong?

Maggie: The protagonist. Likes debunking things, jackalopes, and Stella.

Stella: Maggie’s girlfriend and partner in crime. She’s a little flighty, but she knows her stuff.

Image Image
Image Image

Vicarwissen is the first released title from Team Lazilisk. It was created for Yuri Jam 2016.

• Point-and-click item finding. Collect lore and find a way out of the Lundgren Mansion Museum.
  • ~12k words
  • 3 endings and a whole lotta death

Art: blankd
Writing/GUI: Cannetella
Coding/Editing: Laiska
Last edited by Cannetella on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wyverngem
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Simple as Snow, Lady Luck's Due,
Projects: Aether Skies, Of the Waterfall
Tumblr: casting-dreams
itch: castingdreams

Re: Vicarwissen [Horror] [Yuri Jam 2016]

#2 Post by wyverngem »

It looks interesting. I really like you main menu and the camera pick made me laugh. Can you explain more about your point and click item finding?

Laiska
Veteran
Completed: Queen At Arms, Cerulean, The Shadows That Run Alongside Our Car, Vicarwissen
Projects: Caramel Mokaccino
Tumblr: minesweeperaddict
Deviantart: koyoba

#3 Post by Laiska »

@wyverngem:
Hey there, coder here! Thanks for the interest!

The bulk of the game is made up of exploration sections, where you can mouse over different areas of the rooms in the mansions to discover items that will give you more information about the game's story or trigger events. The items are activated with the mouse cursor, and will light up and show a name when you've found something.

Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions after you've given it a try! <3

The_Laurent

#4 Post by The_Laurent »

Pretty good, though I can't find the last end! I know what I need to do to get it, because it's clear it involves forgiving the person who is totally-not-our-missing-guide. But not sure how to unlock the option, so that's that. But...I really liked what I saw, the art style was pretty good, the myth was rather fleshed out, and it was cute, when it wasn't being scary. In a good way.

Cannetella
Completed: Vicarwissen
Projects: Violet Crown
Organization: Lasilisk
IRC Nick: Canny
Tumblr: ExtremelyUncanny, VioletCrownVN

#5 Post by Cannetella »

@The_Laurent

Hey there! Glad you're enjoying the game. You're on the right track about that last end. You just gotta...
...get all the necessary lore without getting bitten by the pelts! Whenever you come across a piece of lore that you need for the ending, you'll hear a "click" sound effect as you're reading it. Once you find it all (and Stella) you'll get the last ending.
Hope that helps!

glithch
Regular

#6 Post by glithch »

yooooooooooooo, this is so cool. although i cant seem to
not eat stella? is it possible to not get bitten by the fox??
only 3 endings but i suck so baddd.

pinto minto
Regular
Projects: Skeletons of a Demon

#7 Post by pinto minto »

Hi, I just finished the game. 1) Maggie and Stella are adorable as heck, I also liked that their designs were a realistic representation of queer couples. 2)There were a few parts that got me pretty spooked haha, and I loved the whole story behind the Vicarwissen! The lore had a creepy charm to it, which is the kind of stuff that I like. 3) I'm not sure if it's like Laurent or not but, I don't know how to unlock the 3rd ending either...
I got the end where Stella gets eaten and the other where they both come out alive with Maggie unharmed. I also clicked on every item (or at least I'm pretty sure I did.)
All in all, I enjoyed playing the game!