Dreams of the Skies [2011 Anniversary Edition]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
evgaming

Re: Dreams of the Skies [2011 Anniversary Edition]

#46 Post by evgaming »

Yup, just found out about it now. Then again, I'm a recent lurker.

Anarchy
Veteran
Projects: Fairy Tales of Innocent Children

#47 Post by Anarchy »

KomiTsuku wrote: But it ISN'T about creator discussion. The best place, sadly, for it on the forum for a contest celebrating a specific game is in that game itself. I do admit that assuming people would look at it when the thread popped up repeatedly to the top of the completed game forum was presumptuous but it highlights a point I made in another forum about BxG getting ignored. Then again, I always check new posts. Maybe I'm just the oddball here.
Haha, that's very true. My point about your sig still stands, though.

I check the Completed Games forum on a semi-random basis, and I just usually click on whatever title grabs my attention, which means I miss a lot of new games that come out unless they're generating a lot of buzz elsewhere on the site/internet. I probably just clicked through to this game just because it was at the top of the page at the point when I happened to be browsing this forum.

Also, I'm a bit confused about how this is connected to BxG games getting ignored. This game isn't even labelled BxG, is it? Like I said, I ignore threads if the title doesn't grab me. That really is all it is.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#48 Post by KomiTsuku »

Anarchy wrote:
KomiTsuku wrote: But it ISN'T about creator discussion. The best place, sadly, for it on the forum for a contest celebrating a specific game is in that game itself. I do admit that assuming people would look at it when the thread popped up repeatedly to the top of the completed game forum was presumptuous but it highlights a point I made in another forum about BxG getting ignored. Then again, I always check new posts. Maybe I'm just the oddball here.
Haha, that's very true. My point about your sig still stands, though.

I check the Completed Games forum on a semi-random basis, and I just usually click on whatever title grabs my attention, which means I miss a lot of new games that come out unless they're generating a lot of buzz elsewhere on the site/internet. I probably just clicked through to this game just because it was at the top of the page at the point when I happened to be browsing this forum.

Also, I'm a bit confused about how this is connected to BxG games getting ignored. This game isn't even labelled BxG, is it? Like I said, I ignore threads if the title doesn't grab me. That really is all it is.
Eh, I ignore signatures, so the idea never really occurred to me.

Dreams is a BxG, even though it isn't in the title. When I cross-compare this to my otome game, it has 85% less downloads (1000 downloads to nearly 5000) despite being of a much higher quality in both story and art. Maybe there isn't a link to the lack of comments and any attention to the contest, but consider how it looks to me.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope

#49 Post by KomiTsuku »

Today, five years ago, I released my first game on ren'py. While technically not my first visual novel developed (I worked on my own engine and with Blade Engine prior), it was the first I made and released to the world. Today, I take a moment to celebrate being an active developer in this community for five years. No big contests this year, no new releases. I just wanted to take a moment and raise a toast to those developers we've lost over the years to the forces of the universe. There is almost nobody left of that generation still making games alongside us today. Even I feel the pull of the world upon me, having gone from an unemployed bum to an instructor engineer. Yet, I fear for EVNs naught. I see the young'ins of today and have faith that the stories of tomorrow will be bigger and better than those that inspired me as a young, unemployed man years ago.

Cheers, mates, to the novels that have seen the light of day and those that await us.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

#50 Post by Haze »

Two days late, but congrats for 5 years going strong.

Good luck on EVNs in the future!
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#51 Post by KomiTsuku »

Haze wrote:Two days late, but congrats for 5 years going strong.

Good luck on EVNs in the future!
I wouldn't say strong, there have been some really rough moments over the years. XD Still, thanks for the words of encouragement. ^_^

Lesleigh63
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: House of Dolls; Lads in Distress - Nano'16; Delusion Gallery Nano'18
Projects: BL VN
Deviantart: Lesleigh63

#52 Post by Lesleigh63 »

Played this and enjoyed it for the odd 45mins it took to read through. I guess something developers may not think about is that their games can be found many years later by folks new to visual novels and LSF. So keep turning them out.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#53 Post by KomiTsuku »

Lesleigh63 wrote:Played this and enjoyed it for the odd 45mins it took to read through. I guess something developers may not think about is that their games can be found many years later by folks new to visual novels and LSF. So keep turning them out.
Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

I can tell you that I never thought that this story would still be around years later when I first wrote it. That both version are still around for reading boggles my mind.

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran

#54 Post by KomiTsuku »

Whoops, forgot to do my yearly celebration. Maybe next year we'll do an expansion.