[Asylum Jam] Don't Take This Risk [Horror, messed up GxB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
procutemeister
Regular
Tumblr: the-professional-cutemeister

Re: [Asylum Jam] Don't Take This Risk [Horror, messed up GxB

#16 Post by procutemeister »

I just played this game a few times through and I have to say... amazing. The emotions, the urgency (especially with timed decisions!) and horror were all executed really well! I got endings 1 and 2 first (and man, his voice when you hear him after taking the pills... it was so difficult to listen to, it was so real. Kudos, fam.), and endings 7, 8, and 9 after. 7 was pretty fun to go for--being all romantic is kinda sweet, except here, it's pretty creepy. Loved it.

I've been trying to get endings 3, 4, 5, and 6 with the walkthrough though, but somehow it keeps going to ending 2. I'll try letting the timer run out a bit more, hopefully it'll work! Mostly I'm having trouble telling him to call the suicide hotline and saying "I love you" in the same playthrough.

Thanks for this great game!

EDIT: Ok, finally found out how to do it! (after watching some Let's Plays on YouTube, haha). Off to get those endings!

rycopene
Tumblr: RicoVillagracia
Deviantart: TheRatedRPG
Soundcloud: ricovillagracia
itch: rycopene

#17 Post by rycopene »

​The game completely showed the effects or what really happens in a time like that. The acting was well executed. The choices were a little bit confusing as to what you choose, but gives you a profound and complete ending to the chosen options.
I only got 2 endings as to make a YouTube video as short as it can be, but it is quite emotional and hard to deal with when it happens in reality.
As a person who puts his shoes onto every game whenever there is a choice, I would answer in a way that I would really say because being genuine to whatever you do is more important than faking anything from reality and this persona on YouTube.

------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHiM76Wxrhs
If you enjoyed and want to see more indie games, horror, etc, be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! I am a small YouTuber who enjoys playing indie games, especially games with deep connection with the players themselves.
Check me out on YouTube! http://bit.ly/Rycopene​ or search Rycopene, theratedrpg, voxpod

*This is being commented on both itch.io and Gamejolt

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#18 Post by Dreamgazer »

procutemeister wrote:Thanks for this great game!

EDIT: Ok, finally found out how to do it! (after watching some Let's Plays on YouTube, haha). Off to get those endings!
Hi, procutemeister! Sorry for taking so long to reply, but I'm glad to hear you managed to get the other endings. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts! You don't know how happy I am to hear that you loved it.
rycopene wrote:​As a person who puts his shoes onto every game whenever there is a choice, I would answer in a way that I would really say because being genuine to whatever you do is more important than faking anything from reality and this persona on YouTube.
Hello, rycopene. You make some good points. Thanks for playing the game and making a video of it! (Good luck with your channel, by the way. And since you're commenting on both itch.io and Gamejolt as well, you can probably expect me to make a similar response once I'm able to get to them.)

anu
Projects: Guardian Spirit Di-visual-novelin, Four Seconds to Your Death
Deviantart: yoshinavanatala
itch: saydame

#19 Post by anu »

This really made me felt messed up because... I don't know what's the name, countdown maybe?? But I really enjoyed this. Especially the man's voice. The bad ending and happy ending. :lol:
Hey, hey.
Guess if I am really a silly writer.

chiharuchi
Regular

#20 Post by chiharuchi »

Oh dear oh dear OHDEAAARRRRR I CAN'T. WANT MORE. Gosh, call me a pervert but I wished he did have his way with me. Well, those are not my first thoughts of the game. Also, I've played this game long before but only decided to comment now sorry. I really want moooooorrre. You have no idea how much I do want moar.

First thoughts; HOLY SHIISH goosebumps everywhere. The strange thing is, it's soo creepy and gives me the skivvies but the text, it's like any other otome game, like any other romance but shish it's so different and good. It's creepy but loveable. Dark and twisted romance I looikkk. Kudos to you to be able to make the game that way. Really good. Ticklish feeling everywhere lmao. XD I'm embarrassed to admit it but I would, out of wuv for the game; even as I feel the threatening thrill and danger, I can't help the rush of excitement and the flush on my face. Hwahahahaaaaa.

After playing it many times, I just keep loving the game and character even more seriously. It. is. not. Enough. I wanna know more, feel more, do more with the game.

Also.. If you do plan on making more, can you uh, make it 18+? =//u//=

saruri
Regular

#21 Post by saruri »

Hi! I really really really LOVE your game, "Don't Take This Risk", so very very very much!!! It's really so very greatly done!!! Love the voice actors, especially Daniel; he's so my cup of tea!!! o(*////▽////*)q How I wish this game could be longer!!! (¯﹃¯) I'm more than willing to let him has his way with me; I was hesitant at first (starting too fast, > <), but I'm ready now... (*/ω╲*) Really thank you so very much for making and sharing this game; glad to come across and played it!!! ^ v ^

Btw, wonder if I'm the only one that feels the description of the scenes disappear too fast? I feel hard to concentrate on it when he's speaking, so not able to finish reading them at first; some really disappear too fast that I had to screenshot to read them completely - bug? Also, the voice volume of Daniel is a bit not perfect: starting is loud enough, but in the later parts, it's very low that I had to increase my speaker's volume to hear perfectly.

Lastly, the blinking of the screen (heroine eyes' blinking effect) makes my eyes a bit uncomfortable... It gives the atmosphere though, so maybe I'm just not used to the effects, haha. Btw, kindly advise where I could find the animation that you said you would be making please!!! (☆▽☆)

Akua
Regular
Completed: Appetité Amor
Projects: A Frigid Space | Lycoris | Demon's Kiss | Night of the Lesbian Vampires
Organization: Demon's Decoy
Tumblr: akuakourin
Deviantart: AkuaKourin
itch: akua-kourin

Re: [Asylum Jam] Don't Take This Risk [Horror, messed up GxB]

#22 Post by Akua »

I have to say I loved the game. Played through a all the endings and desperately tried before to save him without a love confession. It really made me panic in the timed decisions and even more when he didn't respond. Too real, man, too real ( ³ω³ )

I was a little surprised with the voice at first but immediately caught the French accent, the VAs are great! (And oh boy, I loved the sweet things they whispered *cough*)

When I finally got to meet the guy I was thrown back by a hottie, I probably screamed "Marry me!" more than once (then it was actually an option, hoho) and to be honest: I need more of him.
Even with the twisted love ending I'm frustrated that there is no epilogue.

Call me a pervert but my body is ready for that French speaking cutie. Although I choose to take it slow at first (the juicy options dared me not to take them).

I really wished that there would have been some sort of friendship ending though but with the state of his mind I think it would been difficult but also interesting how he would react if you became a good, caring friend instead.