The Missing Parts of Maria Gwozdek [AsylumJam2016]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
xlomid

The Missing Parts of Maria Gwozdek [AsylumJam2016]

#1 Post by xlomid »

Introduction
The Missing Parts of Maria Gwozdek is a horror visual novel my friend and I have made for Asylum Jam 2016. It's a story about fulfilling your aspirations by sacrificing parts of yourself. Literally. [Download link]

Trailer
Story
Maria Gwozdek has not had it easy over the past few months. She lost her job, the landlord wants her out of the apartment by the end of week, and her mother is ailing. At this trying juncture in life, Maria meets a stranger who offers her an unusual deal. The stranger will fulfill any of Maria's wishes. But in return for each wish, Maria will give them one of her organs.
Features
  • Inventive story of personal drama
  • 6500 words
  • Unique visual style
  • Atmospheric soundtrack
  • Four endings
Where to get it?
Download the game on GameJolt. And if you're feeling generous, vote for the game here.

xlomid

Re: The Missing Parts of Maria Gwozdek [AsylumJam2016]

#2 Post by xlomid »

Update: the game came 13th out of 106 entries submitted to Asylum Jam, and was ranked #8 in Innovation! Fairly good result and second best among Ren'Py-based submissions (Don't Take This Risk ranked #4).

Arkentut
Tumblr: arkentut

#3 Post by Arkentut »

Honestly, I was so shocked
when I pressed the 'Come Closer' button and the game went fullscreen
and I really love this game! The ambience really gives me the chill and the story is well written. The concept is really interesting and I find myself fully immersed in the game. The art also fits really well with the whole ambience. It's so great, I'm totally speechless!

Congratulations and please keep up the amazing work!

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#4 Post by Amiralo »

I really liked the ambience of this game. Also I liked how realistic it all felt. a very solid game and i wish you have more visual novels out!
The title screens were really to die for haha
Also can i say that the fairies of this game sell a mean deal? Like they actually delivered on their promises instead of just flaking out lmao. And I have to say, I would sell my ear to the fairies gladly if it meant a nice secure job ahahaha;;;
Finally, have some fanart!
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

#5 Post by Ran08 »

Awesome fanart @Amiralo!
Though I wouldn't do that if I were you... that means you'll be bound to their life-long contract. Absolutely horrendous!
Aaaah, anyway, I enjoyed (um, should I be using this word haha) this game a lot. The delivery was really good, and the art, fitting, as well. But actually, the best thing about it for me is the music! All the tracks were definitely a nice addition to the atmosphere.

Thank you for your game.

xlomid

#6 Post by xlomid »

Thank you all for your comments! I'm very happy you liked the game (well, as much as the term "like" applies here). And thanks for the excellent fanart, @Amiralo!

I had intended to compose the entire soundtrack myself, but the 48-hour constraint made that problematic, so I used two of my own unfinished tracks and relied on the music from Purple Planet otherwise. In the end, it might have been for the better, because their work is just amazing.

Hopefully, we will release more stuff in the foreseeable future (we have a lot of unfinished games which we hope to resurrect). But for now, I'm working on version 1.0 which fixes the remaining typos and adds some minor things :)