ReWound 101 [Filipino-English] FREE OTOME GAME ❤

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zhaie
Regular
Completed: After Guardian Angel, Rewound 101, Ano What? Why Bakit??
Projects: The Love -Box- Challenge, Mangmankit
Organization: z-ish prouductions
IRC Nick: zairen
Tumblr: zishp
Deviantart: zhaiechan
Soundcloud: zhaie
itch: zhaieyuemn

ReWound 101 [Filipino-English] FREE OTOME GAME ❤

#1 Post by zhaie »

Howdy~
It's been a while since I posted here.
And I think I would like to at least share this game I finished here.
It's nothing much though and I made it for my friends for Christmas :)
SYNOPSIS:
You play as Shaizee, a high school junior, who's main hobby is to study.
She was satisfied with her everyday self until one day she woke up learning that she might think otherwise.
⭐ Genre: Rom-Com, Slice of Life
⭐ Platforms: All-PC, Android
⭐ Language: Filipino/English (Still working on the English Version)
⭐ How long: Probably at least 2-3 hours

FEATURES:
🌸 The game has 3 routes.
🌸 8 CG's
🌸 There are secret scenarios after completing the good end.
🌸 After getting two best endings, you will unlock the third route.

STATISTICS:
The game contains 7,024 dialogue blocks, containing 45,810 words and 256,744 characters, for an average of 6.5 words and 37 characters per block.
The game contains 57 menus, 243 images, and 21 screens.

FEW REQUESTS:
1. If you found bugs and other errors, please do report it to me immediately.
2. Also, if you have reviews of the game, feel free to inform me OvO);
3. I also want to know if you have any particular favorite in this game.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

🌺 Story and Concept by: zhaie.yuemn 🌺

I think Uncle Mugen's backgrounds fit perfectly to my vn.
I'm quite happy because of it.
I'm just trolling on the last one :lol:
CREDITS:
🍙 Sprites - Elzee - Miki Takamoto
🍙 Silhouette - sozai
🍙 Background - Uncle Mugen - BCS - radius-rave - sei.chan - Chocolate Berry
🍙 Music - neosounds - Kevin Mcleod
🍙 Sound Effects - freesounds.org
[Please do inform me if I made a mistake on the credits. Thankies much!]

I might look like I just pop out of nowhere but I'm really thankful to these guys who made those sprites and backgrounds.
You guys are awesome.

Some screenie:
Main Menu
Main Menu
17022447_1904874823092247_7590785086553308187_n.jpg
Gameplay
Gameplay
Configuration Menu
Configuration Menu
Save/Load Menu
Save/Load Menu
Built-in Dictionary
Built-in Dictionary
Here's the download link (I almost forgot).
I have to remind you that I have yet to release the English version.
And I'm still proofreading this one :arrow:

Thankies much for taking time to visit this thread!
Again, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ❤
Attachments
ReWound 101 Walkthrough.txt
(2.8 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
Last edited by zhaie on Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:49 am, edited 6 times in total.

zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

Re: ReWound 101 [Filipino-English] FREE OTOME GAME ❤

#2 Post by zankizuna »

Heeyyyy Something filipino!! I've been planning to make a game just like this with my friends!
I definitely have to play this!

zhaie
Regular

#3 Post by zhaie »

@zankizuna: Thanks! I planned to release a Filipino Game so long ago but it took years x'D
I hope to see more in the future.
Looking forward to your game!

Daydreamer97
Tumblr: otomedaydreams.tumblr.com

#4 Post by Daydreamer97 »

Nice to see a Filipino otome game!

zhaie
Regular

#5 Post by zhaie »

I actually conceptualize every game I want to make in Filipino Setting ^^

Daydreamer97
Tumblr: otomedaydreams.tumblr.com

#6 Post by Daydreamer97 »

zhaie wrote:I actually conceptualize every game I want to make in Filipino Setting ^^
That's great to hear! I'm checking out your other games now.

keelan

#7 Post by keelan »

Waaaaah! Ayos 'to!!!* I don't see a lot of games with Filipino settings, so I was very happy to play this :'D
(*This is cool!!!)

My review was written in Taglish kasi medyo na-excite yung inner-Filipina ko* (but I added translations for the non-Filipinos!). That being said, rusty yung Tagalog ko, so may mga parte in-game na 'di ko naintindihan.** Mostly slang. Mahina yung bokabularyo ko, haha***
(*because my inner-Filipina got a bit excited)
(**But that being said, my Tagalog is rusty, so there were some parts in-game that I didn't get.)
(***My vocabulary is weak, haha)

But I loved this! Weak spot ko yung mga amnesia plot, at nasabi ko na sa 'yo na 'di ko madalas nakikita ang VNs being set in the Philippines.* So that's a plus one in my books! Plus, the characters were very likable. Paborito ko din si Rayden kasi oo nga noh, kuudere + tsundere equals cute, pero yung 'patatas' ay close second <3**
(*Amnesia plots are my weak spot, and I already told you that I don't usually see VNs being set in the Philippines)
(**My favourite is also Rayden because you're right, kuudere + tsundere equals cute, but the 'potato' is a close second <3)
Haha, iniisipan ko din na baka 'bad guy' si Nash, na may iba siyang agenda.*** Glad to know that wasn't the case! I really liked him in the end because he wasn't your stereotypical womanizer rich kid.
(***I was also thinking that maybe Nash was a 'bad guy,' that he had a different agenda.)
Lanier, on the other hand, was alright. Kababata na parang boy-next-door type?*** Nice! I liked the silly (yet corny) jokes in his route, but I'm guilty of skimming through it after you posted the walkthrough because I really wanted to play Rayden's xD Maybe I'll tell you how I feel about Lan's route later?
(****A childhood friend that's like the boy-next-door type?)

Liz though! She was great. Gustong gusto ko yung personalidad niya*; very supportive, very funny, very fit to be the best friend of an MC. And Shaizee... Salamat naman na masipag siya sa pag-aaral!!!** Plenty of games just handwave the whole school part of a 'school setting,' and I'm glad you made that a big part of the plot. Ma'am Mabey and the librarian actually reminded me of a teacher I knew, so ngiti-ngiti lang ako kapag merong silang inuutos kay Shaizee.*** Foundation Day gave me a lot of memories too!
(*I really liked her personality)
(**Thank goodness she's studious!!!)
(***I just smiled whenever they had errands for Shaizee.)

As for the actual story, I think you did well! Kahit sinabi mo na imagination lang yung ginamit mo (no experience needed, haha), nasa isip-isip ko lang na 'eh? this is fine though?'* Sa katotohanan, namula ako sa mga confessions kasi naku-cute-an ako sa awkwardness ni Shaizee at yung LI niya. Especially with Nash! I was caught off-guard so badly that my face just exploded and I had to stop playing for a while and aaaaaaaaaaah how embarrassing!
(*Even if you said you were only using your imagination, I kept thinking to myself that 'eh? this is fine though?')
(**Truthfully, I blushed at the confessions because I thought the awkwardness of Shaiz and her LI was cute.)
Pero geez, mas madaling ako'y na-fluster in Rayden's route. Ang corny niya!* Like the anime Ferris Wheel promise? Sus! Sumigaw ako** (internally nga, but same thing, right?). And when Shaizee realized naghihintay siya sa kanya tuwing umaga at gabi...*** BOOM. FEELS OFFICIALLY EXPLODED. Maawa po niyo akooooo.****
(*But geez, I flustered easier in Rayden's route. He's so corny!)
(**Gosh! I screamed)
(***he waits for her in the morning and night...)
(****Have mercy on meeeee.)
P.S. I also died laughing at 'Nash Potato.' Omg, that was hilarious. Every time I think of it, I laugh. I'm laughing right now xD
On another note, I thought the points system was really interesting. When the walkthrough was released, I realized that in my first playthrough of Lan's route, I was 1 point off from his best end xD Way off ako kay Nash though, haha.*
(*I was way off with Nash though, haha)
Also, I don't know if it was intentional, pero may mga** 'Rayden choices' in the prologue even if his route isn't unlocked yet. It just felt weird that you could choose them even if you couldn't get on his path. But I don't know. Maybe throwing the player off was the whole purpose?
(**but there are)
Gusto ko din na hindi mo maiintindihan yung full story unless you play all the routes. Ang daming oras akong nag-invest para matapos nito, haha.* But it was worth it, start to finish! Dalawang thumbs-up**, that's for sure. Definitely worth playing through my Christmas break.
(*I also like how you won't understand the full story unless you play all the routes. I invested a lot of hours to finish this, haha.)
(**two thumbs up)

When the English version comes out, I'll be sure to make my friends play it. And I'll probably write a better, more intensive review than this one (kasi broken naman ang Taglish ko xD*).
(*because my Taglish is so broken xD)

Good luck and all the best~

EricaLee22

#8 Post by EricaLee22 »

Too bad I don't speak Filipino (though I'm 1/4 Filipino). I'll download once the English version is ready, no rush though because it's worth the wait.

zhaie
Regular

#9 Post by zhaie »

@keelan, thank you so much for your review.
I'm about to add something in their routes later since I was thinking that maybe there is lacking somewhere but I'm glad you enjoyed it.
Oh, I was thinking of adding a dictionary later as well since I am using uncommon Filipino words in this game.

As for the point system,
I added higher points for those choices where you interact with the guy, who's route you are currently playing. That's why they differ.
And yes, that was intentional, those choices :')))
I was giving a hint that there are more choices hidden somewhere.
Anyway, thank you very much for your review, I feel really happy reading your feedback.

zhaie
Regular

#10 Post by zhaie »

EricaLee22, yes, I will do my best. Thank you for waiting.

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#11 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

I REALLY loved the game even if I didn't expect to have. In all honesty, I was planning to just test my own patience to see how long I could survive with a Tagalog (Tanglish) Visual Novel because it's my second language (full Filipino blood but raised in an English society) but you, my dear, broke me down. :lol:

I mean, you got me hooked the moment things got confusing (although the transition, to be honest, could have been better :?)!
LIKE! SINCE WHEN DID RAYDEN BECOME YOUR BOYFRIEND?
Anyways, in regards to the art, I know they're freebies, but you made the best out of what those freebies offered! Although the heroine's character barely showed up other than on transition screens or CGs (which, I would like to add to credit Rinmaru), the expressions of the other characters fit VERY well with the personalities and background stories you have given them. Not only that, but you made each character very likable in their own sense.
Shaizee's character was intriguing. It reminded me of typical Filipinas (well, not really; typical being my mom) who I would REALLY have wanted to be friends with. She doesn't leave her studies as well! Oh, how I aim to do that :lol:
LIZ! FROM THE VERY START, I WAS ROUTING FOR HER TO END UP WITH THE KUYA! I mean, not Lan or things would have been awkward, but still. I was so happy she liked Croix. :lol: Her character in itself was very intriguing. She supported her friend albeit knowing the "full" story. Although she seemed to be very similar to Shaizee, it made a tad sense since they've been together since grade 5.
Lanier is the typical "guy next door" or something. His character somehow reminds me of my best friend since he is very sociable but is somehow dense as heck. If this were an anime, I would have said something like, "Shaizee, you could aim for so much better!", but Lan had his moments XD I mean, although not very memorable, still quite amusing.
Nash was someone I thought had a secret agenda towards Shaizee... but he's such a sweetie~. If I had to label him, he would be the innocent senpai. Pfffffffffft. An opposite compared to another person in the story. Nash isn't at all straightforward with his approaches which give him a suspicious vibe, so I was VERY reluctant on playing his route first and I still somehow feel that the vibe hasn't been completely erased, but his innocence somewhat made up for it.
Croix, although played a minor role, still made an impact. It's like he's the "older brother/onii-chan" you've always wanted: the overprotective one. Reminds me of Touya in CardCaptor Sakura but not so much of a bully.
Mabey was such a sweet teacher. For a moment, I thought you were going to give off a "I don't like this teacher" vibe in the story, but no. Although she always sends Shaizee off to do tasks, she still shows she cares about her throughout the story. Except that moment down Rayden's route. :cry:
RAYDEN! Oh gosh, now that was the best. Na-gets ko na bakit gusto sya nang lahat! :lol: :lol: :lol: KUUDERE + TSUNDERE = PERFECTION! And the fluffy hair; can't forget the fluffy hair. Or the ice cream obsession. Or the overprotectiveness. He's the exact opposite of Nash. He's the mature kohai who doesn't get attention because he chooses not to interact. I'm not even sure if he got bad luck meeting Shaizee at the park or good luck because they eventually got together. AND HE WAS WILLING TO RISK SOMETHING PRECIOUS TO HIM BECAUSE SHE HAD AMNESIA! And he seemed like an anime lover because of that Ferris wheel scene! Still I LOVED HIM!
I found it very amusing how the love interests were each in different grades. You could pursue either your senpai, your childhood friend who's the same age as you, or a kohai. Somehow, you targetted my weak spots XD Especially in the kohai direction, not that I like younger guys. No, not just that, but it somehow gave me a vibe with a "first love" kind of thing. I'm a sucker for guys who pursue or wish happiness to their first love.

Although, I'd like to comment on an aspect that wasn't fully answered but rather, implied throughout the game.
I know that she got rejected, but how and when did she begin liking Rayden? I thought it would have been answered in Liz's side of the story, but it just showed a very heartbreaking scene with Rayden telling her about something. Ahhhhh... How could you be so selfless, Rayden! He showed how much he cared for her in each route that I thought he was going to go full-on yandere at some point (unlikely). You really had to program the most heartbreaking one to be unlocked at the end... You're the... BEST!
Oh, one last comment: although it would be nice to have the game be in English so that it could reach a larger crowd, the way it is now seems to suit the story, atmosphere, and... well... basically everything better. The Tanglish made it very humorous, so I'm not exactly sure how English could communicate it in the same way. Or that might just be me. But I give you two thumbgs up for this visual novel. Well done!
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

zhaie
Regular

#12 Post by zhaie »

Akemi-Takashi wrote:I REALLY loved the game even if I didn't expect to have. In all honesty, I was planning to just test my own patience to see how long I could survive with a Tagalog (Tanglish) Visual Novel because it's my second language (full Filipino blood but raised in an English society) but you, my dear, broke me down. :lol:

I mean, you got me hooked the moment things got confusing (although the transition, to be honest, could have been better :?)!
LIKE! SINCE WHEN DID RAYDEN BECOME YOUR BOYFRIEND?
Anyways, in regards to the art, I know they're freebies, but you made the best out of what those freebies offered! Although the heroine's character barely showed up other than on transition screens or CGs (which, I would like to add to credit Rinmaru), the expressions of the other characters fit VERY well with the personalities and background stories you have given them. Not only that, but you made each character very likable in their own sense.
Shaizee's character was intriguing. It reminded me of typical Filipinas (well, not really; typical being my mom) who I would REALLY have wanted to be friends with. She doesn't leave her studies as well! Oh, how I aim to do that :lol:
LIZ! FROM THE VERY START, I WAS ROUTING FOR HER TO END UP WITH THE KUYA! I mean, not Lan or things would have been awkward, but still. I was so happy she liked Croix. :lol: Her character in itself was very intriguing. She supported her friend albeit knowing the "full" story. Although she seemed to be very similar to Shaizee, it made a tad sense since they've been together since grade 5.
Lanier is the typical "guy next door" or something. His character somehow reminds me of my best friend since he is very sociable but is somehow dense as heck. If this were an anime, I would have said something like, "Shaizee, you could aim for so much better!", but Lan had his moments XD I mean, although not very memorable, still quite amusing.
Nash was someone I thought had a secret agenda towards Shaizee... but he's such a sweetie~. If I had to label him, he would be the innocent senpai. Pfffffffffft. An opposite compared to another person in the story. Nash isn't at all straightforward with his approaches which give him a suspicious vibe, so I was VERY reluctant on playing his route first and I still somehow feel that the vibe hasn't been completely erased, but his innocence somewhat made up for it.
Croix, although played a minor role, still made an impact. It's like he's the "older brother/onii-chan" you've always wanted: the overprotective one. Reminds me of Touya in CardCaptor Sakura but not so much of a bully.
Mabey was such a sweet teacher. For a moment, I thought you were going to give off a "I don't like this teacher" vibe in the story, but no. Although she always sends Shaizee off to do tasks, she still shows she cares about her throughout the story. Except that moment down Rayden's route. :cry:
RAYDEN! Oh gosh, now that was the best. Na-gets ko na bakit gusto sya nang lahat! :lol: :lol: :lol: KUUDERE + TSUNDERE = PERFECTION! And the fluffy hair; can't forget the fluffy hair. Or the ice cream obsession. Or the overprotectiveness. He's the exact opposite of Nash. He's the mature kohai who doesn't get attention because he chooses not to interact. I'm not even sure if he got bad luck meeting Shaizee at the park or good luck because they eventually got together. AND HE WAS WILLING TO RISK SOMETHING PRECIOUS TO HIM BECAUSE SHE HAD AMNESIA! And he seemed like an anime lover because of that Ferris wheel scene! Still I LOVED HIM!
I found it very amusing how the love interests were each in different grades. You could pursue either your senpai, your childhood friend who's the same age as you, or a kohai. Somehow, you targetted my weak spots XD Especially in the kohai direction, not that I like younger guys. No, not just that, but it somehow gave me a vibe with a "first love" kind of thing. I'm a sucker for guys who pursue or wish happiness to their first love.

Although, I'd like to comment on an aspect that wasn't fully answered but rather, implied throughout the game.
I know that she got rejected, but how and when did she begin liking Rayden? I thought it would have been answered in Liz's side of the story, but it just showed a very heartbreaking scene with Rayden telling her about something. Ahhhhh... How could you be so selfless, Rayden! He showed how much he cared for her in each route that I thought he was going to go full-on yandere at some point (unlikely). You really had to program the most heartbreaking one to be unlocked at the end... You're the... BEST!
Oh, one last comment: although it would be nice to have the game be in English so that it could reach a larger crowd, the way it is now seems to suit the story, atmosphere, and... well... basically everything better. The Tanglish made it very humorous, so I'm not exactly sure how English could communicate it in the same way. Or that might just be me. But I give you two thumbgs up for this visual novel. Well done!

Thank you very much for completing the game ;w;
I kinda expect that Filipino-speakers will think that way at first, but I am trying to test myself if I can make them read my stories til the end, and idk, I think it's a success?
Since you liked it x'D
And thank you for that.

And at the transition... I was trying to make the players go "What?", I am trying to confuse the players x'D so I abruptly inserted "that".

I was playing visual novels wherein the mc is not shown in the screen so I applied that in my game. I'm really thankful to Elze though since her art is really nice. And also to Rinmaru, I am going to add him/her in the credits. I am still editing the game. OvO);
Oh about
Denden
, I was planning to add something to the new version since I do feel like I rushed something there.
Anyway, currently, I am translating it to English, and it's quite a challenge. I decided to add a dictionary for those terms that can't be translated to English. I'm afraid the humor might fail but I'm trying my best.
And as you can see, my English is not really good, I can converse in English but my vocabulary is limited.

Again, thank you very much for trying my story :')

NightWalkerCreep

#13 Post by NightWalkerCreep »

Lol I just made an account to comment on your work because guuuuuuurl you deserve it. :lol:
Anyways, the game is REALLY good. It might be a bit cliche since this kind of story is often read on wattpad for us Filipino peeps, ofc. But the story is pretty good. Nash is my favorite character, and I even got him on my first try... without my intention to... *gasps* But tbvh I tried to get Lanier at first,
since the mc was so into him. I pitied her and it made me feel like I definitely have to have him...
Image*pats mc*
His brother was really nice. I don't have one irl but he really is your typical 'kuya'. That kind of brotha that scares away suitors. And could be very protective..
Rayden... well he's not exactly my type for romance. I mean, he's cute but he seemed like a younger brother to me. I know. I'm weird.
BUT OVERALL THE GAME WAS TOO GOOD. I took all the best endings for every character, and also their good ones ofc. I enjoyed every single bit of it. The CGs were okay, but aside from that everything is fab. Woo! Congrats kababayan! Image

zhaie
Regular

#14 Post by zhaie »

NightWalkerCreep wrote:Lol I just made an account to comment on your work because guuuuuuurl you deserve it. :lol:
Anyways, the game is REALLY good. It might be a bit cliche since this kind of story is often read on wattpad for us Filipino peeps, ofc. But the story is pretty good. Nash is my favorite character, and I even got him on my first try... without my intention to... *gasps* But tbvh I tried to get Lanier at first,
since the mc was so into him. I pitied her and it made me feel like I definitely have to have him...
Image*pats mc*
His brother was really nice. I don't have one irl but he really is your typical 'kuya'. That kind of brotha that scares away suitors. And could be very protective..
Rayden... well he's not exactly my type for romance. I mean, he's cute but he seemed like a younger brother to me. I know. I'm weird.
BUT OVERALL THE GAME WAS TOO GOOD. I took all the best endings for every character, and also their good ones ofc. I enjoyed every single bit of it. The CGs were okay, but aside from that everything is fab. Woo! Congrats kababayan! Image
Thank you very much for completing the game!
Oh I'm kinda guilty, I wrote short stories in wattpad before, (mostly tragic) and I don't read too much stories in that site as well.. I have no time ;w; :lol:
I believed that cliche stories can still go as long as they are executed properly, I am not sure if I did a good job on that, but I tried my best x'D
Nash is also my favorite... I know I shouldn't play favorites x'D
He's also the easiest one to get.
I'm also an only child, but I have a lot of older male cousins and they act like that--- :lol:

Again, thank you very much! I feel quite touched you even made an account to comment! :wink:
I deeply appreciate your review! I hope you play my next games too. ^O^

NightWalkerCreep

#15 Post by NightWalkerCreep »

zhaie wrote:
NightWalkerCreep wrote:Lol I just made an account to comment on your work because guuuuuuurl you deserve it. :lol:
Image*pats mc*
Thank you very much for completing the game!
Oh I'm kinda guilty, I wrote short stories in wattpad before, (mostly tragic) and I don't read too much stories in that site as well.. I have no time ;w; :lol:
I believed that cliche stories can still go as long as they are executed properly, I am not sure if I did a good job on that, but I tried my best x'D
Nash is also my favorite... I know I shouldn't play favorites x'D
He's also the easiest one to get.
I'm also an only child, but I have a lot of older male cousins and they act like that--- :lol:

Again, thank you very much! I feel quite touched you even made an account to comment! :wink:
I deeply appreciate your review! I hope you play my next games too. ^O^
Uh huh you bet gurl, I will~!