Never give up! [GxB] [otome/detective][commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
salamandra88art
Regular

Never give up! [GxB] [otome/detective][commercial]

#1 Post by salamandra88art »

Genre: visual novel, otome, ADV, detective, romance, costume drama, fantasy, school
Length: 3-4 hours

English and Russian languages.

Someone is killing half-bloods (half-elves, half-humans) in a small city. The police believe that it's nothing more than a regular maniac obsessed with racial purity. But detective Blackwood and magician Silverlight have their own opinion about this case. They think that the killer is a necromancer going after the souls of half-bloods, who wants to use them for some horrible ritual. The protagonist, a young half-blood girl called Mia Silverlight, falls into a whirlpool of events. Will she be able to avoid getting caught by the killer, find true love, and discover the secret her uncle is hiding?

Features:
Three characters to build a relationship with: dark elf (detective), light elf (classmate) and human (childhood friend).
12 endings including one where the heroine dies, as well as plenty of colorful CG art.
The completion of any ending (excluding the lethal ones) unlocks the "Killer's diary" bonus allowing to see the novel from the antagonist's point of view, as well as understand his motives and feelings.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/555320
Last edited by salamandra88art on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: Never give up!

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

Damn, that's some nice artwork!
Good work.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

salamandra88art
Regular

Re: Never give up!

#3 Post by salamandra88art »

Imperf3kt wrote:Damn, that's some nice artwork!
Good work.
Thank you! :D

Kirlett
Regular

Re: Never give up! [GxB] [otome/detective][commercial]

#4 Post by Kirlett »

... This looks amazing. Heading to Steam now ^^

salamandra88art
Regular

#5 Post by salamandra88art »

Kirlett wrote:... This looks amazing. Heading to Steam now ^^
Thank you very much! :D

Kirlett
Regular

#6 Post by Kirlett »

Is there a guide? I can't get Aleister perfect ending T_T (It's the only route I've played for now)

Anyway, I like the game ^^ The writing is not perfect (English version) but I won't complain too much. I suppose English is not your first language. (Neither is mine).
However, it was pretty obvious that Whillem was the killer.
The art is beautiful <3

salamandra88art
Regular

#7 Post by salamandra88art »

Kirlett wrote:Is there a guide? I can't get Aleister perfect ending T_T (It's the only route I've played for now)

Anyway, I like the game ^^ The writing is not perfect (English version) but I won't complain too much. I suppose English is not your first language. (Neither is mine).
However, it was pretty obvious that Whillem was the killer.
The art is beautiful <3
You're right, English is not my native language. Unfortunately, I do not speak English (Google Translate). Translator another person.

Perfect ending to Aleister:
1. Do not hide from Aleister sisters in the bushes. (+1)
2. Go to the professor Goldstone. (+1)
3. Meet with Aleister under the big oak tree. (+1)
4. Talk to the sisters Aleister boldly. (+1)

I am very glad that you like this novel))

Kirlett
Regular

#8 Post by Kirlett »

Strange... I did all of that in my first try and got the good ending :/

tantivy
Regular

#9 Post by tantivy »

I haven't finished your game yet, but I wanted to stop by and say that I'm really enjoying it! Your sprites and CGs are stunning and they make your game extra fun to play. The translation into English is really good too in my opinion. I wasn't sure which love interest to pursue at first, but then when the heroine met Max, he instantly became my favorite, so I'm working on his route right now. I will definitely play the other characters' routes afterwards, though, because I like them all. Also, I'm really pleased that it's a mystery story. Mystery + Otome = Perfection!
By the way, I was reckless and got Mia killed right away. But even that was fun, because I collected a pretty CG. ;)
Thanks for having the game translated into English and sharing it with us! You're really talented!

For others who may read this, I think the game starts off a little slowly, with a bit of an "info-dump," but if you wait just a little it becomes awesome, and it's totally worth it. If you like otome games, I definitely recommend you try this one! Plus, the price is extremely reasonable.

salamandra88art
Regular

#10 Post by salamandra88art »

Kirlett wrote:Strange... I did all of that in my first try and got the good ending :/
I checked, it seems, everything is working properly. Maybe you missed something? Try again, it should turn out))

salamandra88art
Regular

#11 Post by salamandra88art »

tantivy wrote:I haven't finished your game yet, but I wanted to stop by and say that I'm really enjoying it! Your sprites and CGs are stunning and they make your game extra fun to play. The translation into English is really good too in my opinion. I wasn't sure which love interest to pursue at first, but then when the heroine met Max, he instantly became my favorite, so I'm working on his route right now. I will definitely play the other characters' routes afterwards, though, because I like them all. Also, I'm really pleased that it's a mystery story. Mystery + Otome = Perfection!
By the way, I was reckless and got Mia killed right away. But even that was fun, because I collected a pretty CG. ;)
Thanks for having the game translated into English and sharing it with us! You're really talented!

For others who may read this, I think the game starts off a little slowly, with a bit of an "info-dump," but if you wait just a little it becomes awesome, and it's totally worth it. If you like otome games, I definitely recommend you try this one! Plus, the price is extremely reasonable.
Thank you very much I am very pleased! :D

salamandra88art
Regular

#12 Post by salamandra88art »

Soon the game will be added trading cards. Maybe in a couple of days. We are now waiting for verification from the moderator)))

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#13 Post by JBShields »

As soon as I woke up, I had to post about this game. I played it last night.

Excellent art and the love interests have their own unique flirting style. Well thought out!

I have one thing I was upset with--I didn't read this Never Give Up thread BEFORE I bought and played the game on Steam. As the OP mentioned, there are three love interests. I played the whole time trying to aim for a "teacher" route, especially I was purposely avoiding the other love interests. I had no idea playing for that goal would be so fun. In fact, when more things were revealed about the professor, the more I thought that route was possible.

[don't read below unless you've played through once]
Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't. ESPECIALLY since it is revealed he is the SAME age as another love interest.

I mean think about it: this route can have him and her eloping and escaping all responsibility by sailing away on a pirate ship. AND he can save her from the bad necromancer by showing he can fight with pirate sword. Just saying! There was a lot of potential with this route. Think about it: forbidden teacher love plus it's also a forbidden rouge love since the man also wishes to be a pirate (like the MC romance novel)
I'm being a brat for suggesting this--but can we make a fourth love interest happen? The "no love interest route"? Or was that a route and I didn't come across it?

salamandra88art
Regular

#14 Post by salamandra88art »

JBShields wrote:As soon as I woke up, I had to post about this game. I played it last night.

Excellent art and the love interests have their own unique flirting style. Well thought out!

I have one thing I was upset with--I didn't read this Never Give Up thread BEFORE I bought and played the game on Steam. As the OP mentioned, there are three love interests. I played the whole time trying to aim for a "teacher" route, especially I was purposely avoiding the other love interests. I had no idea playing for that goal would be so fun. In fact, when more things were revealed about the professor, the more I thought that route was possible.

[don't read below unless you've played through once]
Imagine my disappointment when it wasn't. ESPECIALLY since it is revealed he is the SAME age as another love interest.

I mean think about it: this route can have him and her eloping and escaping all responsibility by sailing away on a pirate ship. AND he can save her from the bad necromancer by showing he can fight with pirate sword. Just saying! There was a lot of potential with this route. Think about it: forbidden teacher love plus it's also a forbidden rouge love since the man also wishes to be a pirate (like the MC romance novel)
I'm being a brat for suggesting this--but can we make a fourth love interest happen? The "no love interest route"? Or was that a route and I didn't come across it?
I'll tell you a secret. I make a separate game about the teacher, dedicated to his pirate adventure. There will be another main character (not Mia). Total there will be five love interests, including the teacher, of course. One of the love interests - the girl-pirate. The first chapter of the game is already finished, but it is only in Russian. When I finish work on the game, it will be translated into English))

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#15 Post by JBShields »

Sounds great! Looking forward to another chapter with your Elves. I really like Never Give Up and I thought y'all did an excellent job.