Never give up! [GxB] [otome/detective][commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
salamandra88art
Regular

Re: Never give up! [GxB] [otome/detective][commercial]

#16 Post by salamandra88art »

JBShields wrote:Sounds great! Looking forward to another chapter with your Elves. I really like Never Give Up and I thought y'all did an excellent job.
Thank you so much!

Kirlett
Regular

#17 Post by Kirlett »

Awww, yes please, I can't wait to learn about the pirate adventures ^^

Amberbaum
Regular

#18 Post by Amberbaum »

salamandra88art wrote: I'll tell you a secret. I make a separate game about the teacher, dedicated to his pirate adventure. There will be another main character (not Mia). Total there will be five love interests, including the teacher, of course. One of the love interests - the girl-pirate. The first chapter of the game is already finished, but it is only in Russian. When I finish work on the game, it will be translated into English))
I hope for a very (un-)pirate-y adventure then. :3

I must say I really enjoyed your game. Just bought it yesterday so I am on my second playthrough. And my.....it's so gorgeous! Almost too beautiful if you get my meaning :)
It's short , but not in a bad way. I found it very comfortable to read and was genuinely entertained by it. I got more out of it then I would expected. Never give up! delivers what you would expect at the first glance, sure. But it went beyond that. It's cute, it's a bit kitschy (Mia's ramblings, caste system and old prejudices, prestigious school, childhood friend madly in love with her, interested classmate, a handsome detective, but whatever. It's a Otome game! ) but doesn't go overboard with it. I'll say it's the well crafted delicious kitsch that doesn't make to want you to barf or roll your eyes. It's fun, fluffy, pretty and doesn't shy away from featuring more darker themes in it. The combination of Otome and mystery is wonderful and I wish would we get more of that. Especially non-anime visuals. More individuality in graphic styles. I think that would make me happy.

Definitely recommended. Incredible good price-quality ratio.

Note: I don't mean kitsch in a negative here. If I could find I better word for it then i would use it.

Edit: I'm not sure were I should post typos here or in the Steam game discussion:
http://imgur.com/a/rN6iM Souldn't it be: "I am *not* sure that it was the killer...." ?

salamandra88art
Regular

#19 Post by salamandra88art »

Thank you all, I am very pleased to read that you like my visual novel)))
We finally added trading cards, backgrounds and emoticons)))

eriberri

#20 Post by eriberri »

Okay, playing through the game now and I made the mistake of reading this thread and discovering that the teacher wasn't a romance option, whiiiich was a huge downer since I was avoiding all the other romance options so I could hopefully get him.. LOL. Dang!

Oh well, I did want to mention that I really like your style and artwork - the characters are beautiful and their clothing (especially Miss Hortensia Whitehouse, whose entire character design is simply to die for) is just gorgeous. <3

If I can say any con about it so far it's that there is too much explanation at the beginning of the game. I know that you need to establish some background, but I think that such things can be done in a much more streamlined fashion by cutting back on unnecessary details and having need-to-know information emerge as a consequence of the character's actions and experiences. Reading huge chunks of 'background' text without much going on alongside it gets boring, and you really don't want the start - which is meant to capture the player - to get bogged down with words. I think, as a result, the beginning was a tad boring. However, it did get better after that, and I'm enjoying it thus far (besides discovering I cant have my teacher.. T__T).

If he's going to have his own game though.. well, that makes it a bit better. :D

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who noticed this, but was Mia based off of Hermione Granger and Aleister based off of Draco Malfoy?

Reiyane

#21 Post by Reiyane »

The game is amazing and the art is beautiful! At first I had no idea that Mia can actually die, so I got her killed at the first chance, haha. That was quite fun.

I got Alisteir's perfect ending on my first full playthrough. After the first answer it was quite obvious how to respond to him to get him to like me more and more ;) However, I just cannot get Detective's prefect ending. The best I got was a good one. If you could share some tips, I'd be eternally grateful.

I know this is a visual novel and it's not supposed to be scary and all that, but to be honest, there were not enough moments of dread in this whole story. I know that Mia is a brave little half-elf and that it is hard to create genuine moments of fear, but to me there were just not enough of those. And I got the feeling that the confrontation with the killer in Alisteir's path was a bit rushed.
But the story was quite funny. I laughed a few times, especially when Mia was in Professors Goldstone's office, trying to explain why she was late and then when she ran into him in the hallway. I was honestly begging her to shut up already, haha.

All in all I really enjoyed your game. It was uniqe, funny and the characters were very likeable. I cannot wait for your next game, matey ;)

Amberbaum
Regular

#22 Post by Amberbaum »

Reiyane wrote: I got Alisteir's perfect ending on my first full playthrough. After the first answer it was quite obvious how to respond to him to get him to like me more and more ;) However, I just cannot get Detective's prefect ending. The best I got was a good one. If you could share some tips, I'd be eternally grateful.
Decisions and answers that got me the Detectives perfect ending after searching for that one blasted right answer:
Note: I am not sure how relevant the other answers are that only matter to the other LIs, but I thought it is better not to collecting any affection points from them.
-Hide
-Don't say anything
-"I wouldn't say so"
- Follow or going home doesn't matter
- Don't say anything
- I won't go to see Mister Goldstone. I rather explain myself to uncle.
- Walk past (I was so sure that the other option was the right one. It took me so long to figure it out)
- I'm not going
- Ask him anything
- I think I should tell the detective the truth.
- Accept security
- Maximilian
- To the demolished prison
- Confess having feelings for the detective.