One Million Kisses

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ayato

Re: One Million Kisses

#46 Post by Ayato »

You have the mind of an artisan, I love how you make all these weird, yet amzing things so simple and perfect for the story.

To put it bluntly, you're like a visionary in storytelling. Thats why I can never not take a look at your works.

#47 Post by Guest »

Alright, let's start from the beginning.

I open up the game. First thing I notice is I can't put it in window mode. No VN should be window-mode-less.

Second, the art looks like it was drawn in MSPAINT. I don't want to insult MSP too badly, since I've seen good art produced with it. This was not good art.

Third, I get to the first decision and realize there is no save function. This pretty much fucked over any chance of me bothering to get any of the other endings, though on reflection I doubt I would've either way. Speaking of functions, there are none. No back/forward arrows, no save, mouse only allows you to move forward, etc. This might be acceptable for a VN made in 1995 but this is the good ole' 00's. Another thing, no menu. Although I guess a menu would be redundant, since it would need options to be of any use. Also, no BGM. You couldn't have slipped in a midi or something?

I played through to the "Good End". The writing was pretty meh. You managed to spell and use grammar correctly so that's a plus. There was one part where it made no sense, looked like two sentences combined. Him (lol spoilers) falling in love with a random fairy he met when he was a kid seemed just that - random. I could understand the fairy falling in love with him, seeing as she was stalking him the whole time. This VN was very very short. Considering the quality, this is probably for the best.

All in all it was poorly made. I did not enjoy the 3 min it took me to play it.
  • Art - F
    Character Design - F
    Writing - C
    Music/Sound Effects - N/A
    Voicing - N/A
    Overall - F

Hisao

#48 Post by Hisao »

Btw, I'm Guest. Didn't realize I wasn't logged in.

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#49 Post by Samu-kun »

Mmmm... So I finally got to playing this thing. I honestly don't see what all the hallobaloo was about this game, seeing how the intent of the game wasn't really to be groundbreaking in the first place. The graphics are so-so, but then it wasn't meant to have amazing graphics in the first place. The abstract background looks pretty good when it's in the game, although I wouldn't have thought that it was amazing by itself.

What I'm really confused about is why mikey made this in such a limited engine when there's a far superior one right in front of him. I really missed the ctrl key when I was trying to get all the different endings. Also, you can't seem to rollback past decision points... Which doesn't really make sense, since none of the decision points seem to add anything meaningful to the story in the first place.

But really, I can see that just about any person with any sort of sense will be able to see that it was not the intent of the author to create something epic, so I'm kind of confused why there was such a big fuss here. ._.; It's not a good visual novel, but hey, we've all got to take a break every now and then and make something light and easy in between our harder projects...

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#50 Post by mikey »

Thank you for playing, everyone. I don't really know what else to add, since I've explained everything in the previous posts, and there isn't a lot more to it - and I don't want to make things up or try to change the people's minds.
I'm happy if you liked it, I'm sorry if you didn't. Too bad for the "fuss" as Samu-kun mentioned, but sometimes those things happen. It's really just a simple game, but of course I accept all the criticism.
Thanks again for commenting.

Der Tor
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Der Totengräber, There is always a Choice, Darkness
Projects: A Legend of an Ancient Evil
itch: emmanuel-goldstein

#51 Post by Der Tor »

Why don't you put it in the Ren'Ai Archive?

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#52 Post by mikey »

Der Tor wrote:Why don't you put it in the Ren'Ai Archive?
Updating the RAA is in the hands of the editors, but of course I have no objections about OMK being mirrored. But since the updating hasn't been so frequent, I didn't want to push anyone. Whenever there is time.