Starlight Dreamers is now available on Google Play here:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev? ... 9197431597
To everyone who has already downloaded the game, I have uploaded a new version "Starlight-Dreamers-v1.1-all.zip" in the download link that has been bug-proofed (at least there shouldn't be any major bugs that will hinder you from getting any endings) and corrected of some typos and image location errors. As an apology, I have also included a new Guide that should be able to help you achieve 100% for Nori, Masao, Masao & Ren [and Unknown's ending] in one playthrough.
*Some random ranting, feel free to skip this part*
After so many years, the long-awaited (nah, the only person who was awaiting it was me lol) remake of 2014's Starlight Dreamers has arrived in the form of a dating sim, with a whooping word count of 89,142 words (my most yet)!! Not only that, it spans an entire year (well, 9 months to be exact, but that's close enough) and you have 4 different stats to raise, more than 10 different characters (but only 2 have proper endings - although there are different variants, with one secret character), 9 different jobs to choose from, character birthdays - including your own, a track team to join - with competitions on every first Saturday of the month(!), a student council to join, examinations to pass, classes to skip and you can go on dates with your favorite characters! And you also have to make sure that your secret doesn't get out. Sounds like you're in for a hectic year, doesn't it? With so many characters (well, not really, I guess?) to romance, a different bunch of things that you can buy with your money (that increases your stats... or does it?) and a bunch of character-specific events to unlock, Starlight Dreamers (Himeji Gakuen) is the brainchild of many many years of experience (that I gained over the years since my first time making the 2014 version - which was my first game) and many, many, many hours of hard work put in. I honestly think that it's a good way to wrap up my visual novel career - starting with Starlight Dreamers in 2014 and ending with Starlight Dreamers in 2017, and on New Year's Day too (well, I finished it on New Years), no less! Enough ranting, let's get on with the juicy parts!!
Starlight Dreamers is about a girl named Matsui Hiro. She has a really terrible relationship with her mother ever since she was young. Her father left her and her mother when she was really small – too small for her to even remember what he was like. He ended up remarrying, and his new wife didn’t like Hiro. After their divorce, Hiro’s custody went to her mother, although her mother was unwilling to take her. Their relationship grew strained and eventually, Hiro, tired of it all, decided to plan her escape, once she had finished junior high school. The only catch was that the only senior high school that fulfilled all her requirements as a runaway child was Himeji Gakuen, an all-boys boarding school. Desperate to escape, she dressed up as a boy, and her days at Himeji Gakuen began.
Because I'd love to hear your feedback, the first 5 people who leaves a comment here on your thoughts about the game and which character you liked the most (or which is your favourite based on first impressions), will get a personalized email from a character of your choice (excluding Hiro, because... well, that would be kind of weird.) If you'd like to join this giveaway, just state that you would like to do so in the comments and PM me with
(1) a name that you would like to be addressed by
(2) who you would like to receive it from
(3) your email address
(4) optional: your gender/some information about yourself
I'm looking forward to any sort of responses!!
Nori's route is filled with elements such as depression, suicide, insanity and mental illnesses.
MEGA: https://mega.nz/#!ggFRyIQI!35PLamffVPYp ... tDqK8XpQjk
Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk0alko7e0mqb ... l.zip?dl=0
Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B17Fg ... VlVUElXdW8
Updated Walkthrough & Detailed Guide (I would recommend downloading them, google drive messes up my fonts)
Updated Walkthrough: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B17Fg ... nB3UWx6ems
Detailed Guide: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B17Fg ... Hh6U2JSODQ
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Random Cameo's + Extra Information
2. Nine Rigin is actually a reference to “9rigin”, the programmer for the Starlight Dreamers 2014 version and also one of my close friends who actually got me started in the visual novel making world. “Taken’s Killer” is also a reference to the same person, Taken being another one of his nicknames.
3. The names that Kouta lists are actually references to different types of learning styles, I think. I actually had to google that.
4. “If I don’t have a reason for living, it’s worse than not being born at all.” When you use Akio’s command 30 times. That quote is actually heavily inspired by Haku from Naruto. He’s my favourite character in Naruto.
5. Hiro’s birthday – 6th December is actually a reference to my real birthdate.
6. “Inaba’s Rise to Fame: The True Story” is actually a reference to “InabaYap”, one of my close friends who has been following me since the very beginning of my visual novel making journey and has given me a lot of support so far, helping me to beta-test all of my games.
7. The aquarium in Shinagawa that Masao and Ren takes Hiro to during her birthday is actually an aquarium that exists in real life.
8. Akio actually gets a quick cameo in “Never Ending Plains”, a song in the karaoke.
Please do leave a comment here on what you think of it! Due to budgeting costs and the like, I ended up using sprites from Tokudaya (because I wanted the artwork to have a similar style), and there are no CG's, but I do hope that you give this game a try because it would really, really mean a lot to me.