✶Starlight Dreamers(2017)✶[DatingSim,StatRaising,Otome,GXB]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Electric Daisy

Re: ✶Starlight Dreamers(2017)✶[DatingSim,StatRaising,Otome,G

#16 Post by Electric Daisy »

This game is super cool! XD But aww..why can't you date yuito?He's so goddamn interesting! I want himmmm (T-T)
By the way is the give away still on? cause i really want an email from Yuito.Yuito is my Bae (-3-)

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory
Projects: Cafe Mysteria

#17 Post by AsHLeX »

Thank you so much ^_^ It really means a lot to me to hear you say that. Haha, sorry about that.
I can assure you that he's pretty unhappy about that too, even though he tries to hide it. *hides* I'm pretty sure he'll be happy to hear that you chose him.
There are a few scenes with him, though. I've listed them in both the guide and the spoiler.
Yuito's actually really sweet and uncharacteristically kind when you get kicked out of school because your gender gets found out in one of the bad endings.
By right, whether the giveaway is open or closed, would actually depend on whether Ran08 wants one, but I'll make an exception :)
Just PM me your information and I'll get to it immediately ^_^ I hope you aren't disappointed.
(Ran08, if you want an email, just PM me :), to everyone else, the giveaway is closed ^_^, except for the ones who are already in it. Thank you for your participation!)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#18 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just downloaded this! It looks really fun and interesting, and it is hard to find many stat-raising games--especially free. So far, this seems to be of a good quality!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Starlight Dreamers, Mysterious Melody, Town of Memories, Marked, To Fly, The Change, Him From The Past, A Forgotten Memory

#19 Post by AsHLeX »

Thank you! It means a lot to me :) Let me know how it goes!
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by AsHLeX »

Update!! Starlight Dreamers is now available on android in Google Play under Visual-Wordplay
https://play.google.com/store/apps/dev? ... 9197431597
:)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: ✶Starlight Dreamers(2017)✶[DatingSim,StatRaising,Otome,GXB]

#21 Post by AsHLeX »

Opening up this old thread!
So, it's been my lifetime goal for a very very long time to bring to life the Starlight Dreamers that I envisioned in my mind. I started in 2014 when I barely knew programming and came up with well... a version of the game that was very far from my ideal (but hey, what could I do? I barely knew anything about VN's at that point). In 2016/17 I decided to do a revamped version of it and it was way better than the original, IMO but I still had to take a lot of shortcuts (cutting character routes, side stories and lessening the number of characters as well as not having any original art/music/VA/CGs due to budgeting issues). Now, for a solo project, I still think that this version of starlight dreamers far exceeded what I could ever have hoped for... but it's just not enough.
Hence, I've made it my lifetime goal to eventually see this through till the end and basically keep developing this VN till I bring to life what I envisioned way back in 2014. However, while it is my life goal... The funding needed to do this is a LOT and since it is a personal solo project of mine and since I still don't want to go into the troubles of selling a game... I'd say i'll only be able to work on it easily another 5-10 years in the future once I graduate from medical school and get a stable job as a doctor (with all the internship exams). I'll save up some money from my career to fund this project to it's completion.
Long rant completed, I suppose I've opened this thread to ask you guys what you think of this? Do you think improving the current version of Starlight Dreamers is equivalent to milking a dead cow, or would you want to see a more revamped version of it 5-15 years in the future?
If so, I've opened up this thread again from now until that time far off into the future for you to throw some ideas as to what you want to see, who you want to be made romance-able and any flaws that you think existed in this game that you wouldn't want to see in future games.
As a rough guide, I'm thinking of adding maybe a new character (thinking about an animal-loving guy, but it hasn't been confirmed yet) and making Akio and Yuito into dateable characters as they were always meant to be from the start (Yuito from 2014 and Akio from 2016). Of course, updating the art and music and all that as well.

Please understand though, I'm funding this game from out-of-pocket money and it is a pretty large scale game (at least for one person) so when I say that it will probably only begin development easily 5-10 years in the future, I mean it. But I am open to ideas and advice and opinions from now until pretty much then so feel free to let anyone who would be interested know about it. While I know 5-10 years is very far from now, 2017 was 3 years from the original 2014 version so rest assured it is in my personality to not easily let go of things even if it is far away from now. (And making a nicer, larger version of this has always been something I've intended to do at the back of my mind - not simply a late night thought)
That's it for now! Feel free to spam this thread with whatever you would like to say, I'll read it all. :)
New demo out 24/12/23!!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: [Updated 3/18-Opinions]✶Starlight Dreamers(2017)✶[DatingSim,StatRaising,Otome,GXB]

#22 Post by Zelan »

I think if it's your dream, you should go for it. c: Plus, even if the current players get tired of playing revamped versions of the same VN, they'll probably still have enjoyed older versions, and will maybe recommend the newer versions to their friends. And there will always be people on the prowl for new VNs - if you spread the word, people will find it.

AsHLeX
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Updated 3/18-Opinions]✶Starlight Dreamers(2017)✶[DatingSim,StatRaising,Otome,GXB]

#23 Post by AsHLeX »

Hey Zelan! Thanks for stopping by :)
That does make sense, thanks for the support!
New demo out 24/12/23!!