I Want Your Cookies: VDay Special [Free][Romance][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
sgt_pugs
Projects: Vlad's Home for Wayward Vampires, Spot's Last Stop
Tumblr: stonepugstudios
Deviantart: stonepugstudios
itch: stonepug

I Want Your Cookies: VDay Special [Free][Romance][Comedy]

#1 Post by sgt_pugs »

Stonepug Studios Presents: "I Want Your Cookies: A Valentine's Special" a short visual novel or VigNette

SYNOPSIS
Vivian, Aurora, and Kathleen all have their hearts set on the handsome Asimov for Valentine's Day, but who will Asimov choose? The answer probably has something to do with cookies...

Click Here to Play in Browser -> http://stonepug.com/stonepug-valentines ... -vignette/

We suggest using Chrome or Firefox. It works best on Desktop but will function well enough on mobile. Don't worry, content is Safe For Work :) WARNING music will play on load (there is a mute option)

Play time: 15 - 20 minutes

This is our second VigNette, or short visual novel. Thanks for stopping by and giving us a look! If you enjoyed this one you can find our first one at http://stonepug.com/vignettes/. With "I Want Your Cookies" We're excited to introduce more characters that we plan to feature in upcoming episodes. Right now our VigNette's are short and lighthearted as a way to get our feet wet, but we plan to explore our characters further in upcoming episodes and potential series.

If you could, let us know what you think. We'd love to hear your feedback (good and bad). What did you think of the characters, story, and art? Do you like this format of short visual novels/ VigNette's? Would you prefer a downloadable game or is the browser format alright? We here at Stonepug Studios thought we would try this format since we couldn't find anyone currently releasing short VN's in browser, but if you know of anybody else doing this we'd like to hear about it.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: I Want Your Cookies: VDay Special [Free][Romance][Comedy

#2 Post by Mammon »

In comparison to your previous Vingrette, not as good. The more realistic character traits I liked in that story were unfortunately sorely lacking in this one. Don't know if that's because of the slapstick or if you were pressed for the Valentine's day deadline. But the characters were a bit bland and tropy to my taste, especially knowing what you guys are capable of.

That said, I'll still be checking out your next Vingrette ;) , especially if Aurora is in it again. Even if her character here was just a rough sketch, those purple puppy eyes were adorable. With Lorelai (? the red one, sorry I'm terrible with names) her head size is causing a bit of an uncanny valley effect. Way too small in comparison to the rest of the cast and her own body. But those special sprite additions were quite impressive once again.

P.S. forgot to say this previous time, but your game works fine in Opera browser as well.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

sgt_pugs
Projects: Vlad's Home for Wayward Vampires, Spot's Last Stop
Tumblr: stonepugstudios
Deviantart: stonepugstudios
itch: stonepug

#3 Post by sgt_pugs »

Hey Mammon, Sorry I'm just getting around to this. It's been a busy week! Thank you again for reading our VigNette

Thanks for the honest critique. The idea for this actually sprung up in a convo between Stonewall and myself about how sometimes we don't understand what people see in others. I Want Your Cookies is a playful look at this and is far less an exploration of the phenomenon than it is just an expression of our confusion.

That said, I'm glad to hear you're still interested in reading our next piece. We plan to dig a little deeper and we'll be including a lot more of Aurora :)

Now that you mention it, Lorelai's head is kind of small compared to other characters... Thanks for pointing that out. We'll touch her up a bit.

txqina
Regular

#4 Post by txqina »

Mammon may be technically correct about her head size, but Lorelai is still the prettiest and hottest girl in my humble opinion. Don't change her too much!

Although I probably should find bright orange eyes to be a little freaky, in fact they are charming.