Pastel Rain[GxB][Romance][School Life][Drama][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: Pastel Rain[GxB][Romance][School Life][Drama][Free]

#16 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Alrighty, I played the game! I must say, I loved it. Emi-chan was an excellent lead heroine and I loved her sarcasm. Contrast with Kou, it was just fun seeing the two banter. I only wish it was longer! Also, the proofreader inside me noticed some punctuation and a few grammar/spelling errors, but they weren't enough to be too distracting or take away from the story.

Now for spoiler related comments--
Her Mom was a monster! It's like she didn't care about Emi's mental state at all, whether she was happy. It caused Emi so much anxiety that the reason her art had no "soul" was because it must be perfect. This somewhat reminded me of Arima from "Your Lie In April" who was known as the Human Metronome. Perfect, but robotic. It seemed her dad was more caring... it didn't seem clear, but I am guessing they weren't together anymore or...? I have to say though, I feel that this part of the story felt a bit unresolved. She said she would come over and see the painting, so I am curious how she would have reacted if she saw the banner. There's so much that could be expanded upon here.

Oh, and with Kou's backstory... I love how Emi breaks the fourth wall and mentions "it was as if this scene existed for the rain in the title." Brilliant!
Overall, it was a cute story and I loved it! It made me laugh out loud (for real!) several time and smile. The dramatic bits felt real and you really care the more you learn about Emi and why she is the way she is. Gotta go back for the last CG and 3 more achievements, so far I got "Polkamon Master" wahaha loved that xD
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Godline
Veteran
Completed: numerous
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

#17 Post by Godline »

Sayumi!

Yay!

Sorry I meant to write on this post after I played the game, but I'll just write something short now.

Loved it. Especially the chemistry between the characters. Kou was adorable, definitely my 'type' and the art was beautiful. Nice job!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#18 Post by Zelan »

I FINALLY PLAYED IT two months later

It was really cute! owo I loved Emi's puppy dog face, and Kou's blushing face. And I loved the way that Emi and Kou interacted and bantered with one another. The two of them together are just <3.
I felt so sorry for poor Emi, with the pressure being put on her like that! I swear if I could have reached through the screen and slapped her mom I would have done it. And maybe adopted Emi while I was at it.
I am also proud to say that I unlocked all of the achievement! Polkamon Master was my first one. cx