A Not-So-Bloody Tale [Historical]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
masachika

A Not-So-Bloody Tale [Historical]

#1 Post by masachika »

A Not-So-Bloody Tale
Historical, and not quite anything else...?

Synopsis
The heroine Aya (name changeable) was in the middle of working hard on her homework when she suddenly fell asleep and woke up... inside a forest!?
"My God, the people here wear ancient clothes... what is this, a bizarre cosplay party?!"
What should Aya do as she's suddenly thrown into "another world", and is forced to make important choices?

Characters
Heroine (default name: Aya)
A headstrong, tomboyish girl who is a bit on the stupid side.
Very kind at heart, though she tends to act mean when embarrassed.
Image Image Image Image
From the left: Puntadewa, Krishna, Arjuna, and Bima
Image Image Image Image
From the left: Nakula, Sadewa, Drestayumna, and Durna

Notes
Hello, everyone! This will be my first post as well as my group's first release. Yay! We hope the amount of enjoyment you feel as you play is equivalent to our stress as we made it. :)
A little background on the game: Actually, this game is made for a Javanese Culture research task in school. We're free to write research about anything, so we thought, why not visual novels? After all, we have an artist in the group. In any case, the point of this game is to spread the Javanese Wayang Puppet Story of Barathayuda (the war between Pandawa, the protagonists, and Kurawa, the antagonists). Specifically, it's about Puntadewa's role in killing Durna, a very strong person on Kurawa's side. After playing this game, please give a little bit of your time to fill the questionnaire about it in the link given below! :D

Here are some things to note:
  • We're very new to coding, so if you encounter bugs, we may or may not be able to fix it, we're very sorry!
  • We're aware of the typos (and some grammatical mistake), but we have no more time to fix it so... we're very sorry about that too.
  • This game has no CGs, unfortunately :( | The game previews are in attachment!
  • This game is for fun, and of course in the actual story, the heroine doesn't exist! We took lots of, ahem, creative liberty when creating this game. But don't worry, the story is basically the same.
  • There are three (!!!) endings.
  • The good ending is the true ending that doesn't alter the original story!

Credits
BGMs TamMusic | maoudamashii | 佐久間ユウキ
Backgrounds k-after (1 2) | たかなし(子梨) | 彩 雅介 | fylgjur | mugenjohncel

..and our team! :D

Now that that's over with, please download and enjoy!

Thank you very much!
Attachments
scr4.PNG
scr3.PNG
scr2.PNG
scr1.PNG

Onigirice

Re: A Not-So-Bloody Tale [Historical]

#2 Post by Onigirice »

Congrats for the release :D

tomonkazu
itch: rffknght

#3 Post by tomonkazu »

Congrats for the release o/ I haven't finished playing it yet so no review for now? I guess.
Also yeah, there are still a lot of awkward scenes here and there but since you guys did this VN for school task and as long as you guys having fun and completely finished this project then good work! 👍

Waiting for your next project if you decided to make a new one! ((Count me in too x'D))

m_celeri

#4 Post by m_celeri »

I liked it. Especially the art and the choice of music. The story was easy and enjoyable to read. I think I heard it before, but I only remembered
how they'll use the trick with elephent. I didn't know about the carriage or that Puntadewa (they really have complicated names XD) never lied. I hated when in one of the endings Durna killed Puntadewa after he told him the truth. (Like seriously Durna, what's up with you?! You ba***rd. :x )
I already did the survey and hope that you'll get great marks. :) (I'll keep my fingers crossed.)

Ibitz
Regular
Projects: Magical Disarray (WIP)
Organization: Ibitz Visual Novels
Deviantart: http://ibitz.deviant
itch: ibitz

#5 Post by Ibitz »

Cute and short, but interesting game. I liked learning something new today. Very interesting story. Thanks for sharing this tale with us. Nicely done! :)

Ibitz is a self-taught coder/artist who works alone on their games. All games I create are freeware. If you need any help with coding or creating your game, just let me know. I'd be more than happy to help.