My first game, Another Day

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

Re: My first game, Another Day

#16 Post by Hime »

Guest wrote:i didn't no it was illegal :shock: i jus got images off of google :(
It absolutely is illegal, and as Google is just a search machine, it's just the same as you had taken those pictures from any other website. Using music, drawings or anything made by others without their permission is a copyright infrigment and the original artist or the company that had produced the music/game that the drawings are from (if they're from a VN for example) could charge you for using their work, distributing it and not mentioning who made it. Depending on the country you live in the cost of using illegal material in your game may end up pretty high... I've heard you have to pay a lot for copyright infrigments in the USA for example, but it's not like you get away with it in other countries either.

Myself, the use of illegal material in the game bothered me a lot and the vocal songs (which I didn't even like as songs, personally) irritated me as they distracted me from the text with their lyrics. No matter how much easier it is to just steal other people's work, you shouldn't do that! You should either make pictures and songs of your own, take some from a site that offers resources like them for free use and distribution (Google is not like this! It's just a search machine, and most of the material you find with it is illegal to use!) or ask some artist to make graphics or music for your game. There's a lot of artists of both kind on this forum, too, and many of them are looking for work, so there's no excuse for stealing music and art. Please, avoid doing it in future if just possible, for the original artist's sake, for the audience's sake, and most importantly, for your own sake.

Debra2112
Completed: Another Day
Projects: It's Your Choice... Really(WIP)

#17 Post by Debra2112 »

Thank you! I won't my next game is 100% me anyway. All the drawings; mine :D
And i didn't steal music. I got it from my computer.
(L) Live life to the fullest (L)

Hime
Veteran
Projects: Project Nattsu, Take Rena Home

#18 Post by Hime »

Debra2112 wrote:Thank you! I won't my next game is 100% me anyway. All the drawings; mine :D
And i didn't steal music. I got it from my computer.
Did you ask for the original artist's permission and if you did, did he/she/they say yes? Without their permission for you to distribute the music freely, it counts as stealing, unfortunetly, because in that case you have no right to put it in your game and distribute the game. Even if you had bought the music, it doesn't mean you can give it to anyone (since the musics come together with the game, you practically give it to every downloader) without the artist getting any profit or even credit. It'd sure be nice if we could just do that, but if we could, the artists wouldn't get any money from their work as everyone could get their songs without paying a cent.

But it's wonderful to hear that you'll be making all the drawings for your next game. Good luck with that project, I'll look forward to it! ^^

Debra2112
Completed: Another Day
Projects: It's Your Choice... Really(WIP)

#19 Post by Debra2112 »

thank you :D
(L) Live life to the fullest (L)

Midnighticequeen
Veteran
Completed: Bunni and Kitty, Sweethearts, Tiesa's Tales
Projects: Wish
Organization: Ice Queen Games
itch: icequeenstudios

#20 Post by Midnighticequeen »

Good luck on your next VN! Everything I wanted to comment on about this game has already been told to you so, just make sure you don't use other people songs or images without permission. Renpy has a resources page where you can find free to use music and images, so be sure to check it out if you need to.

#21 Post by Guest »

thx :D

#22 Post by Guest »

Great game :D