Culinary Kakkoii [Visual Novel][Comedy][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
GissyEva
Tumblr: chibigissy
Deviantart: Giss-chan
Soundcloud: GissyEvaa

Culinary Kakkoii [Visual Novel][Comedy][Free]

#1 Post by GissyEva »

This a collaborative project with my friends, TenshiHanka and Coco! We worked on it for a couple of weeks
It’s a visual novel game that is basically a cooking show and you (the player) are the judge! You get to decide which dish is the best! And the characters in the game have an…. interesting way of cooking! It’s mostly comedy with some surprises here and there. Not to mention, you get to interact with some of the characters before the round starts!

It’s available to download for Windows and Mac:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/e0zlyapp4 ... -dists.zip
(If you have a Linux and wanted to play this, feel free to ask!!)
Hope you'll enjoy it! ^^

Screenshots:

DarkChibiShadow
Regular
Completed: Tomai (BxB), Disaster Log C (GxG), One-Eyed Lee P.1 (Point-and-click)
Projects: Solanaceae: After All
Tumblr: dcsart
Deviantart: DarkChibiShadow
itch: darkchibishadow

Re: Culinary Kakkoii [Visual Novel][Comedy][Free]

#2 Post by DarkChibiShadow »

I was instantly drawn to the expressive style of this game and I'm glad I was, it was a lot of fun!
Every character felt very different and LOOKED very different, which I appreciate so much. There's nothing I like more than an interesting style in a VN~
It was fun to go thru the contest with everyone and check out all the different options! (Team A ended up being my favorite, tho Kasca has my favorite design.)

Next time, I'd love to see a custom text box too and a credits screen, haha! Because *I* care, c'mon show me the credits! :D

Oh! A specific question; assuming ya'll made your music: where did you get some of the sounds for "Too Many Whistles"?
My studio partner and I have been looking for some of those sounds to use in our own things for sooo long and any leads would be amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing and I'm excited to see what ya'll make next! You should get an itch.io page to share this too :D

GissyEva

#3 Post by GissyEva »

DarkChibiShadow wrote:I was instantly drawn to the expressive style of this game and I'm glad I was, it was a lot of fun!
Every character felt very different and LOOKED very different, which I appreciate so much. There's nothing I like more than an interesting style in a VN~
It was fun to go thru the contest with everyone and check out all the different options! (Team A ended up being my favorite, tho Kasca has my favorite design.)

Next time, I'd love to see a custom text box too and a credits screen, haha! Because *I* care, c'mon show me the credits! :D

Oh! A specific question; assuming ya'll made your music: where did you get some of the sounds for "Too Many Whistles"?
My studio partner and I have been looking for some of those sounds to use in our own things for sooo long and any leads would be amazing.

Thanks so much for sharing and I'm excited to see what ya'll make next! You should get an itch.io page to share this too :D
Heyooo!

Thank you for your feedback! I'm really glad that you like our game! ^^

There are a few points I would like to respond to!:

1. The reason why there isn't a custom text box is because the main programmer, Tesnhi, wanted to get the game finished before he has to go to a meet up with some internet friends that all of us on the team are familiar with and by then, he would show the game, which he did. ^^

2. As for the music thing, I'm not really that much of an music expert but from what Tenshi said, most of the sounds in the game's music are the AucusticaInstruments.vst file in Mixcraft he imported to Fl Studio. The whistle sounds are high notes in some of the drum kits. If you wanna know for details about it, you can contact him in his many YT accounts (Either TenshiHankTR or Otaku Krap)

3. As for the Ichi.io page, that could be an idea. Coco is very familiar with the site and Tenshi says it sounds cool!

GissyEva

#4 Post by GissyEva »

Hello! I'm not too sure if double posting is allowed in this forum but it's been over a I want to inform those that after long....VERY LONG time, we decide to set up an itch.io page for Culinary Kakkoii, along with its long term sequel that I will make a thread about!

https://kakkoiikrew.itch.io/culinary-kakkoii Sorry that we took a while! Hopefully the page is worth the wait~! ^o^