What's Your Name? [GxB, Romance, Horror, Dark Fantasy, 2017]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

What's Your Name? [GxB, Romance, Horror, Dark Fantasy, 2017]

#1 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Team
Sunlit-Dreamer: Writer, Coder, BG Artist
Amiralo: Sprite Artist, CG Artist, Editor, Beta-Tester

24k Total Wordcount
"15" Endings

Guide

Note
There is no gallery. After a number of days, Amiralo will upload the cgs on her deviantart instead.
WARNING! ALL HEADPHONE USERS MUST LOWER THEIR VOLUME!

(16+, Non-consensual implications and romance​, implied blood and gore)
Summary
Important announcement! The Mythical Creature Integration Program, also known as MCIP, are now accepting applications. The last batch of humans have all been paired off, and new mythical creatures have joined the program looking for humans to be their life partners. Send in an application as soon as possible as there are a limited number of slots available.

And now for a reminder from the MCIP to all human beings.

Never give a mythical creature your name.

Download here
Bachelor 1

Bachelors 2 & 3

Bachelor 4
Last edited by Sunlit-Dreamer on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ImageImageImageImage

Desichan
Regular
IRC Nick: Desichan
Tumblr: Desichan

Re: What's Your Name? [GxB, Romance, Horror, Dark Fantasy, 2

#2 Post by Desichan »

Ohhhh wow congrats on finishing up your game! It looks really great, just finished downloading it, and I'm excited to check it out! >wOb

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#3 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Hope you enjoy~ Amiralo and I are looking forward to your reaction. =3
ImageImageImageImage

Kirlett
Regular

#4 Post by Kirlett »

Oh my God this game. I loved it.
It's so creepy! In a good way!

My favorite is the mermaid, he's so cute!!!!
BUT HIS WORST ENDING WHAT THE HELL. I WAS SCARED. SHARK!!!!
The serious heroine... I love her.
HER BUNNIES. SHE'S A LOLITA. A LOLITA BUSINESS WOMAN WHO LOVES BUNNIES. ADORABLE.
My favorite thing was that there's 3 different MCs ^^
AND THAT EPILOGUE AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE GOOD ENDINGS. OMG SO CREEPY. I WANT TO KNOW MORE

Desichan
Regular
IRC Nick: Desichan
Tumblr: Desichan

#5 Post by Desichan »

Waaaah I loved it so much!! It was really cute, fun, and I loved the endings, haha!
My favorite route was definitely the twins, like it was better than I ever thought it may be!
Like omg, the player ended up being into lolita, and like... Overall she reminded me a lot of myself, so it really helped me enjoy it! And like Rihard and Erwins, ummmm, they're so sweet! (And their job is so cool, I'm not gonna lie! I had a great time on that route!)
Also, the mermaid also had a really great route, it was pretty fun, I especially liked the last bad ending and the worst ending! But mainly the bad ending, where you get kidnapped. ^^
Overall it was a great game, and I had a fun time playing!
I loved how it leaves things open for thought, as you can try to wonder more what lies behind the curtains of what we have seen.

All the art was great as well!
I particularly liked the cute little cgs with the mc in em! I also really liked the sprites, and yeah! Everything looks really nice visually!

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#6 Post by Harliqueen »

Major congrats on finishing! I was really looking forward to this one throughout the month, so I'm excited to see you managed to get it done :)

Gonna give it a try over the weekend!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#7 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Kirlett wrote:Oh my God this game. I loved it.
It's so creepy! In a good way!

My favorite is the mermaid, he's so cute!!!!
BUT HIS WORST ENDING WHAT THE HELL. I WAS SCARED. SHARK!!!!
The serious heroine... I love her.
HER BUNNIES. SHE'S A LOLITA. A LOLITA BUSINESS WOMAN WHO LOVES BUNNIES. ADORABLE.
My favorite thing was that there's 3 different MCs ^^
AND THAT EPILOGUE AFTER YOU COMPLETE THE GOOD ENDINGS. OMG SO CREEPY. I WANT TO KNOW MORE
Squeeeee so happy you loved it~ (And oh gosh I can picture Amiralo hyperventilating once she sees the posts from pure happiness.) Mission is a success!

And yes, he's absolutely adorable! As you obviously saw, I abused the heck out of his first cg cuz he's just TOO CUTE!
MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I was inspired by another story I've read several months ago that also had mermaids. Their mouths would open up all the way to where their "ears" would be. So there ya go~
She's one of my best written mcs evah!
I always planned the bunny love from that start. The lolita bit came up while Amiralo and I were goofing around. She sketched her in a lolita dress on the spot. AND I LOVED IT. And yup! Three heroines! Although that's supposed to be a secret. :P We wanted to surprise our readers by the time they got to the 2nd good ending hahaha.
You can thank Amiralo's friend who beta read for us as a blind reader! The first version, which was only the Lampir's path, didn't impress her much. The only thing she was interested in was "that". So thanks to her, the story was vastly improved!
Desichan wrote:Waaaah I loved it so much!! It was really cute, fun, and I loved the endings, haha!
My favorite route was definitely the twins, like it was better than I ever thought it may be!
Like omg, the player ended up being into lolita, and like... Overall she reminded me a lot of myself, so it really helped me enjoy it! And like Rihard and Erwins, ummmm, they're so sweet! (And their job is so cool, I'm not gonna lie! I had a great time on that route!)
Also, the mermaid also had a really great route, it was pretty fun, I especially liked the last bad ending and the worst ending! But mainly the bad ending, where you get kidnapped. ^^
Overall it was a great game, and I had a fun time playing!
I loved how it leaves things open for thought, as you can try to wonder more what lies behind the curtains of what we have seen.

All the art was great as well!
I particularly liked the cute little cgs with the mc in em! I also really liked the sprites, and yeah! Everything looks really nice visually!
Thank you~ Glad you enjoyed it!
Guh, my heart cannot deny that story wise, the twins path is my favorite. (Not biased in anyway whatsoever) And yes, connect with the heroine. Connect I say! (In seriousness though I'm aware that lots of others go through what she has, loving something so much. But unable to enjoy it for "this or that" reason. It helps when you have someone to pull you of that rut and say "WHO THE FUDGE CARES, YOU LOVE IT SO DO IT".
Ahh yes, the adorable mermaid~ Do you mean the worst ending? Since in the bad one you pretty much get drowned and eaten. (Yup, "they" eat you up.)
Hehehehehe. :P The world may never know.

Amiral will be so happy to hear that!
Harliqueen wrote:Major congrats on finishing! I was really looking forward to this one throughout the month, so I'm excited to see you managed to get it done :)

Gonna give it a try over the weekend!
Thankies~ It was a close call, but we pulled it off with a couple all nighters.

Hope you enjoy~

(Also plan to play your nano, still love Diving in Deep from 2015!)
ImageImageImageImage

serenescientist
Projects: Asalaam E Ishqum

#8 Post by serenescientist »

This looks great, and I'm partway through it [I love the humour so far!], I just wanted to ask if every route has a good end & a bad end, because I'm something of a completionist.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#9 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

serenescientist wrote:This looks great, and I'm partway through it [I love the humour so far!], I just wanted to ask if every route has a good end & a bad end, because I'm something of a completionist.
Huzzah~
Generic bad, anger/upset, special death, worst, and good for each path. We were thinking of making a guide if it was asked for, but so far everyone seems to have no troubles. =3 To get anger/upset, you simply have to upset them 3 times total. Angering them at the special death will still give you the exact same ending.
I didn't make an endings list this year since so many are basically generic bad ends.

Edited a bit since might've spoiled a wee bit too much. XD
ImageImageImageImage

Artemesia

#10 Post by Artemesia »

What a wonderful collaboration! I've been a fan of both of your works thus far, and this is another addition.
At first, I didn't realize allowing the timer to run out was an option. I had to go back to Sixte's route again to see what would have changed if I allowed this to happen―I didn't expect to receive his worst ending this way! I ended up replaying all of their routes trying to receive the bad resolutions. There was a lot of interesting tidbits about the characters with those conclusions, and for that reason, I actually really enjoyed the bad and worst endings. I would appreciate the ending guide, so I can see if I got them all. There were a lot of generic bad endings, but I never saw one labeled anger/upset ending or special ending. I think I've seen the anger/upset with the twins, but I don't think I saw that with Sixte or Judicael. And, if I did, I'm unaware about it.

Out of all them, I liked Judicael's path the best. He has sweet/shy/gentle disposition, but had some of the creepiest and chilling resolutions (+the most kills!!!). I felt that his sisters and the kidnapping were particularly unsettling aspects of his route. The twins were delightfully amusing with their sharp tongues and twisted games. Those two felt more obviously dangerous than the others; their bad endings definitely reflected such cruelty and violence. With Sixte, I thought he was obnoxious, and I wasn't as interested with him as the others. But, he was the one, who seemed most interested in an actual relationship. (Having three separate female protagonists was a nice touch! I thought it was a refreshing idea to have!)

The epilogue had a twist that surprised me. What a crazy method to remedy overpopulation! 3 applicants approved, then 10,000 applicants to be killed―madness! Also, no matter how I look at it, I don't foresee any of the three protagonists having a happy ending. Sixte has a volatile personality. The cop's daughter would be constantly walking on eggshells, and evident by his worst ending and bad endings, he can be possessive/controlling and the intensity of his rage is troubling. Judicael and his family's overenthusiastic desire to expand their lineage is foreboding as well as what the MCIP wants to do with their offspring. 48 kids?!?! I don't think if the tattoo artist and Judicael ever fight that it will end peacefully―he could conjure up a storm that could destroy the pier, or his family could kill her if they so pleased. His future behaviors are mystery even to the MCIP; that unpredictability is scary in itself. Then, the twins have a shady former profession and that can always come back to haunt them. Who says their uncle doesn't pay them a visit? What about the twins's sadistic "hobbies" like what was said in their worst ending?
Sorry about the long babble, but I quite like how horror and romance melded in the game. I had a lot of thoughts about the game running through my head. Keep up the good work! c:

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#11 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Artemesia wrote:What a wonderful collaboration! I've been a fan of both of your works thus far, and this is another addition.
At first, I didn't realize allowing the timer to run out was an option. I had to go back to Sixte's route again to see what would have changed if I allowed this to happen―I didn't expect to receive his worst ending this way! I ended up replaying all of their routes trying to receive the bad resolutions. There was a lot of interesting tidbits about the characters with those conclusions, and for that reason, I actually really enjoyed the bad and worst endings. I would appreciate the ending guide, so I can see if I got them all. There were a lot of generic bad endings, but I never saw one labeled anger/upset ending or special ending. I think I've seen the anger/upset with the twins, but I don't think I saw that with Sixte or Judicael. And, if I did, I'm unaware about it.

Out of all them, I liked Judicael's path the best. He has sweet/shy/gentle disposition, but had some of the creepiest and chilling resolutions (+the most kills!!!). I felt that his sisters and the kidnapping were particularly unsettling aspects of his route. The twins were delightfully amusing with their sharp tongues and twisted games. Those two felt more obviously dangerous than the others; their bad endings definitely reflected such cruelty and violence. With Sixte, I thought he was obnoxious, and I wasn't as interested with him as the others. But, he was the one, who seemed most interested in an actual relationship. (Having three separate female protagonists was a nice touch! I thought it was a refreshing idea to have!)

The epilogue had a twist that surprised me. What a crazy method to remedy overpopulation! 3 applicants approved, then 10,000 applicants to be killed―madness! Also, no matter how I look at it, I don't foresee any of the three protagonists having a happy ending. Sixte has a volatile personality. She would be constantly walking on eggshells, and evident by his worst ending and bad endings, he can be possessive/controlling and the intensity of his rage is troubling. Judicael and his family's overenthusiastic desire to expand their lineage is foreboding as well as what the MCIPP wants to do with their offspring. 48 kids?!?! I don't think if she and Judicael ever fight that it will end peacefully―a storm could destroy the pier, or his family will kill her. His future behaviors are mystery; that unpredictability is scary in itself. The twins have a shady former profession and that can always come back to haunt them. Who says their uncle doesn't pay them a visit? What about the twins's sadistic "hobbies" like what was said in their worst ending?
Sorry about the long babble, but I quite like how horror and romance melded in the game. Keep up the good work! c:
Another satisfied reader, yosh~
I originally wanted to put numbers, buuut they were hard to read and very tiny. (Wasn't even going to add a timer in the first place but decided against it because that would be just too mean.) But yes, sometimes doing/saying nothing is the best action. Those moments in horror films where people are breathing heavily, or cry out "Where are you!?" and you just want to facepalm. And all right, I'll add the guide. =3 Probably not until tomorrow since Amiralo and I planned to after 3 days. Plus...it's April Fools. Don't want anyone thinking it's a fake. Anyway, there's only 3 ending screens. The special death/anger endings also get the same bad ending cg. The special death is when you make the other wrong choice at the end. So in a random order it's special death, good, and worst choices. For Sixte, his anger is him saying, "Three times...three times now you've angered me." and pulls your hair. For Judicael, he flips over your boat and leaves you trapped in a storm.

Hahaha, I can see why you prefer the others over Sixte. With how much girls obsess over vampires, I wanted him to be all "Of course the ladies love me, I'm both a vampire AND a werewolf, the best of both worlds!" (You have no idea how much Amiralo and I goofed around with these guys on Skype. XD And I will admit he is somewhat based off of a certain blonde haired, violet eyed character from a certain series I loved reading years back.) It's pretty funny that even though he has the most kills, he never directly kills you unlike the others. And yes, the twins pretty much have the worst of the worst endings for..."various" reasons. As for the three heroines, idea came up randomly. Amiralo made some sketches, and voila. Three different ladies. This way, each guy has a lady tailored specifically for them.

That's right~ You MAY think they got a happy ever after, but life doesn't always work out like that. So many things can go wrong~ Buuuut you can always headcanon to yourself that they do live happy lives, ignorant to the MCIP's plans since they have 5 months remaining on the 6 month time period to decide whether to marry or not. Ooooor you can imagine all the other scenarios instead because the ladies never realized the guys' true nature. =P
Don't worry about it, your long "babble" made me grin while reading it~ =3
ImageImageImageImage

Amiralo
Regular
Completed: What's your name? : 2017 nano reno, Saccharine: a misleading sim date. Reverie: an odd simdate. Where adabans grow: an asian simdate. Monochrome and colors.
Projects: Enwiss the Beloved
Organization: Amiralo
Deviantart: Amiralo

#12 Post by Amiralo »

I am honestly shocked at how many comments this game is getting. You are all making Sunlitdreamer and me cry haha.
Thank you for taking the time to get all good ends!
My deviant art (where you can look at the embarrassing sim dates I have made). http://amiralo.deviantart.com/

My current project
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=54150

YonYonYon
Veteran
Projects: Nightflower(Frozen), Reach the Starlight(WIP)

#13 Post by YonYonYon »

This game is delicious. Merman's route was especially good, it mixed the romance, cuteness, and creepiness very well.
Least favorite route were the twins, I just don't like their type
ImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#14 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

YonYonYon wrote:This game is delicious. Merman's route was especially good, it mixed the romance, cuteness, and creepiness very well.
Least favorite route were the twins, I just don't like their type
Glad you enjoyed! (Yes he is very adorable~)

And I understand, there are just some types you can't make yourself like. (I have a couple myself as well. =P)
ImageImageImageImage

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#15 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Now that a few days has passed (and I was asked to so I shall oblige) I have created a guide. (And wow is the mermaid's path simple, how did I not notice that?) Link is in the main post.

Now all you bad end haters can skip over them to get straight to the good ends~
ImageImageImageImage