What's Your Name? [GxB, Romance, Horror, Dark Fantasy, 2017]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Artemesia

Re: What's Your Name? [GxB, Romance, Horror, Dark Fantasy, 2

#16 Post by Artemesia »

Wow, seems like you guys had a lot of fun developing the game! I'm kind of curious about what plot or character ideas that make it into the game, but were on the table at some point. It sounds to be you were inspired by Mister Daniel Molloy! I forgot the mention that I also appreciated that the three protagonists had flaws/hardships. The twin's protagonist was a good example of that especially because they saw through her sh*t!

Thanks for the walkthrough! It turns out the only ending I missed on was Sixte's anger resolution. That ending really tied in overall plot. But, was he bluffing? I do believe that the MCIP practices sending in fake applicants until the "real" applicant comes in. (Sixte for nourishment, the twins for "parts/experiments," and Judicael for his loneliness/family/???). However, I thought that these girls were "real" applicants. The MCIP allowed these protagonists to be approved which seems to mean that either there was no killing order placed at that time or that their quota had been reached just prior to them. It was only after their approval that the population was rising, so there was no reason to kill. Or, does their status change based on endings?

My headcanons are a tad pessimistic (lmao). As the audience, seeing so many red flags and the behind-the-scenes antics, it makes it harder to think that there is a happy ending. d:

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly
Projects: NaNo2021 Cracked Moonstone
Deviantart: Sunlit-Dreamer
itch: Sunlit-Dreamer

#17 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Artemesia wrote:
Wow, seems like you guys had a lot of fun developing the game! I'm kind of curious about what plot or character ideas that make it into the game, but were on the table at some point. It sounds to be you were inspired by Mister Daniel Molloy! I forgot the mention that I also appreciated that the three protagonists had flaws/hardships. The twin's protagonist was a good example of that especially because they saw through her sh*t!

Thanks for the walkthrough! It turns out the only ending I missed on was Sixte's anger resolution. That ending really tied in overall plot. But, was he bluffing? I do believe that the MCIP practices sending in fake applicants until the "real" applicant comes in. (Sixte for nourishment, the twins for "parts/experiments," and Judicael for his loneliness/family/???). However, I thought that these girls were "real" applicants. The MCIP allowed these protagonists to be approved which seems to mean that either there was no killing order placed at that time or that their quota had been reached just prior to them. It was only after their approval that the population was rising, so there was no reason to kill. Or, does their status change based on endings?

My headcanons are a tad pessimistic (lmao). As the audience, seeing so many red flags and the behind-the-scenes antics, it makes it harder to think that there is a happy ending. d:
Oh yes, so much fun~ Would even rp them when we were taking breaks. The only real character change was the serious mc. She was originally gonna be the "shy, innocent" type. But as I thought about it while we made the heroines, I changed my mind because the twins wouldn't have as much fun teasing her like they would someone more serious. (Not to mention I'm pretty sure a shy innocent type wouldn't apply in the first place. Also, never heard of Molloy. I do read Stephen King and Holly Black though~) And yup, that's why they're such a good match for her.

You're welcome! As for whether he was bluffing...it's as you say. Their status changes depending on the ending you get. =P Regarding Judicael, they really are just trying to pair him up. (They DO have a reputation to keep after all hahaha.) His sisters either just get in the way, or he was made upset too much.

Hehehe, those poor, poor girls.
ImageImageImageImage

Dreamgazer
Veteran
Completed: Death Room; Don't Take This Risk; War: 13th Day; War Specials
Projects: Beauty and the War (X Playing Pieces)
Organization: Poison Apple Tales
Tumblr: poisonappletales
Deviantart: PoisonAppleTales

#18 Post by Dreamgazer »

Congratulations for finishing your NaNoRenO game, Sunlit-Dreamer and Amiralo! I actually downloaded and played this game the day after it came out. I just haven't been able to sit down and write down my thoughts until now. Can I just tell you that I adored it?

On my first run-through, I ended up with the elegant Lampir. I managed to get his good ending in one try, and I remember wondering where all the darker content was. Then, I went back and deliberately chose the opposite responses and/or let the timer run out. When I saw those bad endings...
oh, it made Lampir's character all the more beautiful in that chilling, yet intriguing way. Seeing just how dangerous he could be gave so much more meaning to the good ending and the epilogue.
Afterwards, it took me a while to get someone other than Lampir with the quiz (apparently, we're such a great match), but I finally succeeded in landing on the merman's route. Now, with this guy, I kept running into so many bad endings.
At first, his sisters kept killing me, and then, I kept getting trapped with him! Which was an enjoyable read, I'll admit.

The twins were the last route for me (after getting paired with the Lampir a dozen times again). I loved their dynamic with the serious protagonist, who was my favorite of the heroines.
After getting the special death on my first try,
I reached their good end, followed by the epilogue that definitely piqued my interest about this lovely world you've created.

I believe I've gone through every ending there is to get, and I can tell you that I've found this game quite satisfying. Lampir was my favorite and not just because the quiz kept trying to match us together. I like characters like him, sophisticated and intelligent and endearingly poetic. The Pukis twins were my second favorite because you did such a splendid job juggling their cuteness with their...
shadier proclivities.
Honestly, you both managed to give the characters a lovely amount of complexity in such a short amount of time. It's wonderful work, and if you ever decide to elaborate this world, I would definitely want to learn more about it. I'd actually like to know more behind-the-scene detail, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
Amiralo wrote:I am honestly shocked at how many comments this game is getting. You are all making Sunlitdreamer and me cry haha.
Don't be so surprised, Amiralo! You two have made an amazing game and story. I had so much fun with it.
In fact, your characters are so interesting they're making me want to RP with you two!
Congrats again for finishing this lovely game in time!
Last edited by Dreamgazer on Thu May 04, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran
Completed: NaNo2015 Bedtime, NaNo2016 The Doll and the Spider, NaNo2017 What's Your Name?, NaNo2018 Painting Your Skin, NaNo2019 Home's Embrace, NaNo2020 Molly

#19 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Dreamgazer wrote:Congratulations for finishing your NaNoRenO game, Sunlit-Dreamer and Amiralo! I actually downloaded and played this game the day after it came out. I just haven't been able to sit down and write down my thoughts until now. Can I just tell you that I adored it?

On my first run-through, I ended up with the elegant Lampir. I managed to get his good ending in one try, and I remember wondering where all the darker content was. Then, I went back and deliberately chose the opposite responses and/or let the timer run out. When I saw those bad endings...
oh, it made Lampir's character all the more beautiful in that chilling, yet intriguing way. Seeing just how dangerous he could be gave so much more meaning to the good ending and the epilogue.
Afterwards, it took me a while to get someone other than Lampir with the quiz (apparently, we're such a great match), but I finally succeeded in landing on the merman's route. Now, with this guy, I kept running into so many bad endings.
At first, his sisters kept killing me, and then, I kept getting trapped with him! Which was an enjoyable read, I'll admit.

The twins were the last route for me (after getting paired with the Lampir a dozen times again). I loved their dynamic with the serious protagonist, who was my favorite of the heroines.
After getting the special death on my first try,
I reached their good end, followed by the epilogue that definitely piqued my interest about this lovely world you've created.

I believe I've gone through every ending there is to get, and I can tell you that I've found this game quite satisfying. Lampir was my favorite and not just because the quiz kept trying to match us together. I like characters like him, sophisticated and intelligent and endearingly poetic. The Pukis twins were my second favorite because you did such a splendid job juggling their cuteness with their...
shadier proclivities.
Honestly, you both managed to give the characters a lovely amount of complexity in such a short amount of time. It's wonderful work, and if you ever decide to elaborate this world, I would definitely want to learn more about it. I'd actually like to know more behind-the-scene detail, if you wouldn't mind sharing.
Amiralo wrote:I am honestly shocked at how many comments this game is getting. You are all making Sunlitdreamer and me cry haha.
Don't be so surprised, Amiralo! You two have made an amazing game and story. I had so much fun with it.
In fact, your characters are so interesting they're making me want to RP with you two!
Congrats again for finishing this lovely game in time!
Thankies~ (Been a while since I've seen you around, you liiiive!) And it's all right, we all have busy lives. (Plus, sooooooooo many nanos. I really haven't had much freetime myself to read the ones I've had my eye on.) =3

Ahh yes, the ever dramatic Lampir with his poses and his exuberance. Nice to see one of the few who fall in "love" with him~ XF
It's a sign! You're meant to beeeee.
Hahaha the merman, his endings always trip people up. I enjoyed how you implemented timers in your asylum jam vn that I decided why not use them in mine? Note: Watched via Markiplier, so wasn't able to read for myself. Still enjoyed it!
And goodness does that quiz love pairing you up with him. XDDD
Lolita heroine would look so lovely in Alice cosplay with the twins don't you think? =P
Very glad you enjoyed our nano so much~ Both Amiralo and I pulled all nighters, writing/drawing/editing like crazy. Especially once it was the 14th. (I can only imagine all the hours other nano participants poured in when they started a few days later and managed to finish by the deadline.) I was in such a shock when I found out only a few days ago, the number of mistakes there still were. Not to mention the Lampir's name being revealed too early. (Went and fixed that, just didn't feel right leaving it in once I knew about it.)

I do plan on expanding on the world in the future, but not quite yet. I have other projects I've already started, and I have yet to decide on how to expand. I also would want to expand it with Amiralo, since it was with her help that everything fell into place. Just wouldn't be the same without her.
But I DO know it will most likely be centered around the MCIP itself instead of blind dates.
And perhaps I could tell you a few things~ Hahaha!
Yessss, join the dar-I MEAN, join the rp siiiiide~
Again, thankies~
ImageImageImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#20 Post by Zelan »

mAN

okay so here's what happened

I ended up with the Lampir first. Good ending, first try. Great job, me! Pukis next. Good ending, first try. Hell yes, I'm loving this.

Then the Mermaid. I LOVED HIM. He was so adorable and such a sweetheart and s o p u r e

BOOM. BAD ENDING. TRIED AGAIN. WORST ENDING. CONFUSION.

LOOKED UP A WALKTHROUGH.
MAN I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD WAIT FOR THE TIMER TO RUN OUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS AN INSTA-DEATH
But finally!!! Good ending! Hooray!

...Epilogue???

ohhhh nooooooo :(((((((((((((

/end scene

As you can tell, this game made me feel a lot of emotions that I was not at all prepared for. You guys did a great job on this NaNo project! I really enjoyed it. I don't usually go for darker games, but I'll come up with the courage for one every once in a while, and this one was fantastic. ^_^

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#21 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Zelan wrote:mAN

okay so here's what happened

I ended up with the Lampir first. Good ending, first try. Great job, me! Pukis next. Good ending, first try. Hell yes, I'm loving this.

Then the Mermaid. I LOVED HIM. He was so adorable and such a sweetheart and s o p u r e

BOOM. BAD ENDING. TRIED AGAIN. WORST ENDING. CONFUSION.

LOOKED UP A WALKTHROUGH.
MAN I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD WAIT FOR THE TIMER TO RUN OUT I THOUGHT THAT WAS AN INSTA-DEATH
But finally!!! Good ending! Hooray!

...Epilogue???

ohhhh nooooooo :(((((((((((((

/end scene

As you can tell, this game made me feel a lot of emotions that I was not at all prepared for. You guys did a great job on this NaNo project! I really enjoyed it. I don't usually go for darker games, but I'll come up with the courage for one every once in a while, and this one was fantastic. ^_^
Ahh yes, choices are pretty easy to point out the right one. =P (I still need to work on making them less obvious in the future, but that just means pure otome lovers will easily avoid the bad ends. XF)

The merman, many love him and his cute patootie.
I have encountered one who almost ended up hating him when trying to figure out his good ending. XD Aaaallll because of the timer.
Glad you enjoyed our nano so much, especially since you came out of your comfort zone! It probably also helps that we have no gory cgs too. =P
ImageImageImageImage

ixWishing
Veteran

#22 Post by ixWishing »

I generally enjoy Amiralo's works, so I'm excited to try this one out! All her works are quite depressing and complex, so I can't wait to see if this is any different lol. I'll have to try it out sometime after Finals though :'(
- Everlasting Dreams ;

anu
Projects: Guardian Spirit Di-visual-novelin, Four Seconds to Your Death
Deviantart: yoshinavanatala
itch: saydame

#23 Post by anu »

Wow, I had never think that I can date some mysthical creature :lol:

In the first attempt, I got Lampir. And from all of the creatures, I love Mermaid Man. He was kinda shy and cute... and I think the duo Pukis were cute and all, but they were also kinda creepy. Especially the bad end :lol:

This was amazing! I love this! :lol:
Hey, hey.
Guess if I am really a silly writer.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#24 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

ixWishing wrote:I generally enjoy Amiralo's works, so I'm excited to try this one out! All her works are quite depressing and complex, so I can't wait to see if this is any different lol. I'll have to try it out sometime after Finals though :'(
I hope you do great on your Finals! (A week late so you probably have your grades by now.)
anu wrote:Wow, I had never think that I can date some mysthical creature :lol:

In the first attempt, I got Lampir. And from all of the creatures, I love Mermaid Man. He was kinda shy and cute... and I think the duo Pukis were cute and all, but they were also kinda creepy. Especially the bad end :lol:

This was amazing! I love this! :lol:
The MCIP is ALWAYS willing to "please"~

The Merman appears to be the #1 fave. =P (Preeeetty sure if there was a poll his votes would soar. lmao)

Glad you enjoyed it!
ImageImageImageImage

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#25 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on this VN. I absolutely ADORED it!
After so long of not playing visual novels, this gave me such a fluffy feeling grand return to the VN world. I've got to admit that I was shook by the whole concept of the game :lol:

My favourite route? Oh, darling oranges, it has got to be the Twins' route (I got them last after eliminating each option in accordance to which answer was portrayed in each route)! As guilty as charged, I have reasons. Not just that, but the protagonist was adorable! AND SUPER RELATABLE.
I can totally understand the thought of looking at things and admiring them but thinking that it doesn't suit my personality huhuhuhuhuhuuuuuu :cry: I would totally want someone like the twins to help push me out of that shell XD
Oh darling oranges, I found myself dying when "Dragon" said that he was imagining that MC and him were a couple with "Cat" as their child :lol: That was so adorable! And to think "Cat" was such a sweetheart during the innocent parts of the route. Scratch that, both of them were sweethearts only during certain parts. However, I feel guilty for not playing the bad/worst/angry endings because of the possibility I might get a "heart attack" from the darkness. And the music. I'm very sensitive to the mood the music portrays XD Like, the sweetness already got my heart pounding, what more can the bitterness/darkness do to me? :lol: And humanity stooping so low as to have reverse-harems/harems? Lmao I wish I had one Hahaha! What are you talking about?
The second route might just be the Mermaid's route. Maybe. :lol: He was the second character after the quiz.
HIS ADORABLENESS WAS SLOWLY EATING ME UP XD Like, THAT FIRST CG AWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Once upon a time, I was playing his route and thinking how the mood was all peaceful and light, until Ms. Heroine began to sing. The moment the Merman appeared I thought that he was of no harm, being the most innocent out of all the creatures. He claimed that humans were HORRIBLE creatures and even women in any race were the most terrifying. Oh, how I would like to label "#protect" to this sweetie pie. Things were going swimmingly until the date ended. At the pier was when the storm arrived. Wew. Two options and I both seemed like I was in a horror movie no duh I'm playing a horror game. Curiosity took over and I wondered how he knew, and BOOM. Music sounded and I was cowering in fear. I was even expecting a pop scare XD
Second try at the fifth choice, and I chose the more cautious approach of turning around, and BOOM. I was planked.
Remembering that there was a possibility of waiting for the time to run out, I waited. Oh, how blessed was I to know that doing nothing was the best thing I had. It was adorable! His route scared me the most because of how many terrifying moments I got XD And, boy looks are deceiving. The most kills? Booooooooy!
The least one, maybe? Lampir? I do adore him, yes. However, it was hard to connect with him XD I may be biased on this because boy they loved to keep pairing me back up with him. Took me several tries to get someone else XD
The moment I laid eyes upon him, I was so tempted to roll my eyes at his extravagance and whatnot. I was even scared as to what the content in the computer was. Thought it would be something that should never be mentioned. However, I do like how the MC seemed to get to him, in some way or another. The first choice I encountered, I was being very indecisive, so I ran out of time and booooy you got me. "What? That can happen? Wew." And yet I didn't incorporate that in any of my choices until I encountered horrible choices to choose from XD His frog outfit was adorable though. And his need to impress as well. However, his bipolar nature seems very hard to handle. I'd say his had quite the comedy.
EPILOGUE! BOY I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON! You immediately transitioned from unicorns and lolitapops (Good endings) to vampires and death. I've got to agree that the concept of the three MCs was smart and fully suits the VN. Although, it did take a while to visualize the events happening (since I like to visualize the story and having a lack of the MCs' appearance had me visualizing a different character). But the epilogue was darn dark. darker than my soul. I wish to know more, and probably even know what'll happen to the successful couples. OH BOY! WHAT IF THE COUPLES FIND OUT AND TEAM UP TO BRING THE ORGANIZATION DOWN!? Especially merman since he seems so possessive over his family! ... Doubt it'll happen because the couples would have their own problems...
Anyways, I loved this game! It was filled with fluffy darkness that I can't comprehend! Congratulations to both you and Amiralo!
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#26 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

Akemi-Takashi wrote:First of all, I'd like to congratulate you on this VN. I absolutely ADORED it!
After so long of not playing visual novels, this gave me such a fluffy feeling grand return to the VN world. I've got to admit that I was shook by the whole concept of the game :lol:

My favourite route? Oh, darling oranges, it has got to be the Twins' route (I got them last after eliminating each option in accordance to which answer was portrayed in each route)! As guilty as charged, I have reasons. Not just that, but the protagonist was adorable! AND SUPER RELATABLE.
I can totally understand the thought of looking at things and admiring them but thinking that it doesn't suit my personality huhuhuhuhuhuuuuuu :cry: I would totally want someone like the twins to help push me out of that shell XD
Oh darling oranges, I found myself dying when "Dragon" said that he was imagining that MC and him were a couple with "Cat" as their child :lol: That was so adorable! And to think "Cat" was such a sweetheart during the innocent parts of the route. Scratch that, both of them were sweethearts only during certain parts. However, I feel guilty for not playing the bad/worst/angry endings because of the possibility I might get a "heart attack" from the darkness. And the music. I'm very sensitive to the mood the music portrays XD Like, the sweetness already got my heart pounding, what more can the bitterness/darkness do to me? :lol: And humanity stooping so low as to have reverse-harems/harems? Lmao I wish I had one Hahaha! What are you talking about?
The second route might just be the Mermaid's route. Maybe. :lol: He was the second character after the quiz.
HIS ADORABLENESS WAS SLOWLY EATING ME UP XD Like, THAT FIRST CG AWWWWWWWWWWWWW
Once upon a time, I was playing his route and thinking how the mood was all peaceful and light, until Ms. Heroine began to sing. The moment the Merman appeared I thought that he was of no harm, being the most innocent out of all the creatures. He claimed that humans were HORRIBLE creatures and even women in any race were the most terrifying. Oh, how I would like to label "#protect" to this sweetie pie. Things were going swimmingly until the date ended. At the pier was when the storm arrived. Wew. Two options and I both seemed like I was in a horror movie no duh I'm playing a horror game. Curiosity took over and I wondered how he knew, and BOOM. Music sounded and I was cowering in fear. I was even expecting a pop scare XD
Second try at the fifth choice, and I chose the more cautious approach of turning around, and BOOM. I was planked.
Remembering that there was a possibility of waiting for the time to run out, I waited. Oh, how blessed was I to know that doing nothing was the best thing I had. It was adorable! His route scared me the most because of how many terrifying moments I got XD And, boy looks are deceiving. The most kills? Booooooooy!
The least one, maybe? Lampir? I do adore him, yes. However, it was hard to connect with him XD I may be biased on this because boy they loved to keep pairing me back up with him. Took me several tries to get someone else XD
The moment I laid eyes upon him, I was so tempted to roll my eyes at his extravagance and whatnot. I was even scared as to what the content in the computer was. Thought it would be something that should never be mentioned. However, I do like how the MC seemed to get to him, in some way or another. The first choice I encountered, I was being very indecisive, so I ran out of time and booooy you got me. "What? That can happen? Wew." And yet I didn't incorporate that in any of my choices until I encountered horrible choices to choose from XD His frog outfit was adorable though. And his need to impress as well. However, his bipolar nature seems very hard to handle. I'd say his had quite the comedy.
EPILOGUE! BOY I WANTED TO KNOW WHAT WAS GOING ON! You immediately transitioned from unicorns and lolitapops (Good endings) to vampires and death. I've got to agree that the concept of the three MCs was smart and fully suits the VN. Although, it did take a while to visualize the events happening (since I like to visualize the story and having a lack of the MCs' appearance had me visualizing a different character). But the epilogue was darn dark. darker than my soul. I wish to know more, and probably even know what'll happen to the successful couples. OH BOY! WHAT IF THE COUPLES FIND OUT AND TEAM UP TO BRING THE ORGANIZATION DOWN!? Especially merman since he seems so possessive over his family! ... Doubt it'll happen because the couples would have their own problems...
Anyways, I loved this game! It was filled with fluffy darkness that I can't comprehend! Congratulations to both you and Amiralo!
Thanks for the congrats, we really appreciate it. =3 And I'm glad that we gave such a "grand return" to visual novels. XF
May there be someone who can push you out of your comfort zone to "follow your heart's desire". (Unless it's illegal then don't lmao.) Want to dress 50s style? DO EET. Learn to play the harp. *whispers* Do eet. (You get the idea hahaha.) It's all right that you didn't get the twins' bad and worst endings. Let the pair remain sweethearts in your mind.
=3
Ahh yes, his first cg still remains my favorite. Amiralo captured it perfectly~ I would hng so many times when I was betareading and looking for errors. Thank goodness for your indecisiveness during the Lampir path, since many believed the timer running out equaled *insert deep voice with echo* death. Shame I didn't make his earlier choices more mixed.
XD
I apologize for that, since if the answers are too mixed, he's the automatic bachelor. Mainly because I wrote his path first, and with how I coded things. And yup, that bipolar nature of his is a pretty big red flag. And pretty much why it's so easy to die with him. Hope he gave you quite a few chuckles though~
Ahh yes the epilogue. I can only repeat what I've said to others, that it's all thanks to Amiralo and her friend who got a first peek that it even exists. The nano originally didn't have an epilogue, it was Amiralo who suggested it. (So give her lots of thanks, because without her, this vn would be far more...lackluster.)
As for what'll happen after the couples got together...it'll take some time, but another visual novel is planned. =3 (Not for a long time though, Amiralo is busy herself, and I have other projects and real life priorities.)

As I've said before, and will continue to say, we're glad that you gave our visual novel a read and enjoyed it!
ImageImageImageImage

YinYue

Re: What's Your Name? [GxB, Romance, Horror, Dark Fantasy, 2017]

#27 Post by YinYue »

Hi! I just downloaded 2.4 and tried running it but an error message pops up stating the .exe is missing? I'm not sure what the problem can be? :(

Edit: Figured out what it was. My antivirus kept on removing the program. Had to turn disable it before opening, otherwise it just deletes the entire file.

Sunlit-Dreamer
Veteran

#28 Post by Sunlit-Dreamer »

YinYue wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:24 pm Hi! I just downloaded 2.4 and tried running it but an error message pops up stating the .exe is missing? I'm not sure what the problem can be? :(

Edit: Figured out what it was. My antivirus kept on removing the program. Had to turn disable it before opening, otherwise it just deletes the entire file.
Yeah, I'm really not sure why. And I know you're not the first who had that problem before for one of my vns. (I also just did a quick search, seems Renpy vns are still getting false flags.)
ImageImageImageImage

Akua
Regular
Completed: Appetité Amor
Projects: A Frigid Space | Lycoris | Demon's Kiss | Night of the Lesbian Vampires
Organization: Demon's Decoy
Tumblr: akuakourin
Deviantart: AkuaKourin
itch: akua-kourin

#29 Post by Akua »

That was certainly... Interesting.

OK, I died a lot in the route of the fourth bachelor but he was so cute.
The test gave me the Lampir at first; my first death, haha... (I accidentally thought he was some sort of glowing vampire (lamp+vampire) ( ³ω³ ))
After I figured out what to say I easily acquired his good ending and the one for the twins. But yes, I still died often in the last route. Only upon seeing the walkthrough I realized my third option and felt so dumb...

I have some high standards for art so it wasn't all too pleasant to my eye. But the dynamic pose changes were interesting. I was still confused by the Chibi CGs but mermaid one was so cute. Also I didn't expect three different MCs - I was confused at first but understood after I completed all of them.

Then the special came up after finishing all routes and I was left bewildered, what a plot twist to make!

SilkSpider

#30 Post by SilkSpider »

Well, I managed to get all the good endings... then the epilogue totally soured them.
The MCIP is a shady, devious organisation with a ton of ulterior motives. The Lampir has been killed multiple women who came to his house, and the MC was meant to be just another meal for him. The Twins are lying desperately trying to hide their past from MC, and the government is planning on staging an accident to kill one of the MC and the merman's children so they can use it for experiments. Seriously, all of that is just horrible and sad, and negates everything "good" about the "good" endings.