Mahou no mori to jinja no Miko [Eroge][Fantasy][BxG][Nano17]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
EscapistHowl
Projects: MamoteMi: Moonlight / Failed quest
Tumblr: EscapistHowl
Deviantart: EscapistHowl

Mahou no mori to jinja no Miko [Eroge][Fantasy][BxG][Nano17]

#1 Post by EscapistHowl »

Mahou no mori to jinja no Miko

Will be a series of short stories set in a fantasy oriental ancient land portraying the everyday life of the Witch of the forest and the Shrine Maiden as it translates.

This first short story: Moonlight, presents the characters from the MC's point of view as he gets to meet the girls.

A little side note: We knew about the Nanoreno event for the first time this year, as soon as it started and we decided to give it a try even if we never tried RenPy before, we learned absolutely everything on the way, so it isn't too much of a surprise that we didn't managed to finish the whole project, (specially on CGs because on script and coding it's pretty much done) but we did reach a milestone that was the first half of it, including 2 bad endings and 1 "true" ending so it is more than enough to be our first time. We are planning on finishing it of course, even if it's not Nanoreno anymore we had so much fun on this project that we will update it as soon as the CGs for part 2 are done. Until then I hope you enjoy this one!

It will feature: A point and click mini-game. Personalized sprites and textboxes. 6-8 CGs. Chibi simple animations. Backgrounds made in SFM. 2 bad ends, 1 good end, and one ??? end.

About the main characters:

Born only one year ago as simple mascots of 2 hentai artists, (we promised each other they wouldn't have nor story, nor names, hence the Miko called Miko and the Witch called Mahou) today they have won enough popularity so they were chosen via poll as the main characters of their story.

Because we always fail at not giving our characters a little life, even if they were intended for lewd purposes, they ended up having their own weird and twisted personalities: (I will update this pictures later with more info)

About us:

Subrineet: Or Subri, for short: 21 y/o | Illustrator in formation | Pro roleplayer(?) | Way into japanese youkais (?) | Website
EscapistHowl: Or Howl, for short: 27 y/o | Graphic designer | Illustrator in formation | Too perfeccionist for her own good (?). | Website
WuShuTiger: 32 y/o | Informatic engineer | Bruce Lee is his hero(?) | The only sane person here (?)

What we all have in common: We are Venezuelan, living together in Chile. We are new to the visual novel community. We have never even remotely touched RenPy before and this is absolutely the first project of this kind we've ever made. We want to make many, many more from now on!

Also our pro friends at:

***Coding***
Miguel Jimenez - https://migueljga.itch.io/
Héctor Vargas - bahamut.eternal@gmail.com
***Script Editing***
CH808 - haloninja808@gmail.com
SilverTongue - JSNordman@hotmail.com
Enunciado Miscelaneo - Dogs110891@gmail.com
RedFred http://redfredsfm.tumblr.com/
***Backgrounds***
RedFred http://redfredsfm.tumblr.com/
***Sound Edition***
-"Vicken Jimenez" - https://soundcloud.com/vicken-jimenez/

Download for PC
PC mirror

Download for Mac
Mac mirror

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: Mahou no mori to jinja no Miko [Eroge][Fantasy][BxG][Nan

#2 Post by Mammon »

Nice story, a bit short but well done for a training VN. Especially impressive that you already did stuff like point-n-click and animation, despite it being your first. I would've liked to be able to pick a purple mushroom as promised in the book for that ending and I did wonder if I missed some path to another route because I never saw the other girl from the main menu, but considering the deadline it's already suprising you managed this much in the set time.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#3 Post by ebi-hime »

This was a pretty well put together VN considering it was your first attempt and you had only a month to do it in. The character designs are really nice o'A'o
It's a shame there wasn't much Miko in this VN (I don't think she appears at all, other than a CG in the beginning?) because her design is my favourite u///u

It was nice there was some interactivity and point and click elements, and it's impressive that the H scenes are animated. There was quite a lot of art in this.

I think maybe it would look better if the GUI was custom, and the textbox for the default narration (not the MC or Mahou speaking) was also edited, so it wasn't the plain black ren'py default, but visually it was an attractive VN!
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

TheUsernameIsTaken

#4 Post by TheUsernameIsTaken »

Oh dang its pretty good. Cheeky pic at the end though. Looking forward to the rest.