Stalker&Yandere [Yandere][Romance?][NaNo17]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Pixelen

Re: Stalker&Yandere [Yandere][Romance?][NaNo17]

#16 Post by Pixelen »

Dark Sentinel wrote:
Pixelen wrote:I immediately got an error on Mac...
Could you tell me exactly what of build packages did you download?
Upd: actually, not waiting for response, just in case, PC build is not meant to be launched on Mac. You need to download separate Mac build... and I guess there's no available Mac in team for testing purposes.
Hello, yes I downloaded the one labelled "Stalker_&_Yandere-1.02-mac.zip (108 MB)", unzipped it and ran the application when I got the error message posted above.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#17 Post by Mammon »

Hm, I had Ren'py rebuild the distribution and re-uploaded it to Itch.io. I don't know if it solves the issue as nothing has been changed but hopefully it was an issue related elsewhere like the .rpy files being installed twice? I honestly have no clue and unfortunately the Mac files are vastly different from the Win ones so I wouldn't even know where to find the scripts in that distribution. I'm sorry for the discomfort.

On another note; Stalker&Yandere has been downloaded over 1250 times already! Hurray! Thank you all for your support and interest.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Karl_C
Veteran

#18 Post by Karl_C »

Mammon wrote:Hm, I had Ren'py rebuild the distribution and re-uploaded it to Itch.io. I don't know if it solves the issue as nothing has been changed but hopefully it was an issue related elsewhere like the .rpy files being installed twice? I honestly have no clue and unfortunately the Mac files are vastly different from the Win ones so I wouldn't even know where to find the scripts in that distribution. I'm sorry for the discomfort.

On another note; Stalker&Yandere has been downloaded over 1250 times already! Hurray! Thank you all for your support and interest.
Same problem with version 1.02-pc under Linux here.

I had to delete define.rpy, options.rpy, screens.rpy, script.rpy, script_a.rpy and script_b.rpy (as this files are already in archive.rpa), then it worked.

Dark Sentinel
Regular
Completed: Five in Frills

#19 Post by Dark Sentinel »

My bad, yes, made a mistake when setting classify options.
1.03 with this issue fixed should be available soon, but as for now as temporary solution you can try deleting the *.rpy (and *.rpyc) files from game folder.
щ (ºДº ) щ

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by Mammon »

Don't listen to Dark, the problem probably lies with Renpy 6.99.12 and me updating to it straight from 6.99.04. Although it is his fault for telling me I should update the Ren'py builder just before building the new distributions but after making the game in the old version, and my fault for listening. I miss the .all files... I reuploaded the game yet again, this time with the .rpy files removed so it should work now.

P.S. If anyone happens to have the Stalker&Yandere_1.0.all file which was made with the good ole 6.99.04, please contact me. Those work for all computers, as .all files always do. I should have never deleted those completely, and will make a 1.02 out of it manually for eveyone to enjoy without these bug issues.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Flowers from Nowhere
Regular
Completed: The Crystal Castle
Projects: My Ninja Life

#21 Post by Flowers from Nowhere »

This game is hilarious! I love it! :lol:

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#22 Post by Harliqueen »

I commented on itch.io, but had to comment here too, because this was just so brilliant! :D Well done for completing this in NaNo!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Mammon »

Flowers from Nowhere wrote:This game is hilarious! I love it! :lol:
:D
Harliqueen wrote:I commented on itch.io, but had to comment here too, because this was just so brilliant! :D Well done for completing this in NaNo! I got the Yandere end first, and I went from totally creeped out to laughing my socks off!
It's so awesome, can't wait to get the other endings now! (Also, I love the MC's jacket, very pretty).
Thank you, and I'm glad the Yandere end's sudden twist amused you.

Thank you all for your kind words, and thank you all again for reaching 2500 downloads together! *Wiped away a little tear.*
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

SheosMan117

#24 Post by SheosMan117 »

Well I just beat this game last night. Got all endings, even in the second story. Though I am curious, is there supposed to be an ultimate end? Where
in the second story, when you go to look at the picture of Sebastian-kun, all I get is the weird text, is there supposed to be anything beyond that?

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Mammon »

SheosMan117 wrote:Well I just beat this game last night. Got all endings, even in the second story. Though I am curious, is there supposed to be an ultimate end? Where
in the second story, when you go to look at the picture of Sebastian-kun, all I get is the weird text, is there supposed to be anything beyond that?
Well done, if the itch.io comments were any indication that's no easy feat even with a walkthrough. There is no ultimate end per se, you get to the second story and then see the story without pink glasses absolute (so the 'true' version of events that kinda link together into one story.). The final ending, after staring at Seb's picture for a while, is essentially the (re-)beginning of the first story. Yandere-chan has to convince herself that she doesn't loath the stalker so that she can be the girl that her Sebastian-senpai desires, which results in the 'pink glasses' that makes her and the player see the events in a much more rose-coloured way that is not portraying Yandere-chan as a house-invader, imposter and general nutjob. If coded correctly, starting a new game after getting that ending should start you at the same point as when you first played the game, effectively closing the loop.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Lovebird

#26 Post by Lovebird »

I reeaallyy liked the characters, the plot and... EVERYTHING!
It's amusing and disturbing at the same time. (I liked how Yandere-chan liked the stalker and had romantic thoughts 😂❤️)
Please make more! :D

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Mammon »

Lovebird wrote:I reeaallyy liked the characters, the plot and... EVERYTHING!
It's amusing and disturbing at the same time. (I liked how Yandere-chan liked the stalker and had romantic thoughts 😂❤️)
Please make more! :D
Thank you for liking it! There's not going to be more of Stalker&Yandere, but if you want more then maybe Pervert&Yandere is something for you. (Link in signature below.) It's a slightly different kind of amusingly disturbing and from the Pervert's point of view, but there's a whole lot more of it.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

SheosMan117

#28 Post by SheosMan117 »

So is this going to become your thing? ______________(insert creepy guy here) & Yandere? Hell, if you want, you could delve into the fantasical. IE, I've wondered what a Yandere might try to do if say, the object of her affections had powers. Also, trust me, getting the "ultimate ending" isn't that hard compared to other VN's. Just take a look at a walkthrough for say, Katawa Shoujo, you'll see what I mean. Also, if it's a loop, it causes the song "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" to play in my head. Anyone who's played Bioshock Infinite knows that song well.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Mammon »

SheosMan117 wrote:So is this going to become your thing? ______________(insert creepy guy here) & Yandere? Hell, if you want, you could delve into the fantasical.
Nope, I'm not going to make any &Yandere games for a while to prevent just that. Not by a lack of inspiration, I do have the outlines for two more stories like this, but I have no intention of limiting my scope to just yandere stories. Going to make at least two completely yandere-free stories before Schizophrenia&Yandere just to not be that guy, don't worry.

About the fantasy yandere, that's actually a topic we discussed during the making of S&Y as a joke topic. Yandere*Yandere*Yandere*Yandere, or Yandere^4, was going to be four yandere with crushes on one another, and the protagonist yandere is a dragon. Such a premise should not be that easy to make into a story as it is, but I'll still won't make it.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Erispeth

#30 Post by Erispeth »

Hi. I wanted to say that I enjoyed this game a lot. It has such a great balance of cute and creepy, exactly the way I like it.
The only question I have is how many endings is in this game? I found 8.
(Yandere, Lonely, Twisted Love, Continuum, True Love, True, True Yandere, Twisted)
Is this it or is there something else?