Lost Before Darkness [Survival][Mystery][NaNo 17]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
chrooke
Projects: Alone in the Dark [NaNo 2017]
Organization: Geekido Studio
Deviantart: chrooke
Github: chrooke
Soundcloud: chris-cooke-11
itch: geekido

Lost Before Darkness [Survival][Mystery][NaNo 17]

#1 Post by chrooke »

Lost Before Darkness
Some secrets are better off buried...
You regain consciousness disoriented in pitch blackness, with a splitting headache. What's going on? How did you get here? In this perilous subterranean world, what will you learn about yourself - if you live long enough?

Geekido Studio's first visual "novel" is really more of a visual short story or visual character sketch. Veteran amateur creative producer Chrooke abuses the visual novel format with parallel storylines that drive the mystery and tension as we learn more than we ever wanted to know about our protagonist.
Available as a free download on itch.io.
I was late to the party, so I slammed this together, almost single-handedly, in a week. What a ride! Shoutout to my last-minute playtesters and beta reader, including the one who discovered my original name, "Alone in the Dark", had already been used for a series of games in the 90's, leading to a last minute name change.

If I could figure out how to change my sig I would (this week was not the time to figure it out!) Please pretend I have that "Honest Critique" button. I've been throwing creative stuff out to the Internet for 13 years - I can take it.
Attachments
itch_cover.png
itch_cover.png (10.15 KiB) Viewed 1644 times