Moonlight Crossing [Nano17] [Kinetic | Fantasy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
AoriRadidjiu
Tumblr: magnificentblue

Moonlight Crossing [Nano17] [Kinetic | Fantasy]

#1 Post by AoriRadidjiu »

→Download HERE on itch.io←

✦ SYNOPSIS ✦
Pleione is a Faerie that lives in the forest with her sisters, but she's always pined for the heavens and the stars above, and she's even managed to start trading letters with a Moon Faerie. When a human spaceship crashes in her forest, she starts wondering that if humans can get to the Moon, why can't she? And so she tries to fix the ship...

✦ FEATURES ✦
✦ 5,500 words, each one crafted individually

✦ 4 beautifully illustrated CGs for your viewing pleasure

✦ One single heartfelt ending

✦ The most groundbreaking OST of the century

✦ 3 moth girls ready to share their feelings in this long-awaited VN

✦ An interesting story about family, friendship, motivation, and anthropomorphic bugs

✦ CREDITS ✦
Direction by Aori Radidjiu (me)

Story/Programming | Aori Radidjiu (tumblr) (twitter)

Writing | Nisubirb (tumblr)
SFX/Music | Fomalhaut (twitter) (bandcamp)
Art/Character Design | teru (tumblr) (twitter)
Backgrounds | nadikusmo (tumblr) (twitter)

✦ SCREENS ✦
Um, so yeah. This is our first visual novel, a lot of time was spent trying to figure out what we were doing and real life ended up getting in the way for a lot of us (IE teru's tablet slowly dying forcing us to cut two characters and scrap several scenes that were written for them) but we have something that makes sense and it looks nice, I hope you all enjoy! We kept the project a ~secret~ until the end. It was also going to have interactive bits like a point and click but since our lead artist had their output limited we couldn't get that done in time, so we just made it a kinetic novel. There's some artifacts of that in that there's afew scenes where Pleione just...picks things up.

But yeah, it's done, you can all discuss it here!

I don't post much on forums in general but I'll answer any questions you might have!
Last edited by AoriRadidjiu on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinqo
Regular
Projects: secret Σ(ノ°▽°)ノ
Tumblr: pinqo
Deviantart: pinqo

Re: Moonlight Crossing [Nano17] [Kinetic | Fantasy]

#2 Post by pinqo »

This is our first visual novel, a lot of time was spent trying to figure out what we were doing
XD ! That is awesome. Congrats on your first game! This looks absolutely splendid. :) Will definitely have to give this a shot soon! <3

Evy
Regular
Projects: Meet Me At Sea, All That Glitters
Organization: Paper Parrot
Tumblr: clysmian
itch: clysmian

#3 Post by Evy »

The art looks FANTASTIC. I love moth girls. I'll give it a spin!

morinoir
Regular
itch: blackpepper

#4 Post by morinoir »

waaaa the character designs are gorgeous! Gonna give this a try right away! <3

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

It looks cute! I think you really did well with the anatomy especially - the extra limbs don't look out-of-place or anything.

Is there no Mac build, though? :(

AoriRadidjiu

#6 Post by AoriRadidjiu »

Zelan wrote:It looks cute! I think you really did well with the anatomy especially - the extra limbs don't look out-of-place or anything.

Is there no Mac build, though? :(
Ah! Sorry about that, I had forgotten to upload one, I just put one up for you!

Edit: Also added links to the artist's tumblrs and twitters, so you can tell them how much you love their art directly!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Zelan »

Oh, awesome awesome awesome!! Thanks so much. ^_^

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#8 Post by ebi-hime »

Oh, the art of this VN is really beautiful o'A'o I especially love the character designs! All the character designs are kind of ero though - they all look like they would be better suited to being in a H VN.
The textbox was also very pretty, and it fit the space theme.
It would be nice if the font was changed so it wasn't the ren'py default (I think it's the default?) because the text spills out of the quick link boxes in the bottom, and I don't think it matches the UI too well.
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

AoriRadidjiu

#9 Post by AoriRadidjiu »

ebi-hime wrote:Oh, the art of this VN is really beautiful o'A'o I especially love the character designs! All the character designs are kind of ero though - they all look like they would be better suited to being in a H VN.
We have uh, made several jokes about making some kind of ero dlc or add-on, only time will tell if they stay jokes.
ebi-hime wrote:It would be nice if the font was changed so it wasn't the ren'py default (I think it's the default?) because the text spills out of the quick link boxes in the bottom, and I don't think it matches the UI too well.
We tried looking at some different fonts for things, but then we started getting nervous about font licensing. Do you know any good fonts that can be used commerically without shelling out a bunch for a license? I guess it's a free game so it might be tenuously 'commercial' but people are giving out money donations so, I get pretty nervous about the thought of getting sued over fonts.

It may just be me overthinking things due to my anxiety...

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Zelan »

AoriRadidjiu wrote:We tried looking at some different fonts for things, but then we started getting nervous about font licensing. Do you know any good fonts that can be used commerically without shelling out a bunch for a license? I guess it's a free game so it might be tenuously 'commercial' but people are giving out money donations so, I get pretty nervous about the thought of getting sued over fonts.

It may just be me overthinking things due to my anxiety...
It does tend to be a good idea to err on the side of caution when it comes to using "noncommercial only" resources. You're right to be concerned about it. c:

Unfortunately, I personally don't know of anywhere to find good free/cheap fonts, but I'm sure there are plenty of resources out there. You could make a post in Creator Discussion about it and you might get more responses.

ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: Asphyxia, Blackberry Honey, The Language of Love, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

#11 Post by ebi-hime »

go here: https://fonts.google.com/
there are lots of free fonts that can be used in commercial projects which are pretty good
I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam and itchio.io if you want to check them out! ☆

AoriRadidjiu

#12 Post by AoriRadidjiu »

ebi-hime wrote:go here: https://fonts.google.com/
there are lots of free fonts that can be used in commercial projects which are pretty good
Thanks, I appreciate that! We're thinking of what all we can do to spruce up the game a little, and we'll be sure to use some of these fonts in the process of that.

Also, apparently someone is doing a Let's Play of this game which is a rather strange thought for me, as someone who's never made a game. Guess I'll have to get used to it.

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#13 Post by Mammon »

Played the game and very much enjoyed it for a first project! The sprites were lovely and the little special touches like the symbolism and such did give the protag a much more beyond-mortal appearance than most supernatural but ordinary-looking characters have. Still not sure why the wine-girl was a demon rather than an angel because she seemed sweet as well (don't think I wouldn't notice the pin :wink: ). The writing was very simplistic and skating past a lot of things to the point where a scene in other stories was just 2-3 lines here, but in this case it worked. The just silly and no-care personalities and the sprite expressions to go with it eleviated the problem enough for me to enjoy it for it's sillyness. Careful, I'm not sure that such writing will fly with a longer or more serious game, but in this case I enjoyed it.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?