Succubi Don't Do Housework [VN, Fantasy, RomCom, FxF][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mabsart
Completed: Making of Conquerors, Succubi Don't Do Housework
Projects: Pike's Reach
Tumblr: mabsart
Deviantart: tacotits
Soundcloud: mabsart
itch: mabsart

Succubi Don't Do Housework [VN, Fantasy, RomCom, FxF][Free]

#1 Post by mabsart »

Download link:
https://mabsart.itch.io/sddhw

Story:
Follow the grumpy programmer Reien, who after years and years of searching, has finally found her lover from her past life. It's too bad that said lover just so happens to be a succubus with no memories of the past though! Help her remember (or don't!) in this short romantic comedy featuring four different endings!

Characters:
Preview:
Content Warnings:
language, sudden screen shaking, sexual situations (up to a PG-13 level)

Music:
The soundtrack all came from the amazing folks making free music over on soundcloud! Listen to all the songs here! https://soundcloud.com/mabsart/sets/sddhw

Features:
  • Domestic Fluff
  • Cute Demons
  • Lots of Bad Jokes
  • 30-45 minutes of gameplay
  • Four Different Endings
About:
Succubi Don't Do Housework is my first visual novel, and was originally intended for NanoReno 2017. I’m still getting the hang of Ren’Py, so I would love any and all feedback you have to offer! Also, if you're interested in seeing more of my stuff, maybe check out my art blog (http://mabsart.tumblr.com/) or consider hitting me up on Patreon! (https://www.patreon.com/mabsart)

Thanks so much for checking out SDDHW!
Last edited by mabsart on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkChibiShadow
Regular
Completed: Tomai (BxB), Disaster Log C (GxG), One-Eyed Lee P.1 (Point-and-click)
Projects: Solanaceae: After All
Tumblr: dcsart
Deviantart: DarkChibiShadow
itch: darkchibishadow

Re: Succubi Don't Do Housework [Fantasy, Romance, Comedy, Fx

#2 Post by DarkChibiShadow »

I played SDDH and I really enjoyed it~! Took a bit to get those last two endings, but they were a lot of fun once I got 'em! Can't wait to see more from ya buddy!

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

Re: Succubi Don't Do Housework [VN, Fantasy, RomCom, FxF][Fr

#3 Post by Mammon »

A really nice game and while I could tell from the multiple poses and many CG that you were primarily an artist I also enjoyed the writing. Particularly liked how you added those three days of fluff just for character bonding in order to prevent Demon's feelings from feeling to hollow. Very good for a first game!
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

mabsart
Completed: Making of Conquerors, Succubi Don't Do Housework
Projects: Pike's Reach
Tumblr: mabsart
Deviantart: tacotits
Soundcloud: mabsart
itch: mabsart

Re: Succubi Don't Do Housework [VN, Fantasy, RomCom, FxF][Fr

#4 Post by mabsart »

Mammon wrote:A really nice game and while I could tell from the multiple poses and many CG that you were primarily an artist I also enjoyed the writing. Particularly liked how you added those three days of fluff just for character bonding in order to prevent Demon's feelings from feeling to hollow. Very good for a first game!
Thanks so much for giving it a chance! I am primarily an artist, but I do write a little here and there, so I've been dying to make a visual novel so I could combine those two passions. That being said, I put a lot more energy into the art than the writing (probably due to time constraints), so I'm looking forward to pushing my writing a lot more with future games.

I feel like the three days are a bit tedious to skip through when you are playing for the different endings, so I want to avoid doing something like that in the future. But I really wanted to show off some of the interactions between the two of them! Character interactions are always what interest me most in visual novels, so I want to have as much of that as possible.

Thanks again for playing, and also for your lovely comment! <3
DarkChibiShadow wrote:I played SDDH and I really enjoyed it~! Took a bit to get those last two endings, but they were a lot of fun once I got 'em! Can't wait to see more from ya buddy!
Thanks so much, DCS! You really inspired me to actually make this game into a reality, so I can't thank you enough.

I wanted to make the choices not lead to obvious endings, since I think that in some VNs there is no challenge when it comes to that sort of thing. However, I probably should have made those choices closer to the end, so that players didn't have to keep going back to the beginning multiple times. I really enjoyed making different endings, but I think I might stick to a more linear story next time, ahaha.