Blossoms Bloom Brightest [Sci-fi][GxG][Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

Blossoms Bloom Brightest [Sci-fi][GxG][Free]

#1 Post by gamerbum »

SYNOPSIS:
Three strangers are thrust into an unexpected situation together—they awaken only to find themselves on a spaceship called the Blossom.

A mysterious journey lies ahead of them; what misadventures will they experience over the next two weeks?
CHARACTERS:

FEATURES:
Two to three hours of gameplay
Two routes
Four endings
Four CGs
Partial voice acting
Available for free on itch.io and Steam!

txqina
Regular

Re: Blossoms Bloom Brightest [Sci-fi][GxG][Free]

#2 Post by txqina »

Thanks for the game.

Kotoha was the obvious route for me, she is a cutie with a very positive mindset. A bit immature, sure, but you would expect over a long-term relationship for her to mature. She also makes the offer to Erica at the end of her route that shows she can think beyond her own immediate pleasures.

I did try the Sara route, honestly just to see how it was possible to win over such a grump. It was interesting, but in the end I confirmed that she was the second best choice both for Erica herself and for the situation of the three of them.

The partial voice acting occasionally had content that didn't really line up with the textual dialogue (and rarely even contradicted it). However I saw that as only a minor hindrance.

Whilst the character's personalities and situation made for an interesting story, I couldn't help but think the planners of this mission did a poor job with preparing or choosing the personnel.

gamerbum
Regular
Projects: Our Lovely Escape, Mizari Loves Company
Organization: Reine Works
Tumblr: reineworks

Re: Blossoms Bloom Brightest [Sci-fi][GxG][Free]

#3 Post by gamerbum »

txqina wrote:Thanks for the game.

Kotoha was the obvious route for me, she is a cutie with a very positive mindset. A bit immature, sure, but you would expect over a long-term relationship for her to mature. She also makes the offer to Erica at the end of her route that shows she can think beyond her own immediate pleasures.

I did try the Sara route, honestly just to see how it was possible to win over such a grump. It was interesting, but in the end I confirmed that she was the second best choice both for Erica herself and for the situation of the three of them.

The partial voice acting occasionally had content that didn't really line up with the textual dialogue (and rarely even contradicted it). However I saw that as only a minor hindrance.

Whilst the character's personalities and situation made for an interesting story, I couldn't help but think the planners of this mission did a poor job with preparing or choosing the personnel.
And thank for you playing it! :)

Yes, I think Kotoha is by far the fan favorite (which is what I expected, of course). She's an adorable little thing who's trying her best to grow while still being true to herself. She was also one of the most fun characters I've ever written.
That's very true. As far as I'm concerned, Erica and Sara are only just barely as compatible as they are, and in any other situation, even this wouldn't be possible.
I've seen that said a few times now. The next time I need to put out an update, I'm going to do another run through and see what I can fix up.
Hahaha, that is so, so true. This exact thing is explored a lot more in the extended version, Galaxy Angels. I don't think I can say too much else about it right now, though. :cry: