This, My Soul [GxB][SciFi][Romance][Drama][Nano17][COMPLETE]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Agashi
Regular
Completed: Celestial Crossing, This My Soul
Projects: Queen's Crown
Organization: Code: Silk
Tumblr: queenscrownvn
itch: agashi

This, My Soul [GxB][SciFi][Romance][Drama][Nano17][COMPLETE]

#1 Post by Agashi »

~ Story ~

When your ship and fellow crew members are destroyed during a routine mission by space debris, you are rescued by the one laborer-class android who happened to be nearby... Now the two of you must spend an entire three-month journey alone with each other aboard the small, maintenance ship that is taking you back to civilization.

Along the way, there is little on board to keep you occupied... save the android himself. He calls himself Silas. And as the situation forces you to get to know one another, you quickly figure out that while he may not have emotions the way WE understand them, he IS a construct designed to learn, adapt, and serve...

~ About ~

This, My Soul is a scifi-romance VN project for Nanoreno 2017. The story will be linear with heavy amounts of choice, similar to my current on-going project, Queen's Crown. The main difference in writing style between the two - aside from the genre - is the fact that this will be written in first-person perspective and the setting will be extremely isolated... (edit: 3/4/2017 - I lied. I'm going back to 2nd person... Sorry guys, I just can't break out of the habit and instead of delivering 1st person with shoddy quality, I'd rather write the way that I'm comfortable with for the sake of timeliness and efficiency. Hope you understand! :oops: )

It will feature:
- Three possible endings: Normal end, Friendship end, and Romance end.
- A protagonist whose name and personality are determined completely by you.
- A romantic interest who will react differently, and evolve as a character differently, depending on how you treat him.
- A 40,000+ word script (roughly 2 hours of gameplay?)
- 3-7 original CGs (final count still to be determined)
- Original sprites, 3D-rendered backgrounds, GUI, and music!

~ Character Concepts ~
The MC can have a personality ranging between stubborn, kind, witty - and anything in-between! - depending on your dialogue choices. She can also explain to Silas what her occupation was, prior to the accident, and this may have some minor effects on the story as it goes on...

Silas - or Living Artificial Synthezoid no. 51, as he's first introduced - is the android who rescues you at the start of the game. As a laborer-class android, he is analytical and pragmatic, pursuing his goals with single-minded focus... In this case, his first and foremost objective is to ensure your continued health and safety. Programmed without the benefit of a social-sensitivity chip, Silas is also somewhat blunt and lacking in empathy. This may make for a few awkward moments along your journey with him, particularly if you find yourself attracted to his eerily-elegant features and inhumanly blue eyes...
~ The Team ~

Writer/Creative Director - Agashi
Programmer/GUI & Logo Artist - Minyan
Sprite Artist - Tarunarei
CG Artist - Svarn
BG Artist - Sal
Composer - Noyemi K
Proofreader - Lunaterra

~ This, My Soul is now officially COMPLETE ~

Download on itch.io page, right HERE! Please let us know what you think!
Current Projects:

Image [GxB][Fantasy][Drama][Romance] Play the demo here!

Image [GxB][Sci Fi][Romance][Drama] Nanoreno '17 winner! Now COMPLETE!

Proud writer of Celestial Crossing! [Fantasy][SoL][High School][BxG] COMPLETE!

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

Re: This, My Soul [GxB][SciFi][Romance][Drama][Nano17][COMPL

#2 Post by NiKaWo »

Looks great, downloading now!

I'll come back with a real review later, after I finish all the ends.

Polly Grimm

#3 Post by Polly Grimm »

Oh, I LOVE this game. Wonderful plot and lovable characters. MC is sooo good, love opportunity to shape her personality (fond of witty and flirty MC!!!). Very good writing, I enjoyed it. Silas and his conflict is so very sweet, I was smiling and almost crying. Art and sprites are good. Kissing scene was HOT. Please continue your hard work, you are amazing! Thank you for this beautiful game. And sorry for my english. Your team is wonderful! ^___^

pyopyon
Veteran
Completed: https://chouette.itch.io/
Projects: Ocean Pearls, Catching the Fox [NaNo16], Singles
Organization: Jellyfish Parade
Tumblr: jelpiparade
Soundcloud: pyopyon
itch: chouette

#4 Post by pyopyon »

oh my gosh I have so many feels like

WORDS and SENTENCES. TOGETHER. I CANNOT.............. DARE TO PROPERLY STRING THEM TOGETHER!!
Oh my gosh when Silas was like, "I have something that's mine" I was like OH HFSKDJK JKFDJSLFJKDLFJDSLKF //strangled gargly noises
Man I feel terrible because I really have NO real good words like dang.

It's funny because I am constantly complaining (to no one) that there are not enough android love interest VNs out there and tbh I was lowkey developing my own but dang this satisfied like every thing I've ever wanted to see in a sci-fi android LI VN. I like especially how complete the story felt since, despite being short in time line, the progression of their relationship felt so natural.
I was honestly really touched when reading it, both in seeing how Silas expressed affection and how Kyndle (if you don't mind me using her default name) could choose to tease him (even while knowing that it'd be completely lost on him XDDD.)

Some of Silas' actions completely surprised me-- where did he get massage oil from?! -- or even when Kyndle changed his mind about barring her from that room and him letting her in-- so I found him especially interesting! Overall, I find Silas a really great character. My stomach absolutely curled when he was like, "Your appearance is also pleasing." I MEAN DANG SILAS COMIN FOR THE HEARTICLE PARTICLES OR WHAT?!
I've already gotten the CGs and endings, but now I'm going through all the possible choices (difficult, but fun! So many choices that I find myself surprised by--)
like when Silas gives you the thing so you can contact your family and you surprise hug him? I chose the let him go to avoid the Awkwards but then when I went back and chose the other things, I was sooo touched. :'^)

Pulling affection from Silas is so satisfying somehow.......
Anyway, I've rambled on long enough!

Thanks for this awesome game and congrats on releasing it!

Oh! And I did find one error, so I'll PM that!
Image ImageImage

WiP: Image

✿ Writer for Trade/Commission ✿

MichelleZB

#5 Post by MichelleZB »

I really liked this game--very romantic! I think I got the romantic ending... it was pretty romantic and there was kissing, so.

I'm finding I really like games where there is only one option and you can explore the relationship slowly and in more depth. Like Aloners!

Kirlett
Regular

#6 Post by Kirlett »

SO GOOD. The romance ending got me so nervous... I was yelling at my screen "please let them be together please Silas don't do anything I wouldn't do" AND THEN THE PROMISE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I have to replay as a flirty mechanic, because my first time was a shy journalist and it was so cute <3 NEW OTP

Harliqueen
Veteran
Completed: Diving in Deep (NaNo15) The Lady's Choice(NaNo16) The Crossroads(NaNo17)
Projects: The Curse of Creek Edge
Organization: Seraphinite
Tumblr: seraphinitegames
Deviantart: SeraphiniteGames
itch: seraphinite

#7 Post by Harliqueen »

Well done on completing this! I've been so excited for it :D Silas was just so awesome- really different to what I expected, which is always a nice surprise. And that kiss scene... talk about racing pulses!

Absolutely brilliant, everything was so well done- the choices, art, story!
Completed: Diving in Deep/The Lady's Choice/The Crossroads
Current WIP: The Curse of Creek Edge (NaNo2020)

KissOfDeath
Regular
Projects: Ikofá (In Development)

#8 Post by KissOfDeath »

Okay:

~Concept - I was really excited to see this because I haven't found many indie games on the forum here dealing with Androids, AI, etc etc that I've loved other than "That Cheap and Sacred Thing". "This, My Soul" DID NOT DISAPPOINT AT ALL <3

~Artwork is stunning - I loved the futuristic and galactic aesthetic y'all created! Normally, those kind of background hurt to look at for me because sometimes they're too bright but your the lighting/shadows were all very balanced, so I really appreciated that!

~Storyline is completely captivating and quite original, I love that the MC is BROWN #RepresentationMatters - it's nice to see a lot more different kinds of people being represented in the indie game scene because when I first started lurking around these forums and playing people's games, many of the characters were traditional anime style otome artwork, or were just white, or almost always heteronormative (speaking on this point in general terms - def not bashing this game for being heteronormative because that's what I'm here for lol) save for the few BxB, GxG VN and KN that popped up every once in awhile. So, thank you for contributing to widening the representation of people who make, play, and experience VNs! Also the development of the story kept me engaged the entire time

~I really like how you can get the same ending with different personalities. I've played through once so far and got the romantic ending as mainly the witty/flirty engineer. And I almost don't want to play through any other way because I don't wanna be mean to or distrust Silas, he's so honest and cute!!!! ^3^

Overall, 12/10 would definitely recommend and this has gotten me interested in your other works as well. Job very well done, thank you for blessing us with this incredible work!
"Build your own pyramids, write your own hieroglyphs." -Kendrick Lamar
-KissOfDeath

Completed:
RE:Set Episode(s) 1 and 2 (Proofreader)
*A Troll's Fairy Tale* http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=20160 (Proofreader)

JBShields
Regular
Projects: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=47586
Organization: First Step Cinematics

#9 Post by JBShields »

@Agashi

I gotta say: your writing is beautiful. Fantastic depth and subtlety--especially for a NANOREMO! I loved your plot paths. I am SOOOO looking forwards to when Queen's Crown comes out. I know it'll be great. Keep up the amazing work. Your character driven stories are wonderfully emotive and the personality choices are a great touch. You got a fan here!

I'm also working on my first full length VN so this sparks my writer's spirit! :D

@ Everyone else who's stuck trying to find the romance ending:
I did miss the romance ending twice--so new players of This My Soul be sure to fight him about going back in the Crypochamber and be sure to later get mad when the issue comes up again (third time? You're about to go inside). Make him promise to stay when you wake up!

anu
Projects: Guardian Spirit Di-visual-novelin, Four Seconds to Your Death
Deviantart: yoshinavanatala
itch: saydame

#10 Post by anu »

I felt like in another world when I played this (because this is the first sci-fi visual novel I've ever played)

The plot. The art. The backsound.
It's perfect! Cool!
I got the ending where... me (yea, the protagonist) never be able to thank Silas. I find this kinda sad. :(
Thanks! This is a fantastic game! I like it!
Hey, hey.
Guess if I am really a silly writer.

Agashi
Regular

#11 Post by Agashi »

OH GOD, you guys... I toooootally didn't subscribe to my own topic. :oops: I'm so sorry that it's taken me this long to respond to the amazing, wonderful, lovely comments here... I honestly forgot to check back here after I posted the complete game, mostly because I started having major problems in the production of my other project almost before Nanoreno even ended. :lol: Anyway, let me respond to some of them now:
Polly Grimm wrote:Oh, I LOVE this game. Wonderful plot and lovable characters. MC is sooo good, love opportunity to shape her personality (fond of witty and flirty MC!!!). Very good writing, I enjoyed it. Silas and his conflict is so very sweet, I was smiling and almost crying. Art and sprites are good. Kissing scene was HOT. Please continue your hard work, you are amazing! Thank you for this beautiful game. And sorry for my english. Your team is wonderful! ^___^
Your English is very good, no worries! I really glad you liked the characters and the story (and the kiss scene :lol: ) enough to leave a review! Thanks so much!
pyopyon wrote:oh my gosh I have so many feels like

WORDS and SENTENCES. TOGETHER. I CANNOT.............. DARE TO PROPERLY STRING THEM TOGETHER!!
Oh my gosh when Silas was like, "I have something that's mine" I was like OH HFSKDJK JKFDJSLFJKDLFJDSLKF //strangled gargly noises
Man I feel terrible because I really have NO real good words like dang.

It's funny because I am constantly complaining (to no one) that there are not enough android love interest VNs out there and tbh I was lowkey developing my own but dang this satisfied like every thing I've ever wanted to see in a sci-fi android LI VN. I like especially how complete the story felt since, despite being short in time line, the progression of their relationship felt so natural.
I was honestly really touched when reading it, both in seeing how Silas expressed affection and how Kyndle (if you don't mind me using her default name) could choose to tease him (even while knowing that it'd be completely lost on him XDDD.)

Some of Silas' actions completely surprised me-- where did he get massage oil from?! -- or even when Kyndle changed his mind about barring her from that room and him letting her in-- so I found him especially interesting! Overall, I find Silas a really great character. My stomach absolutely curled when he was like, "Your appearance is also pleasing." I MEAN DANG SILAS COMIN FOR THE HEARTICLE PARTICLES OR WHAT?!
I've already gotten the CGs and endings, but now I'm going through all the possible choices (difficult, but fun! So many choices that I find myself surprised by--)
like when Silas gives you the thing so you can contact your family and you surprise hug him? I chose the let him go to avoid the Awkwards but then when I went back and chose the other things, I was sooo touched. :'^)

Pulling affection from Silas is so satisfying somehow.......
Anyway, I've rambled on long enough!

Thanks for this awesome game and congrats on releasing it!

Oh! And I did find one error, so I'll PM that!
Reading this comment, I slapped myself on the forehead over not checking this thread when I got your PM. Haha, I might've answered these comments a lot sooner if I had! Thanks again for the bug report and for the supportive gargles. :lol: As an aside, my favorite parts of this review are: Hearticle Particles and the Awkwards (you will never convince me that these are not both proper nouns).

As far as the
massage oil
goes, I imagine he
got it from the same place he got the datapad later on. I don't know which dialogue option you chose, but if you ask him where he learned to massage, he tells you that he learned from observing his former crewmates. :wink: I think it's possible they had some laying around.
... and I'm still waiting to hear more about your own game idea, btw. :twisted: I'm sure there's still plenty of ground left to cover in the arena of android romances. The more, the merrier!
MichelleZB wrote:I really liked this game--very romantic! I think I got the romantic ending... it was pretty romantic and there was kissing, so.

I'm finding I really like games where there is only one option and you can explore the relationship slowly and in more depth. Like Aloners!
I respect Sonnet007 as a writer a lot, so that's really high praise to be compared to Aloners! Thank you!
Kirlett wrote:SO GOOD. The romance ending got me so nervous... I was yelling at my screen "please let them be together please Silas don't do anything I wouldn't do" AND THEN THE PROMISE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
I have to replay as a flirty mechanic, because my first time was a shy journalist and it was so cute <3 NEW OTP
I find myself sort of moved that I've managed to create a relationship that has turned into someone's OTP. :lol: I'm so used to being on the other side of that, hahaha... Thanks so much!
Harliqueen wrote:Well done on completing this! I've been so excited for it :D Silas was just so awesome- really different to what I expected, which is always a nice surprise. And that kiss scene... talk about racing pulses!

Absolutely brilliant, everything was so well done- the choices, art, story!
You know who's awesome? You are! Lol, thanks, as always, for the support! Er, I hope the kiss scene wasn't too much... There was a point when I was afraid it might be getting out of hand, but time was short so I kind of just said, "Screw it. Script that sh*t." :mrgreen:
KissOfDeath wrote:Okay:

~Concept - I was really excited to see this because I haven't found many indie games on the forum here dealing with Androids, AI, etc etc that I've loved other than "That Cheap and Sacred Thing". "This, My Soul" DID NOT DISAPPOINT AT ALL <3

~Artwork is stunning - I loved the futuristic and galactic aesthetic y'all created! Normally, those kind of background hurt to look at for me because sometimes they're too bright but your the lighting/shadows were all very balanced, so I really appreciated that!

~Storyline is completely captivating and quite original, I love that the MC is BROWN #RepresentationMatters - it's nice to see a lot more different kinds of people being represented in the indie game scene because when I first started lurking around these forums and playing people's games, many of the characters were traditional anime style otome artwork, or were just white, or almost always heteronormative (speaking on this point in general terms - def not bashing this game for being heteronormative because that's what I'm here for lol) save for the few BxB, GxG VN and KN that popped up every once in awhile. So, thank you for contributing to widening the representation of people who make, play, and experience VNs! Also the development of the story kept me engaged the entire time

~I really like how you can get the same ending with different personalities. I've played through once so far and got the romantic ending as mainly the witty/flirty engineer. And I almost don't want to play through any other way because I don't wanna be mean to or distrust Silas, he's so honest and cute!!!! ^3^

Overall, 12/10 would definitely recommend and this has gotten me interested in your other works as well. Job very well done, thank you for blessing us with this incredible work!
Ah, that's the second time I've heard "That Cheap and Sacred Thing" mentioned. I really need to add it to my list of games to check out...

I'm really glad that the art and story were to your tastes! Our artists all worked really hard and I think their efforts made this the gorgeous product it turned out to be. :mrgreen:

I'm kind of glad you brought up the MC, because I haven't really gotten a chance to say this: I never really conceived MC to be anything BUT brown, tbh, and while part of it was for representative purposes, it also just made sense[/] narratively. In my mind, by this point in the far-flung future, mankind is so ethnically blended that dark skin is way more common than light.

And in regards to the whole personality thing - it was pretty important to me that players be able to reach the romantic ending as long as they treat Silas well and don't dehumanize him. Regardless of what shape your romance takes, the very fact that MC feels anything romantic for him at ALL is life-changing to him. Silas doesn't care if you're smart, shy, or rough-around-the-edges; he just cares that you CARE.... If that makes sense, lol.

JBShields wrote:@Agashi

I gotta say: your writing is beautiful. Fantastic depth and subtlety--especially for a NANOREMO! I loved your plot paths. I am SOOOO looking forwards to when Queen's Crown comes out. I know it'll be great. Keep up the amazing work. Your character driven stories are wonderfully emotive and the personality choices are a great touch. You got a fan here!

I'm also working on my first full length VN so this sparks my writer's spirit! :D

@ Everyone else who's stuck trying to find the romance ending:

I did miss the romance ending twice--so new players of This My Soul be sure to fight him about going back in the Crypochamber and be sure to later get mad when the issue comes up again (third time? You're about to go inside). Make him promise to stay when you wake up!

:oops: :oops: :oops: You're very sweet...

I definitely wish you luck on your own project and THANK YOU SO MUCH for including the helpful hints for the romance path. I think a lot of people, especially over at itch.io, got stuck the first time they played, haha... Not necessarily a bad thing since I think the romance ending is a little more coherent and easier to understand if you know what happens in the friendship ending, but yeah... This definitely helps, thank you!
anu wrote:I felt like in another world when I played this (because this is the first sci-fi visual novel I've ever played)

The plot. The art. The backsound.
It's perfect! Cool!

I got the ending where... me (yea, the protagonist) never be able to thank Silas. I find this kinda sad. :(

Thanks! This is a fantastic game! I like it!

AH! I think you may have missed the romantic ending! Please check out JBShields post above and read the part covered by spoilers. I'm really flattered you enjoyed the game and it was your first scifi VN, but I don't want you to walk away feeling sad! :lol: Thank you!
Current Projects:

Nori
Deviantart: apple264

#12 Post by Nori »

Wow. Just wow.
This.Visual.Novel.Is.Incredible. End of the story.
Seriously though, congratulations!!! :D This was such a beautiful story! I loved it! Both the writing and the visuals were amazing! From the first moment of the vn I fell in love with the gui, the backgrounds and the character designs of course! They all created such an amazing atmosphere, I actually felt as if I was transported into the outer space! :lol:

Of course I also have to mention how incredible were the two main characters! Silas was such an interesting character! There were also a lot of choices in the game, which was really good because it felt like you could really shape the MC's personality and have an impact regarding the storyline.
I have to admit that the first ending I got was the one that you don't get to thank Silas and i was absolutely heartbroken! I was like "No no no no no! This can't be the end!" Then I replayed the last part of the game and made him promise... needless to say that I was completely satisfied after that!! :lol:
Overall, this was such an interesting and unique game! Keep up the good work! :D

Agashi
Regular

#13 Post by Agashi »

Nori wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:01 am Wow. Just wow.
This.Visual.Novel.Is.Incredible. End of the story.
Seriously though, congratulations!!! :D This was such a beautiful story! I loved it! Both the writing and the visuals were amazing! From the first moment of the vn I fell in love with the gui, the backgrounds and the character designs of course! They all created such an amazing atmosphere, I actually felt as if I was transported into the outer space! :lol:

Of course I also have to mention how incredible were the two main characters! Silas was such an interesting character! There were also a lot of choices in the game, which was really good because it felt like you could really shape the MC's personality and have an impact regarding the storyline.
I have to admit that the first ending I got was the one that you don't get to thank Silas and i was absolutely heartbroken! I was like "No no no no no! This can't be the end!" Then I replayed the last part of the game and made him promise... needless to say that I was completely satisfied after that!! :lol:
Overall, this was such an interesting and unique game! Keep up the good work! :D
Thanks so much for the compliments! We got lucky and had a REALLY great team pull together for this project! It turned out something that I think we're all very proud of, if you'll excuse me for bragging a second... :mrgreen:

Very VERY glad to hear you got the ending you wanted in the end. :lol: Honestly, I think it actually helps to get the friendship ending first, anyway, since I think it
lends some extra gravity to the romance end if you already know how things would have turned out if you didn't make him promise...
Thanks again!
Current Projects:

BleauEye

Re: This, My Soul [GxB][SciFi][Romance][Drama][Nano17][COMPLETE]

#14 Post by BleauEye »

This game was so good! I loved the art, the interactions were great and the writing style was elegant and vivid enough that I felt everything. So great! Especially to be done in a short time period! Loved the relationship that developed! :D

AntoinetteVanessa
Tumblr: -
Deviantart: -
Github: -
Soundcloud: -

Re: This, My Soul [GxB][SciFi][Romance][Drama][Nano17][COMPLETE]

#15 Post by AntoinetteVanessa »

..Y'know, when playing game like this, where you can shape up the prota you are playing, usually I would do it like doing a psychology test : answering it honestly and closely to how I think myself is. So I played it passively 'well u wanna do that? Ok do that, whelp what can i do' 'its up to you' ..and this game, THIS GAME. I feel like it's cracking my shell and renewing me; the plot, the twist, the character, the EVERYTHING is amazing, its not like giving life to this 'empty' prota by dictating whatever her choices to suit the personality you want BUT IT FEELS LIKE IM LIVING IN THE GAME; fight, fight for what you believe in--fight for love!
And this is the most amazing feeling a visual novel can give to its player imo.
Thank you, thank you so much for the brilliant experience you've given me, Agashi.
You've not only made a neat future sci-fi plot, but you've made me a virtual reality visual novel. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: