Blind Men [BxB] [Comedy/Action] [Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
KillerQueen
Regular

Blind Men [BxB] [Comedy/Action] [Commercial]

#1 Post by KillerQueen »

» BLIND MEN'S ITCH.IO PAGE «
» NOW ON STEAM «
» Follow us on twitter «

A parody of spy fiction, Blind Men is a boys' love visual novel that follows a young supervillain as he carries out his first big heist. Play the game as a more or less serious spy story, or fully embrace it as a parody.

As the nephew of a retired supervillain, there's nothing Keegan wants more than become one himself. Unfortunately for him, with no experience and with very little time to get everything done, something is bound to go wrong - and it does, when he gets interrupted by two secret agents with their own agendas.

• Keegan. Our protagonist, he's trying to be taken seriously as a supervillain.
  • Hunter. An American spy, he's casanova that loves thrills and has little concern for the personal space of others.
  • Sergei. A Soviet spy, serious and efficient, he gets the job done through intimidation and brute force.
  • The Henchman. A henchman in charge of helping Keegan with his plan.
  • Sphinx. Keegan's uncle and a retired supervillain.
  • Story that changes depending on player's choices.
  • 11 unique CGs
  • 50,000+ words
  • 2 love interests
  • available for PC, Mac & Linux

Image Image

KillerQueen - Scenerio & Coding
Adryn - Art
Alex Rill - Backgrounds
Potouto - GUI & Additional coding

We'd love to hear what you thought about the game! Either leave a comment here or post your feedback at the game's page.
Last edited by KillerQueen on Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

Re: Blind Men [BxB] [Comedy/Action] [Commercial]

#2 Post by papillon »

I went to your twitter planning to re-share a tweet about the game, but you don't seem to have announced the release there yet?

KillerQueen
Regular

#3 Post by KillerQueen »

papillon wrote:I went to your twitter planning to re-share a tweet about the game, but you don't seem to have announced the release there yet?
You're totally right! It's done now.

KillerQueen
Regular

#4 Post by KillerQueen »

Thank you, lemmasoft! The support from you guys has been great ❤ In game related news, we've added a walkthrough and corrected some naming errors.

KillerQueen
Regular

#5 Post by KillerQueen »

Quick update. Because the game has been received pretty well so far, we've decided to try for a Steam release: Click here to vote!

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#6 Post by parttimestorier »

Hey, I tried to get to your greenlight page from the link on itch.io earlier but the link was broken, so you might want to look into that. I'm glad the ones in this thread are working so I could vote for it! I'm definitely looking forward to being a gay supervillain with an eyepatch when I get around to it, and I hope you get enough greenlight votes both for yourself and because I love to have all my games in my steam library.
ImageImageImage

KillerQueen
Regular

#7 Post by KillerQueen »

parttimestorier wrote:Hey, I tried to get to your greenlight page from the link on itch.io earlier but the link was broken, so you might want to look into that. I'm glad the ones in this thread are working so I could vote for it! I'm definitely looking forward to being a gay supervillain with an eyepatch when I get around to it, and I hope you get enough greenlight votes both for yourself and because I love to have all my games in my steam library.
Thanks for the heads up, it should be fixed now I'm terrible with links haha. Yeah, it's super practical to have all games in one location - in any case, all people who've bought it from itch.io will get a steam key if it gets greenlit.

Ertal77
Veteran
Completed: A Hand in the Darkness, Chasing the Stars, My Burning Heart, Blood and Lust, Lurkers, Jolly Roger, The Remainder, The Manor, Night and Day
Projects: Deep in the Forest and Exes Assault!!
Organization: Ertal Games
Tumblr: ertalgames
itch: ertal-games
Discord: Ertal#0394

#8 Post by Ertal77 »

I hope it gets greenlit! I enjoyed a lot playing this game :)

The idea of a clumsy super villain newbie is fun, and Keegan is cute, especially when Hunter teases him, hahaha!

Anyway, I've replayed it a good number of times, because I wanted to unlock all the CGs, but I'm still short of two, and there is an option in the guide that doesn't appear in my game :?:
At the end of Hunter's route in the diamond option, after the henchman appears, the guide says there will be an additional option where you must choose between "Daniel" and "Francis", but I don't get this option, the action follows straight ahead until I hear the police sirens and the game ends (so, same final as in B).

Should I download the game again, in case is a bug?

I also wanted to ask, related to this, is there any chance of ending with Hunter, not just with the implied promise that you will meet again? I really like him, and since with Sergei you basically always end together, I thought there would be the same chance with Hunter. Also: no kiss scene with Sergei, just a handkiss? :cry:
Do you like BL games? Then join Ertal Games' Discord!

KillerQueen
Regular

#9 Post by KillerQueen »

Ertal77 wrote:I hope it gets greenlit! I enjoyed a lot playing this game :)

The idea of a clumsy super villain newbie is fun, and Keegan is cute, especially when Hunter teases him, hahaha!

Anyway, I've replayed it a good number of times, because I wanted to unlock all the CGs, but I'm still short of two, and there is an option in the guide that doesn't appear in my game :?:
At the end of Hunter's route in the diamond option, after the henchman appears, the guide says there will be an additional option where you must choose between "Daniel" and "Francis", but I don't get this option, the action follows straight ahead until I hear the police sirens and the game ends (so, same final as in B).

Should I download the game again, in case is a bug?

I also wanted to ask, related to this, is there any chance of ending with Hunter, not just with the implied promise that you will meet again? I really like him, and since with Sergei you basically always end together, I thought there would be the same chance with Hunter. Also: no kiss scene with Sergei, just a handkiss? :cry:
The mistake was in the coloring of the guide - the very first two choices were switched with each other. It’s been fixed now.
Sergei doesn’t have a kissing CG, no, just like Hunter doesn’t really get to stay with Keegan. The idea is that Keegan’s relationship with Sergei is more of a slow burn, and would grow from the initial attraction they both feel into something stable. Keegan and Hunter have something more intense because they’re better matched personality-wise, but neither are willing to make a compromise to make it work beyond something superficial.

KillerQueen
Regular

#10 Post by KillerQueen »

We're finally coming to Steam! (Current owners will get steam keys, so feel free to buy it on itch.io until then ❤)

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#11 Post by parttimestorier »

I just finished reading this and really enjoyed it! It's very cute and funny, and the art style is a nice one that I haven't really seen in other VNs. I especially liked Hunter and how flamboyant and ridiculous he was. My favourite ending was the one where
Cyclops only gets into the League because Hunter put him on the most-wanted list.
Do you have any plans for a sequel? I'd love to read more.

Also, you might have a glitch with the steam achievements - I'm missing "Soviet, so fine" even though I've definitely done Sergei's routes. (And I also didn't get "Diamonds are a spy's best friend" even though I think I got that ending, but I could just be wrong about that.)
ImageImageImage

KillerQueen
Regular

#12 Post by KillerQueen »

parttimestorier wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:46 pm I just finished reading this and really enjoyed it! It's very cute and funny, and the art style is a nice one that I haven't really seen in other VNs. I especially liked Hunter and how flamboyant and ridiculous he was. My favourite ending was the one where
Cyclops only gets into the League because Hunter put him on the most-wanted list.
Do you have any plans for a sequel? I'd love to read more.

Also, you might have a glitch with the steam achievements - I'm missing "Soviet, so fine" even though I've definitely done Sergei's routes. (And I also didn't get "Diamonds are a spy's best friend" even though I think I got that ending, but I could just be wrong about that.)
Tbh the achievements are kinda driving me up the wall. They work fine on my end, for some people they work some of the time and for others they don't work at all :/

The game's reception has been pretty good, so I'd definitely be up for a sequel at some point! The most likely scenario is that when the time comes, I'll write an additional route that leads into it - particularly because Blind Men's branches barely overlap right now, and I'd like to have both Sergei and Hunter return.

afternath
Projects: Paeton Kissing Sim
Tumblr: after-nath
Deviantart: afternath

#13 Post by afternath »

I played this when it was initially released! I loved every route and all the characters! Hunter's my favorite, but Sergei is the dreamiest tbh. Are there any plans for a sequel? I'd LOVE to see each path continued!
Remember to drink your cactus juice!