Plain [Romance/  🕝 Time-Travel 🕦 /GxG/FREE]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

Plain [Romance/  🕝 Time-Travel 🕦 /GxG/FREE]

#1 Post by minyan »

Download it here: https://fablesoft.itch.io/plainvn

Due to some serious delays not sure if we can really call this for yuri jam anymore... but it's out now. Please, enjoy!

Story:

Riley is a completely unremarkable woman, if you were to ask her.
A plane ride towards a job that could change her destiny ends in disaster
when there's a critical engine failure during flight. It would be the end
for Riley too, were it not for a remarkable woman who claims to be
from the year 2165.

Yup, it's a time travel story folks.

Characters:

The protagonist. Riley was a sous chef for years, mistreated and underappreciated in the kitchen.
The very day she was going to interview for a position as head chef at a fancy restaurant, she was
in a plane crash and died. Or she would have been if she wasn’t brought to the future. But in this
world, cooking is a dying art, and she's the only one who can revive it. She decides to attempt being
a professional chef again in an attempt to prove she can make a significant contribution to society.
If she can't, however, the consequences could be far more severe than just having to go back to school.

A historian from the year 2165. Her job is to travel back in time and investigate events that happened in
the past without disrupting the future. She's a fun-loving woman who knows what she wants, and isn't
afraid to go after it. Finding Riley has made no significant contributions to society, she decides to bring her
into the future to allow her a second chance after hitting it off on the plane.

The head historian and a very strict, serious woman. She doesn't appreciate Max's nonsense and if the
woman wasn't so good at her job Cecilia would have fired her long ago. She respects confidence and intelligence.
Her outwardly frigid demeanor might make it hard for people to get a read on her, but Cecilia isn't afraid to
speak her mind and make her thoughts known.

Stats:

Word count: 40,000 words
Rating: 16 + for alcohol use and suggestive themes
Price: Free!

Team:
Head writer: Averxy
Second writer: Minyan
Sprite artist: Minyan
BG artist: Ludeshka
CG artist: pinkllama
GUI artist: Minyan
Programmer: BáiYù
Composer: warmsundae
ImageImage

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Plain [Romance/  🕝 Time-Travel 🕦 /GxG/FREE]

#2 Post by Zelan »

YESSSSS HERE WE GO!

(It may be like a billion years before I can actually play it because schoolwork but HEY I'm downloading it now!)

Averxy
Regular
Completed: Heartbaked, Ellaria: Cotton & Cream, Plain
Projects: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Organization: fablesoft.itch.io
Tumblr: FablesoftStudios

#3 Post by Averxy »

Zelan wrote:YESSSSS HERE WE GO!

(It may be like a billion years before I can actually play it because schoolwork but HEY I'm downloading it now!)

Hey, it took us a billion years to finish it. It's only fair!
I hope you enjoy it. c:
WIP: Toil & Trouble, Twisted
Check out Arena Circus, The Pretenders Guild, and Mnemonic Devices by Minyan!

minyan
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Trial By Fire, Heartbaked, Ellaria, Plain, This My Soul, The Pretenders Guild
Projects: Arena Circus
Tumblr: minyanstudios
itch: harlevin

#4 Post by minyan »

Zelan wrote:YESSSSS HERE WE GO!

xD Yes, as Averxy said... no biggie ;u; Thanks for sticking around~
ImageImage

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#5 Post by ludeshka »

IT'S OUT, YA'LL!
I actually worked on this but I never saw the story unfold! So, I'm actually very eager to try this one out. :D

Averxy
Regular

#6 Post by Averxy »

ludeshka wrote:IT'S OUT, YA'LL!
I actually worked on this but I never saw the story unfold! So, I'm actually very eager to try this one out. :D
I hope you enjoy it! Your backgrounds are amazing and made it so much more beautiful.

Averxy
Regular

#7 Post by Averxy »

I haven't really heard from many people that have played through Plain... If you've played it please let us know what you thought! :)

txqina
Regular

#8 Post by txqina »

Hi. I would have played this pretty much as soon as it came out about 2 months ago.

If I recall, I got a successful ending with Max (maybe second try) then found out what happens if you go back and then made a couple of unsuccessful attempts to win Cecilia. It was interesting enough, but after a couple of failed attempts I normally give up on a VN route unless there is a guide.

It was a surprise that in a game that appears to offer two female romance options, my first playthrough finished up as
happily ever after with a boyfriend.
Are there other endings I missed?

Averxy
Regular

#9 Post by Averxy »

txqina wrote:Hi. I would have played this pretty much as soon as it came out about 2 months ago.

If I recall, I got a successful ending with Max (maybe second try) then found out what happens if you go back and then made a couple of unsuccessful attempts to win Cecilia. It was interesting enough, but after a couple of failed attempts I normally give up on a VN route unless there is a guide.

It was a surprise that in a game that appears to offer two female romance options, my first playthrough finished up as
happily ever after with a boyfriend.
Are there other endings I missed?
It is funny that that's the ending you got! It's one of the more difficult ones haha. Thank you so much for the reply :)

Cecelia is difficult
but generally picking the opposites of what you picked for Max would work. Choose the things that would make Riley less insecure basically haha.
We may eventually come out with a guide!! :)

thornbush

Re: Plain [Romance/  Time-Travel /GxG/FREE]

#10 Post by thornbush »

Hey, I posted a review on your itch.io page for Plain, but I figure I might as well post one here too!

I loved this VN. Like, genuinely, it was awesome. The art was really beautiful, and I enjoyed the creative plot and the diverse characters.

There were some typos throughout, but most of the time, the writing was really well-done!

I did end up getting a romantic ending for Max (as well as...so many...bad routes)
but I ended up getting the boyfriend romance when I tried to get with Cecilia, just as txqina wrote. It wasn't disappointing so much as??? Unexpected
I tend to be good at guessing the "right" choice in VNs, so I maybe will try to romance Cecilia again.

I really appreciate the time and effort that went into crafting this game, and I especially love that it's...gay. Seriously, there are too many straight romances here, and that gets real boring, real quick.

Overall, this game was really enjoyable and refreshing! Great job!

Edit: Got Cecilia's romance end. It was so cute, agh!

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: Plain [Romance/  Time-Travel /GxG/FREE]

#11 Post by Zelan »

I never commented on this? What??

But okay guys I played it not long after my first post on the thread and it was s o g o o d. The art was beautiful (I loved the sprite art style and the slightly cuter CGs), the soundtrack was freaking amazing, I mean ahhh especially the song that plays when Max first tells you that your plane isn't going to make it...it was just all around really great and I enjoyed it so much.
I too got the secret boyfriend ending and was really confused because I'd been trying to romance my babe Cecilia. Like others have been saying, it wasn't bad, but it was really unexpected for a YuriJam game.
Only thing is I'm stuck on endings 5-8 and have no idea how to get them. I've already gotten the romance endings for both girls, both of the really bad endings, the one under the spoiler, and I guess a more neutral one that I just don't remember. But the other four...I'm completely stuck on them. Some help would be nice. <: