[Deleted]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Windchimes
Veteran
Projects: Reanimation Scheme, Emberfate: Tempest of Elements
Organization: Wind Chimes Games

[Deleted]

#1 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

Re: AIRIS [GxB/G/N] [Otome | Fantasy | Sci-Fi | Mystery] NaN

#2 Post by NiKaWo »

WOW.

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW.

I've played 2 out of 3 routes, but only have 4 endings, but already I can say that this is one of my favorite otome games ever (topping Red Strings even, which if you've read my responses, you know I really like.)

Now to answer your questions.

1: Yes, yes, absolutely yes! The premise was unique (at first I thought it was weird and honestly felt like you were just trying to being shocking, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense and the more I liked it as I thought about all the clues you left). I also really enjoyed that there were so many choices (though that can also feel a tad frustrating as I struggle to figure out which ones lead to which ending for Lyall, not so much a problem for Kylan's route)

2. Um, I haven't played an Everea route yet, so I can't say for sure, but I think it'll be Kylan (who I keep calling Kydal for some reason).
What can I say? I'm a sucker for redemption arcs and delicious angst. I totally knew he was involved in the plague before it was revealed, but I didn't anticipate exactly how he was and it was really enjoyable to see how it all came together
I also realllllly loved Teddy, like a lot. She reminds me of the teddy bear I had as a kid, both in appearance and in personality (well, the personality I imagined my teddy to have when I played imagination games as a kid). I liked all the other characters, of course
except for the king. And even him I liked because he was a good villain.
but those two were my fave.

3. I meant to go after Lyall first, but I sort of messed up/sort of chose to purse Kylan routes after all because they (Lyall) we're frustrating me by being all secretive. As for who's my favorite? I'm going to say Kylan, I really, really enjoyed his route. (Though I've gotten
3/4 of his endings and only gotten 1 of Lyall's so that could change, but I honestly doubt it. I really liked his path!
4. I got Kylan's 1st ending first
'World's Apart'.
I have since gotten
his second ending 'You are My Home' immediately after, than Lyall's first ending 'New World; New Life', which hurt my soul on account of me loving Kylan so much. Also it felt a little rushed to me, to be honest, but I still liked it. Most recently I have gotten Kylan's secret ending 'Just Deserts' (which by the way, almost killed me. It was so dark and horrible and I loved it.
I still need to get the rest of the endings though.

5. You guys have any hints for endings? I've played Kylan's route several times to change key choices and still can't get his last ending, and I bet I'll need help for most Lyall's too to be honest, since I didn't have nearly as easy/comfortable time playing their route compared to Kylan's
(that is, I couldn't immediately spot what the 'big' choices were in comparison)
Also, I seem to be missing
two of Lyall's CGs even though I swear I've unlocked them, the chibi scene I know I got at the very least, but I'm not sure where it went. I got all of Kylan's no problems, so maybe it's a bug?

Anyway, I loved it! Too bad I binged it so quickly, but I bet I still have at least 1 more full playthrough out of it, but that's my own fault for spending every waking minute outside of work to play it since it came out.

I may give another update after I've gotten the rest of the endings/played Everea's route

Bug report wise: A couple of spelling errors (including a few points where you refer to Lyall has he/him when talking with Teddy at home early on their route), the CG problem I described above, and that Laurence Long doesn't seem to have any developer notes under their name, but that's it!

Anyway, thanks for the amazing game! This is the game that finally made me sign up for Patreon! Sorry I can't donate much (read, like $1 a month, I'm 20 and poor, sorry) but I hope you guys know that I deeply appreciate this game and can't wait to see what else you do.

And I seriously can't believe you did this in (roughly) 30 days. I can barely scrape together 20,000 words for NaNoWriMo, not to mention all the art and stuff. Seriously just a fantastic job and I hope this gets more attention. I'll vote for it on Steam when I'm net logged in.
Last edited by NiKaWo on Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#3 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]
Last edited by Windchimes on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#4 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]

ilyilaice
Regular
Completed: Flights of Fancy, Limbokin, Loveless on Lockdown, Aria at the Funeraria, Pusoy Dos, Jester Under Pressure, Dabbling in Drama, Iridescent Descent, Spirits of Limbo, Serial Killers Anonymous
Organization: Orca Martian Games
Tumblr: hurtinghabits
Deviantart: ilyilaice
itch: ilyilaice
Discord: ilyilaice

#5 Post by ilyilaice »

Hello! I've only just finished one ending (Lyall's first ending), and I do plan to leave a more detailed comment later on, but I just looked through this thread again and saw that you guys were worried about the lack of comments. I can't be too sure, of course, but I'm guessing it's because the game is long and detailed and rich (an utter treat for NaNoReNo!), and people are probably still playing it. XD I've go sooooo many more endings to go, but just letting you know that I thoroughly enjoyed my first playthrough. Lyall is effing adorable. I do like the cool, aloof types, so I couldn't resist this one. <3

Some typos (or other things that jerked me out of the mostly immersive narrative):
- I enjoyed the History feature, as I tend to use and abuse the scrollback feature, which makes me feel a bit guilty sometimes. But I think when a line got too long, the last letter would get cut off a tiny bit. It didn't really bother me though as I could still read the lines just fine.
- The time skip from Aliya blacking out in the first big battle to her failed searches for the vanished Lyall initially confused me. It was a little abrupt. I was expecting her to wake up disoriented after fainting.
- Aliya mentions the king as Lyall’s boss in her narration before Lyall even mentions they're working for the king. Prior to that, Lyall supposedly only mentions that they're working for an important person in the castle (whom I did guess was the king, but Aliya's not supposed to know that yet).
- The word "filter" has such contemporary connotations, which are a bit hard to divorce from the use of the word here.
- "Mother of souls" was a somewhat funny, distracting expression. Of course, there was some explanation later on, but before that point, I always chuckled while reading it.
- Sometimes the word "lets" was used instead of "let's." Like in "lets go" or "lets think this through together."
- The phrase "king's conducts" sounds wrong. I'm not sure if "conduct" has a plural form.
- Like the first commenter, I also noticed the use of "his" referring to Lyall.
- Lyall also refers to Teddy as "it" at some point. They're friends, so it makes more sense to refer to Teddy as "her."
Completed Games: Flights of Fancy (NaNoRenO 2019), Limbokin (NaNoRenO 2020), Loveless on Lockdown (NaNoRenO 2021), Aria at the Funeraria (Otome Jam 2021), Pusoy Dos (Spooktober 2021), Jester Under Pressure (NaNoRenO 2022), Dabbling in Drama (Otome Jam 2022), Iridescent Descent (Spooktober 2022), Spirits of Limbo (NaNoRenO 2023), Serial Killers Anonymous (Spooktober 2023). See them all here.

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#6 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]

NiKaWo
Regular
itch: NiKaWo

#7 Post by NiKaWo »

Updated review!!

1. Did you enjoy the game? Any thoughts/comments? - Yes, still loved it a lot, even more after I finished getting all the ends.

2. Who is your favorite character after playing the game? - I loved them all honestly, at first Kylan had a pretty good lead, and I do still love him a lot, but I think after finishing it Lyall is now my favorite. But it's VERY close.
Kylan's hidden ending is tied for Lyall's exiled ending in terms of my favorite, with Kylan's maybe an inch or so ahead because I just love angst though Everea's 'real' (the true Everea, I think it's called?) is a close second.
Fave non LI is Teddy, though
I did end up liking the King a lot more then I expected to. Guess I just love to hate him.
3. Who did you pursue first, and who is your favorite love interest? - Intended on pursuing Lyall, ended up on Kylan's. As previously mentioned, I had a hard time picking a favorite, it actually switched from route to route (which is unusual, usually my first guess at who my fave will be is absolute, I can count on one hand the number of times my first guess had been wrong). Looking back after playing all the routes now though I'm going to have to go with Lyall now though. I blame my obsession with the childhood friendship romance trope for this
though of course in this game we didn't really hear much about Lyall and A's younger days, and that they weren't even children-children, but young teenagers (I think she said in Kylan's route that she was 13 when it happened?), just that they (Lyall) were part of the party that found her and they've been friends since. Which is apparently enough to ruin me.
4. Which ending did you get first? -
Kylan's 'World's Apart'.
My last ending was Everea's hidden ending
'AI-ris'. Which forced me to get up and wonder around aimlessly for several minutes as I digested my feelings.
5. Any other comments or questions? - Thanks again for this amazing game, I can't wait to see what else you do!
Getting increasingly invested in TMK from the Patreon pictures tbh. And, of course, LiD. I'm dying.

Windchimes
Veteran

[Deleted]

#8 Post by Windchimes »

[Deleted]

Akemi-Takashi
Regular
Deviantart: Akemi-Takashi

#9 Post by Akemi-Takashi »

Uh, I'd like to report an issue ^^"
Aliya's sprite doesn't seem to be fully loading... Like, I only get her body but not the head...
Free to do anything related to English grammar such as proofreading or scripts! ;)

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained." (Proverb)