The Only One Girl { First Quarter } [Voiced][GxB][Free][+Survey]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

The Only One Girl { First Quarter } [Voiced][GxB][Free][+Survey]

#1 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Tofu Sheets Visual presents--
O1G1stQ cover.jpg
Lint Stats;

Code: Select all

The game contains 3,636 dialogue blocks, containing 36,662 words and 197,176
characters, for an average of 10.1 words and 54 characters per block.

The game contains 9 menus, 179 images, and 55 screens.
(Recommended to set your music volume like this before playing; http://sta.sh/01t6ia1ft4b7 )

SYNOPSIS
Sera-Abigail Clementine has just transferred to Riley Parks Academy, a prestigious formerly all-boys school that just went co-ed--and she's the only girl registered!

Completely aware of the anime-esque scenario she's been thrust into, our heroine just knows her time here has the potential to be ripe with various tropes and cliches... like in a visual novel!

With a charming cheeseball always hitting on her, a super shy loner who always sleeps during class, an unamused "hall monitor", and the obligatory foreigner who happens to be British--there's just NO WAY the rest of her high school experience can be anything but some whacky (or generic) slice-of-life comedy, with a dash of melodrama and sorry attempts at "romance".

Or so she assumes, anyway.

CHARACTERS

Sera-Abigail Clementine
CV: Trina Deuhart

Sophomore - Age: 16 - Blood Type B+
"Fate has such a sense of humor, doesn't it? My life has become the plot of a cheesy otome!"

Our ambitious, anime-referencing heroine! She is very hyper and passionate, and enjoys
geeking out over anime, music, games, and movies. While fairly polite and super friendly,
she can be very awkward. Often times, she has a habit of overthinking things,
and truly believes destiny is being funny by making her life like the plot of a visual novel.

Zekariah Han
CV: JB Coleman

Sophomore - Age: 16 - Blood Type O-
"My name's Zekariah Han, but please, call me Zack my lady~"

A rather flirty and charming gentleman, he seeks the affection of the only girl
attending his school (a.k.a Sebby). He's constantly doing his best to find ways
to spend his time with her after classes--he's totally harmless though and is
usually a fun person to hang around. Certainly entertaining with his cheese, especially.

Henry Ackerman
CV: Joseph Hindle

Junior - Age: 16 - Blood Type O+
"You're from our school's sister academy, aren't you? I had a friend who attended there."

An international student from England, Henry is generally nice and very polite. He immediately finds
himself connecting with Sera-Abigail. Usually the keeper of the peace, he does his best to avoid fights
and preventing them from happening, if possible. His reserved and polite nature makes him appear
one-dimensional, though in truth he's just not easy to read.

Emmet Gardner
CV: Andrew Hackley

Sophomore - Age: 15 - Blood Type A-
"I'm not...used to speaking with girls...or just, anyone for that matter..."

Notorious for sleeping in class, yet for some reason he has never failed a test.
He is very quiet and shy, but also very sweet. He seems to enjoy listening to
music, as he is always seen with headphones. Not much is known about him, which
is why Sebby finds him the most interesting person in school. Plus, toothpaste-colored hair.

Tori Kale
CV: Doodled

Senior - Age: 17 - Blood Type A+
"Anything I say is how I truly perceive it, jokesters are nothing more than comedic liars."

Tori always has a serious demeanor and often keeps to himself. He is known to
be brutally honest, and doesn't want to waste his time on things he finds meaningless.
He's also very good at analyzing and assessing situations. After meeting Sebby, he is
hopeful that maybe she can persuade his little sister Marie to become an official student
of the school. Oh, and he likes to randomly appear out of nowhere.

Marie Kale
CV: Katie Parker

Self-Study - Age: 14 - Blood Type A+
"Try all you want, but I am NEVER attending this school!"

Tori's little sister who absolutely refuses to attend the school, no matter how hard
he tries to convince her otherwise. She is homeschooled and has been
roommates with Tori in his dorm since even before the school was co-ed. She only wears
the school uniform so she looks like she belongs there, that is all. Her attitude
can often be sour, but she doesn't actually hate anyone. Our little tsundere~

FEATURES:
- 36,000+ words
- 11 event CGs
- 15 pseudo-endings
- Fully voiced in English!
- Random references
- A playable heroine with a personality!
- Unlockable "Omake" (extras)
- No DRM
- It's free~

(Special Note: The Fanart gallery only has 2 fanarts despite having 3 unlock thumbs, and the reference list is incomplete with only 5 out of about 16 that will be unlocked first chapter--this will be remedied in our final update of this version, and I already have the persistent.data in place so they will already be unlocked to you once it is out for previous players).

DOWNLOAD FOR FREE!

GameJolt page
itch.io page
RPGMaker.net page

**NOTE: You do not need to sign-up in order to download

- Official Walkthrough -
Having a little trouble getting on the route you want or finding all the pseudo-ends? Well, this guide will show you just how to do it!

Poll/Questionaire!
After you've played the game, you can take this optional anon questionaire on Google Docs~ Recommended if you've at least gotten 1 ending per route (most ideal if all)

Fanart Call!
In celebration of reaching 1,000+ downloads and the upcoming final update for the short version { First Quarter }, we are seeking some fanart to display in the game's "Fanart Gallery". Details can be found in the Developer's Notes of the official full version's WiP thread.

A Note From The Developer
Well.... I did it. What was supposed to be last year's NaNoRenO is finally here! Granted, this is still the short version of the game--an "ACT 1" release, if you will, but fully functional and kinda represents what it would have felt like if it actually was released for 2016's jam. I really hope this version will be an excellent taste of what this game will have to offer, we worked so hard on it and look forward to giving you guys more quality voiced VNs in the future! I'd like to thank everyone here who participated and helped make this game a reality, as well as continuing to work with me on it. I'd also like to give a special thanks to my Grandpa, this would've been his birthday today... he always inspired me to do my best, and one motto I carry from him 'till this day is that if you can't find what you want, make it yourself! Therefore, I took it to heart and I don't think there's enough OELVNs with full voice, therefore I'm going to make it happen! I hope you enjoy our silly little game, and look forward to more from us, as well as the game's long version. Also, we will be giving this version one final update later (extending it to end at 3 chapters, rather than the first half of the third) and complete the reference list (I only have 5 refs listed, but the persistent.data for the others are there so it should automatically be unlocked when you download the new version when it comes).

CREDITS

Writing/Script/Direction:
Kokoro Hane

CG Artists:
TheFreePotatoe
fuicchi

Promo Artists:
Dighm Liting
yorutomori

Chibi Artists:
Monstrocker
nuzaru
xragdollqueen
wingzofdarkness

Main Voice Cast:
Trina Deuhart
JB Coleman
Joseph Hindle
Andrew Hackley
Doodled
Katie Parker

Extra Voices:
Magdalena Karmashikova
Zeniey
Connor Ludovice
Kevin Thelwell
Mel Gorsha
Aleks Le
Elissa Park

Music & Sound Effects;
Ben Sound
SENTiVE
Alcaknight
Kevin MacLeod
freesound.org

Backgrounds:
Uncle Mugen
minikle
Pyonkotchi
ThisUsernameIsTaken
morguefile

Other Art:
openclipart.org
mayoriyo
Pixabay
Nyankar
Last edited by Kokoro Hane on Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 13 times in total.
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

juliaa
Regular

Re: The Only One Girl { First Quarter } [Voiced][GxB][Free]

#2 Post by juliaa »

The picture and characters reminds me of WATASHI GA MOTETE DOUSUNDA for some reason. I will check this out.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more

#3 Post by Kokoro Hane »

juliaa wrote:The picture and characters reminds me of WATASHI GA MOTETE DOUSUNDA for some reason. I will check this out.
Haha, never heard of that title to be honest. And awesome, I hope you enjoy!
PROJECTS:
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

Owl City "Galaxies"

juliaa
Regular

#4 Post by juliaa »

I have been playing it and although I am still on chapter 1, I find it really funny. The voice acting is amazing and Sebby is very relate-able. You guys did a very good job.
Lol on Zack being the easy root, it is obvious the writer is a major Otome player. It is true, who of us haven't just chosen "the player" for a sweet easy ride lol.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Kokoro Hane »

juliaa wrote:I have been playing it and although I am still on chapter 1, I find it really funny. The voice acting is amazing and Sebby is very relate-able. You guys did a very good job.
Lol on Zack being the easy root, it is obvious the writer is a major Otome player. It is true, who of us haven't just chosen "the player" for a sweet easy ride lol.
Ahahaha, so glad you are enjoying it! I'm glad you like Sebby and especially the voice work, that makes me so happy! Haha yup, I'm particularly not a fan of Zack's character type (in terms of shipping, he is funny though wahaha) but yeah, it is typical for that type of character to be the easiest route to get on from my observation in otome and even anime so that's why I wrote that xD
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Updated some information. I made a mistake, as there is actually 15 pseudo-endings, not 14. So I updated that, as well as noting that the Fanart Gallery only has 2 fanarts, not 3.
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

RetroLiving

#7 Post by RetroLiving »

pass it's a reversed harmen game

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I would like to thank everyone who has played, we are close to hitting 600 downloads at itch.io! I didn't expect for it to rack up that high so quickly, so thanks again!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just uploaded the game to RPGMaker.net and added it to the download links! Thanks for your support on GameJolt as well, we've been getting some really good ratings there!
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

CathyR
Projects: Sleepwalker
Tumblr: cathythegamewriter
itch: cathyr

#10 Post by CathyR »

Just wanted to say that this game has made me laugh a lot and put me in a really good mood. I love the main character, and I think Emmett is defiantly my favorite guy (I love the awkward types lol). I also can't wait for the longer version!

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Kokoro Hane »

CathyR wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:05 am Just wanted to say that this game has made me laugh a lot and put me in a really good mood. I love the main character, and I think Emmett is defiantly my favorite guy (I love the awkward types lol). I also can't wait for the longer version!
I am really glad you enjoyed it and that it made you laugh! This comment made my day! We do hope you will enjoy the full version when it comes out, and also, this version will be getting one final update with some extension so it'll be a little bit longer~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

kylemercury
Regular

#12 Post by kylemercury »

It's great, enjoying it so far.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Kokoro Hane »

kylemercury wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:48 pm It's great, enjoying it so far.
I'm very glad that you are! Hopefully you continue to ^.^
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

#14 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I have just added the official walkthrough link to the main post!

Also, we are 2 downloads away from reaching 700 on our itch.io page! Thank you so much guys <3
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: The Only One Girl { First Quarter } [Voiced][GxB][Free][+Survey]

#15 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Just added a link to a Google Docs survey you can take anonomously to give your input on how you enjoyed the game! It's my first time making a survey on Google Docs, so this is also a test on how this thing works xD
So if you've played the game and like to give it a shot, we'd appreciate it~
PROJECTS:

Owl City "Galaxies"