The Other Question

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question
Projects: Slumberland

The Other Question

#1 Post by Donmai » Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:53 am

screenshot0001.jpg
I started this little project as a mere exercise, and to test some techniques, but I liked some things in it so much that I decided to make it public. I will be very grateful for any feedback.
screenshot0002.jpg
The simple story is something like "Toire No Hanako meets The Question". Yes, the story builds over "The Question" with a cast composed of haunted teenagers like those from "Toire No Hanako", and with more than one question to be asked (hence "The Other Question").
screenshot0003.jpg
Warning: Contains coarse language (and some terrible jokes :) ). Don't read it if you are easily offended.
screenshot0007.jpg
Mac version:
The_Other_Question-1.0-mac.zip
(45 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Linux and Windows version:
The_Other_Question-1.0-pc.zip
(59.71 MiB) Downloaded 53 times
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Godline
Veteran
Completed: Wanted: Dragon, Kaitlyn in Chinaland, The Encounter, Paranormal Teens
Projects: The Sibling Experiment
Tumblr: godlinegames
Deviantart: godline-games
itch: godline

Re: The Other Question

#2 Post by Godline » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 pm

I am a fan of everything you do Donmai. And you just made "The Question" 200x better.
<3

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question

#3 Post by Donmai » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

Oops! Not really my intention. I only wanted to pay homage to a game we all know.
I think "The Question" is a lovely game, and it's perfect for the purpose for which it was created. And the way that game was created reminds us of a time when this community was smaller, and collaborative projects could be done smoothly.
Rats! Why wasn't I here at that time?

The making of "The Question": viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1491

Mammon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pervert&Yandere, Stalker&Yandere
Projects: Roses Of The Thorn Prince

#4 Post by Mammon » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:06 pm

A lovely game, I always like how yours are nothing but CG rather than sprites, a very refreshing change of pace from most visual novels. The protagonist was a delightful combination of Genki, a hint of Yandere and a lot of terribly dry humour. Quite a nice story and nice that the bad ending also led to some degree of progress and closure of it's own, even if it's not as perfect.
ImageImageImage

Want some CC sprites?

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Donmai » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Thank you so much for your comment :).
(I hope someone notices that when Eric is commenting about Sylvie's game he's borrowing some words from people who took some of their time to criticize my games, helping me to improve my work. I just can't thank them enough.)