SECOND CHANCE [GxB] - full free version is now out!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
bluebirdplays
Regular
Projects: A Flamingo Tale, Eyas
Tumblr: bluebirdplays

Re: SECOND CHANCE [GxB] - full free version is now out!

#16 Post by bluebirdplays »

Finally finished the game, here's my review of it :D Was definitely a fan of Casimir on my first playthrough but after I obtained the good ending with Arantis, I had a new favorite! All of the characters were awesome though!

It was really fun, I can't wait to see more games developed by you!

http://evntide.com/second-chance/

Aurora22
itch: aurora22

#17 Post by Aurora22 »

Wow, thanks a lot for your insightful and yet spoiler-free review! All those who consider playing "Second Chance" should definitely read it first!

Having such a professional review makes me feel like I'm some real developer and my game is more than a home-made low-budget project :) Thank you again for that - you made me very happy by appreciating my work. :)

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#18 Post by Kokoro Hane »

After seeing all the positivity, I'm now enticed to give this a shot. I've seen this around and have been tempted to try it, but kept putting it off. Well, I think I will put it off no longer and download it over the weekend. It looks promising and interesting, especially the idea of having TONS of choices... I think scripting that would have driven me mad, so I gotta see how you pulled it off xD
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Amberbaum
Regular

#19 Post by Amberbaum »

Wheee, I remember playing the demo and now I finally got the chance to play the full version. That was quiet the interesting ride I must say. I wasn't expecting that many plot twist and how well the MC's choices influenced the story or her character.
Like the game checking both her and Xander's character, if we choose to destroy the crystal. That was really nice. It's just too bad that I couldn't save Victor :( I don't even know if that is possible.
Aaaaanyway, it was really enjoyable. *crosses fingers for you to continue making VNs...maybe even coming back years later to remaster it*
ludeshka wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:59 am OMG, that was embarrasing. I fixed the original post.
"Jasper" is from 7 Kingdoms, the Princess Problem and he is also a treasure, but I here I did mean Xander.
I'm an old woman indeed for making these mistakes.
Your game was very enjoyable, really.
Yep, both characters are a treasure. Like, totally.
Decadenttia wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm ........but when the last guy appeared (dont wanna spoiler anyone) he really turned upside down my first resolution XD........
It's the hair. (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) It must be.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#20 Post by Kokoro Hane »

I've just started to give your game a shot, and I must say I am enjoying it so far. Some of the grammar errors are a bit distracting, but the story is just too good for me to pay too much attention to it as a hinderance. I'm curious how this will go! I've only met 3 of the guys so far, but as of now, I really like Osario!
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

Markk786

#21 Post by Markk786 »

Last edited by Markk786 on Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

vipsky

#22 Post by vipsky »

I really enjoyed this game. You have a gift for story telling, I was invested in the story from the start. Somebody else must have already said this but I love how I got the chance to interact with all the boys no matter who's path I chose. xD I've played a lot of VNs with all the special features like CGs and custom sets and blinking sprites etc. but this game has better plot development than most of those games. It's been a while since I've played such a nice game! Your way of developing the plot was refreshing. You did an amazing job!!
My first play through got me ending 6. Man my heart hurt after that ending. I found your guide after that because I wanted to get Xander's good ending!
I think more than saving the world/ defeating Altrane/Valedron I was more invested in the romance (xD) I was sort of expecting Valedron to be the guy who tried to kill Lysandra so it wasn't a surprise. I really loved all the characters. At first they seemed like all the typical heroes and heroine but their character development was multi dimensional so it was a lot of fun to play the game. I gotta say tho I loved Xander best (hehehehehe). At the beginning of the game I thought Casimir would be my favourite. I really wish we had flashbacks of Lysandra and Xander's relationship. The character sprites were great but I kind of missed CGs especially at key plot developments and the endings. And yeah I really hope you would show more of Lysandra and Xander's relationship before she disappeared. If you ever decide to remake the game with CGs I'd be really happy <3 Finally if I've made spelling mistakes in the character's names please don't mind cuz it's 3 AM and I need to sleep xD
This game was great and I'm really looking forward to your next releases! :)

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

#23 Post by skyeworks »

I love this story, I just finished 3 of the good endings. :D I love the art and I am torn from Arantis and Xander. The world building was amazing, and I got sucked in the story! I love how you had so many options to determine your dialog. I do like that you still interact with everyone despite being on a "path" ! The art is also amazing too!

Jessicutie
Tumblr: jessicutie
Deviantart: Jessicutie

Re: SECOND CHANCE

#24 Post by Jessicutie »

I didn't expect this game to be so long and the story so deep, it was definitely a pleasant surprise and worth playing all night!
I was aiming to friendzone everyone at first but then Xander appeared and ruined my plans. XD
There are many spelling and grammar mistakes, but they're easy to fix and the strength of the overall story compensates it.
I've become invested in the characters now, if there's more art of them I'd love to see them!

SilkSpider

#25 Post by SilkSpider »

I have to say very bluntly, that the spelling and grammar is absolutely dreadful in many parts. It's immediately and very painfully obvious that English isn't the author's first language. Having someone else polish the text would be a huge improvement in that regard.

However, that's really the only negative thing I have to say about this game - everything else was absolutely fantastic. A good selection of love interests who are different and yet endearing in their own ways, an excellent story with a number of unexpected twists, a pleasant soundtrack, and very nice original artwork. It is also much longer than I would have expected, which is awesome. This is a good VN that I really enjoyed.

Aquane
Veteran

#26 Post by Aquane »

Wow, so.. I haven't logged on in forever, but I felt the need to in order to leave something here about your game. It's FANTASTIC. I haven't even finished one route yet, and I'm blown away. It really reminds me of my early days of playing VNs.. That magical feeling of discovering something new and easy to get invested with. I love how complex the story is, I love the characters and your art style. The flaws are so minor that I don't even really want to talk about them, because dang.. I almost stayed up too late last night playing it.

Anyway, I really hope that you decide to make more games. This has been one of my favorites so far.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by philip »

@aurora22-

Downloaded and played through on my mac . . . it's a loooong game, with many, many choices. It was very enjoyable, and I will no doubt be revisiting it, as I have only gotten one ending (a Bad one). Previous posters have pointed out the various plusses and minuses regarding the game, so I won't repeat them here, other than to say that the art was attractive, and the story interesting. You've done a very good job!

philip
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"