Songs of Araiah

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

Re: Songs of Araiah

#46 Post by Enerccio »

teankun wrote:pretty good

Hey I have a few tagent questions
Is Melissa a virgin?

I am not sure of the details, but I understand that when a woman first experiences penetraion, some kind of membrane is broken. So if she is a virgin, would that membrane be broken (and then regenerate) every time she engages in intercourse? Remonds me of some kind of like some surgery I heard about that restores the membrane giving the illusion of restored virginity.

Also, I recall Mellissa said that as immortal she could not get pregant. But, could immortal Jason still dischrge sperm to impreginate someone? Also, could Melessa temporay go mortal to get pregant then go back to be immortal? What if she went immortal while pregant? Would gestation continue till birth, she would be pernamently pregant at the point of getation, or woulkd she effectivly miscarry?
lol to co mas za otazky? :D
no nic, snad ti bude musiet stacit moja odpoved.

V podstate je panna a statit panenstvo nemoze pokial nevykroci aspon krok z domu, kedy sa prerusuje kuzlo a ona je smrtelna znova (dokial sa to kuzlo znova nezakasti).
Co sa tyka Jasona, ten sex mat moze a spermie bude mat, a i dokazu oplodnit, len nie Melissu, pokial je ona nesmrtelna.

Pokial by si zakastila kuzlo nesmrtelnosti pokial je tehotna, holt smola, plod by ostal v tom stadiu aky je (ale nic by sa mu nestalo). V pripade zeby znova zrusila nesmrtelnost (kuzlo je viazane na nejaky zdroj, ked k nemu nie je pristup tak sa kuzlo rusi, cize pokial je zdroj ona sama tak sa uz neda nesmrtelnost zrusit, pokial je vsak zdroj dom, tak staci sa od neho vzdialit) tehotenstvo by normalne pokracovalo.

To je samozrejme moja verzia, Drakey moze mat nato iny nazor (holt, tak to byva ked je colab lol)

Snad som z podpisu odhadol ze toto budes vediet precitat.

Lol, I think that answer this.
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#47 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

*ahem* non-slavic people can understand ? :wink:

IN ARDUIS INTREPIDA

Saluti,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#48 Post by DrakeNavarone »

I'm actually not in the least surprised this came up... It's actually one of the bigger questions I thought on for a while myself when considering her immortality, back when I still had delusions of sequels featuring all the crap everyone's asking for: epic battles against Hanasia, lovey dovey mushy crud, and even Melissa and Jason's daughter... but yeah, none of that is ever gonna happen so these questions aren't even relevant... so my first and overall answer would be "Don't sweat the details..." but this did generate a bit of interesting discussion yesterday, so I figure I'd share what I shared earlier at least...

--- Is Melissa a virgin?

Technically yes ( man, I shoulda pitched this story to Judd Apatow... ), in this incarnation of the plot. Back when I had sequel aspirations, there was at one time the idea that she wasn't ( and would've happened before her own immortality ), and her former love would've turned out to be the very magician that grants Hanasia his immortality, but it felt so... meh... and was quickly removed. Then the entire idea of a sequel was removed. And then the original story was too, but I was convinced to give it a second chance, so at least that saw completion.

--- So if she is a virgin, would that membrane be broken (and then regenerate) every time she engages in intercourse?

This would also be a yes. But before anyone gets any tragic ideas about how much her love might hurt her, she does still have an entire compendium of magical... magic... so I'm sure she knows something that'd cut away any pain, plus perhaps something even for the clean up...

--- But, could immortal Jason still dischrge sperm to impreginate someone?

This is one I have no answer to, as I hadn't thought of it at all... Jason's an honest kid, and he'd never cheat on the girl that could kill him a thousand times over, so really... I can't imagine how it would ever come into play. Whatever answer you can come up with will do just fine.

-- Also, could Melessa temporay go mortal to get pregant then go back to be immortal? What if she went immortal while pregant? Would gestation continue till birth, she would be pernamently pregant at the point of getation, or woulkd she effectivly miscarry?

The way I imagine it, if she were pregnant and then became immortal again, her current state of pregnancy would freeze much like the rest of her, so if she stayed immortal, she would effectively be "permanently" pregnant. It really shouldn't affect the baby developmentally, as her immortality acts much like a pause button, so it would resume normally if she became mortal again. So beyond having the potential to be the longest pregnancy in history, I don't imagine things would be much different otherwise.

That's how I imagined everything going anyway, but don't take me at my word just because I'm one of the authors. Having so many details means more of them to trip over, so I might've even written myself into an inescapable corner and haven't realized it. I don't really have much a heart for discussing magic mechanics anymore though, but don't let that stop discussion either. I guess whatever's canon is canon and what isn't is up for whatever interpretation you can come up with. I probably won't be chiming in on it anymore though... I really only bothered responding thanks to all the egging on.

Also, don't listen to a thing Enerccio says... he's delusional...
Samu-kun wrote:*waits in eager anticipation on how drakey's ever going to touch that last post* :D
My answer seems rather boring, actually, but I personally would've loved to have deferred this one to Kikered if I were able.
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

teankun
Regular

#49 Post by teankun »

Actually, I don't know Slovak. I just used google to translate my signature.

Thanks for the info DrakeNavarone that answwers a lot, but it still leaves a few questions

Could Melsissa take a break from being immortal to have a kid?
How much trouble would that be?
Would Jason have to be mortal to impregatre her?

And as if the questions weren't embarrassing enough:

If she went back to immoratlity before the child was weaned, would she have perpertual lactation? :P
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#50 Post by Freelancer »

Uh maybe I'm just being retarded here but
I'm pretty sure I played through the whole thing and I encountered no Choices (Which made me assume it was a kenetic novel which is fine) but after it brought me back to the main menu I went to the gallery and still had most of it locked. not only that but some of the scenes that people are describing (The end) I don't remember and I played through it like 3 days ago (From the time I posted this) and I know my memory isn't that bad The last scene I remember is right after they kiss on the balcony and declare their love. Then he's in bed. she yells at him to wake up and make breakfast, He makes some kind of comment about "Still?" or something like that.
Was I not paying attention or did I skip a part or something? Aside from that this was a great job you did. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it's twists.
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

draringi
Regular
Projects: "Project Shi" (working title); "Project JanFeb" (working title:LSFCCVNG entry)

#51 Post by draringi »

A great KN, loved it much. though I felt the Story came to a sudden end, and would like more :(
Loved the Type-moon reference near the start, and also the book by Tom Py. Couldn't help but laugh at those points
Current Project: Wolfram Shadow Devlog
Personal Blog
Current Projects:
"Project Shi" (working title)
"Project JanFeb" due completion date: 28th Feb, 2010

DJ Plus Geek

#52 Post by DJ Plus Geek »

I will be writing an excellent review for this. Good job on the graphics.

Strum
Veteran

#53 Post by Strum »

Here's my review even if its a bit late:

Graphics: Firstly, let I'd like to make clear that I'm quite a shallow person when it comes to choosing games (I like games with pretty graphics) The fact that I even downloaded your's is a testiment to your game's quality. Your characters are well drawn and I'm glad you didn't decide to take the easy way out when it comes to backgrounds (easy way out as in just use photos)

Music: Even if the music is taken from other sources (according to other reviewers) they all fit perfectly into your game. So well done on selecting the right music to use in your game.

Story: Its well written, and at times quite funny. Plus it was entertaining, meaning I didn't get bored after a few minutes.

Despite being a good game I have to agree on everyone who posted before me in saying it disappointing to see the plain renpy menus unedited. If you set your button backgrounds to the image used by the characters name box the title screen would've looked so much better.

Overall the quality is good. I trust any future games made by you and your team will be equally if not better than this one. Good work, and keep it up. I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Ayato Vu
Regular

#54 Post by Ayato Vu »

This was a well worth read! I must say, I feel ashamed I left the story on my desktop for the months that I did!

Well, for my review, I felt the story went into deep detail of the world surrounding the characters. Painting illustrations of what our world might become after constant, and unrelenting abuse and use of technology. I found this to be, intriguing, and wondering if Araiah will be made into a short series? I would not go against that idea, if you guys are willing to put time into it!

The characters were typical, but it doesn't take away from their personalities. Denz was, as typical characters go, a great foil for Jason. His decisions and actions added to the character of Jason. I must say, however, Jason was painted as the typical protagonist. This wasn't something I favored too much, but was that your goal? He seemed more like someone the reader could attempt to relate to while reading the story, and pull the character deeper into the world of Araiah. Marrissa is on par with Jason, but not as bad. Her backsotry, and so such developed her to the extent I ended up enjoying her more so. She was a "realistic tsundere," in my opinion. (One very likable I must say.)

But I would like to divulge a bit into her relationship with Jason;
Is she accepting Jason for the fact her is the only interaction she will most likely ever have?
I saw how Jason fell for her, but with her, it seems she opened up to him, because of her age, and restriction of her life. Well, this could be a positive in the story, it allows the reader to make their own opinions.

The graphics, and music in the story is perfect together. Gentle, and slow paced, it works best when at the end they stated how much time has actually passed, compared to the time they felt passed.

To be put simply, the game closed one chapter, and left many more opened. How will the protagonists live on, and will they take on the injustice of their world?

Congratulations!

Softdrink9876
Projects: (Getting started on somthing. when i get somthing done, will put it here.)

#55 Post by Softdrink9876 »

Sequel! Sequel!...(that is all)

Esphirisa
Regular

#56 Post by Esphirisa »

Well, in terms of graphics, it's a definite thumbs up. Like mentioned by someone, kudos for not using photos! It's very refreshing to read a VN with drawn backgrounds for once. The story itself is simple, but the concept of the world, the happenings in it... is very detailed and developed. That's why, I also opt for a sequel. I mean, you have the basic storyline there already!
Ah well, all in all, it was entertaining, and I loved the twist whereby
it turns out she couldn't perform magic after all.
It was quite unexpected, but after thinking it true, it made a lot of sense. Good work.

Kanari
Regular

#57 Post by Kanari »

Whenever I try to download this game, there's an error message thingy.
I've tried at least three times, with the same results.
I REALLY wanna play this game, can someone please help me? ; A ;

teankun
Regular

#58 Post by teankun »

another request for a sequel, maybe with answers to the dumb questions I gave
Looking for single, adult, Asian, female Latter-Day Saint

Anime convention videos at Youtube channel

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#59 Post by sake-bento »

Kanari wrote:Whenever I try to download this game, there's an error message thingy.
I've tried at least three times, with the same results.
I REALLY wanna play this game, can someone please help me? ; A ;
http://www.bishojo.tk/gameshow.php?id=31

cosmo
Regular
Projects: | ZUKUNFT | Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play (WIP version 0.1) |

#60 Post by cosmo »

There seems to be a remake of this game: http://www.bishojo.tk/

Any more informations about this?
(Or are they in another thread here on the forum maybe?)
Project: Wayang Kulit - A Shadow Play
Status: First demo version "Proof of Concept" of my first project is out.