LAST CALL • [Drama] [Short] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)
Projects: Through the Panels
Organization: STARDUST★SODA
itch: stardust-soda

LAST CALL • [Drama] [Short] [Free]

#1 Post by PeroxidePrince »

Down on her luck after being dropped by her agency, Dawn finds herself being shaken awake at a bar back in her hometown.

"Should I call someone to come pick you up?"

There are only two people's phone numbers she knows off by heart, and she suspects that neither of them are particularly eager to speak to her at the moment.

Last Call is a visual novel about repairing broken relationships, and letting go of regrets.
Guide Dawn, and try to help her reconcile with the people most important to her -- or have them walk out of her life permanently.

OVERVIEW

3 routes
9+ endings
~10 minutes playtime

CHARACTERS

SCREENSHOTS

Image Image

TEAM

PeroxidePrince • Art, Writing, Programming • Twitter
SweetStrawberry • Writing • Twitter

⋙ DOWNLOAD THE GAME ⋘

potouto
Veteran
Projects: (งツ)ว
Organization: MOONBBIT☆

Re: LAST CALL • [Drama] [Short] [Free]

#2 Post by potouto »

Ooh, you finished this! I'm so excited <3 I will check it out now!

yeah well | commission | website

PeroxidePrince
Regular
Completed: Cooked with Love, so obscure;, LAST CALL, Reflections on the River, PANGS (you are hungry.)

#3 Post by PeroxidePrince »

potouto wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:17 pm Ooh, you finished this! I'm so excited <3 I will check it out now!
Thank you! Hope you enjoy it ★

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#4 Post by King-sama »

I want the other endings with the bartender! D8

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#5 Post by PeroxidePrince »

King-sama wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 pm I want the other endings with the bartender! D8
Sorry for the slightly late reply, but are you having trouble with a specific ending, or just getting the third route again? If it's the latter, you'll be able to select their route again once you've done another playthrough of Rina and Ace's routes!

King-sama
Veteran
Deviantart: Treepastry

#6 Post by King-sama »

PeroxidePrince wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:36 am
King-sama wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 pm I want the other endings with the bartender! D8
Sorry for the slightly late reply, but are you having trouble with a specific ending, or just getting the third route again? If it's the latter, you'll be able to select their route again once you've done another playthrough of Rina and Ace's routes!
I finished thier endings but I only get to play the bartender's ending once Dx lol

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#7 Post by PeroxidePrince »

King-sama wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:46 pmI finished thier endings but I only get to play the bartender's ending once Dx lol
Oh, that's weird, unless you did all their endings in one go? The bartender route should be playable after each time you complete Rina and Ace's routes once, and once you play through it, it will become unselectable again until the next time you've played through Rina/Ace's routes.

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#8 Post by parttimestorier »

I really enjoyed this! The art style is cool and unique and the characters and dialogue are realistic and interesting. It was a little frustrating trying to figure out how to get the different bartender endings, but I do appreciate that you played around with the route structure.
Making choices as the bartender instead of as Dawn in that part was really cool too. And were the bartender's lines about Dawn having been there a while, and about lost people finding their way there and all that, kind of a meta hint? Because I love the idea that the bartender might be kind of a supernatural being who's seen every iteration of the conversations Dawn could have in his magic bar.
ImageImageImage

PeroxidePrince
Regular

#9 Post by PeroxidePrince »

parttimestorier wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:23 pm I really enjoyed this! The art style is cool and unique and the characters and dialogue are realistic and interesting. It was a little frustrating trying to figure out how to get the different bartender endings, but I do appreciate that you played around with the route structure.
Making choices as the bartender instead of as Dawn in that part was really cool too. And were the bartender's lines about Dawn having been there a while, and about lost people finding their way there and all that, kind of a meta hint? Because I love the idea that the bartender might be kind of a supernatural being who's seen every iteration of the conversations Dawn could have in his magic bar.
Thanks for playing, and for sharing your thoughts! Yeah, we wanted to play around with how the flow of the story was structured in this game, but I agree that there are some problems with it, haha.
The bartender was intentionally written in a way that you could see them as just an average person, or a supernatural being, so it's up to player interpretation!

CrystalD
Tumblr: CrystalDennisMusic
Soundcloud: crystaldennismusic

#10 Post by CrystalD »

Played this a while ago and really enjoyed it, had no idea there was a bartender route so just did it and loved it! I want to go and replay all the other orutes and see what happens by picking different stuff, because I really enjoyed the realistic dialogue and the music was great!

ofjunetea

#11 Post by ofjunetea »

[removed]
Last edited by ofjunetea on Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foleso
Regular
Completed: Demon Kiss, Rustea Conversation, Love Rewind, Crown & Cauldron
Projects: Franken Tutor
Organization: Foleso
Tumblr: foleso
Deviantart: foleso
Github: foleso
itch: Foleso

#12 Post by foleso »

I love the art style!

Trafagal
Regular

#13 Post by Trafagal »

Hey, I tried playing your game, and the art style is really cool.

Great job on the overall game play.
Check out some of my stuffs here:https://linktr.ee/theartofjoshlab

Art Portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/theartofjoshlab/

Working on a personal Visual Novel~