Lights Out [RPG Horror Homage] [LD39] [Free]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Mikomi
Regular
Completed: AOPII, Starry Dreams
Projects: Asterism, Magicana
IRC Nick: Miko
Deviantart: MikomiKisomi
itch: MikomiKisomi

Lights Out [RPG Horror Homage] [LD39] [Free]

#1 Post by Mikomi » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:47 am

Rebecca was having a nice sleepover with her friends when suddenly the power goes out and they are attacked... by fairies?!

Play as Rebecca, a young girl trying to find her friends after the power goes out while avoiding a Dullahan in your house on "official business". However, as you explore the house with only a back-up generator working, you realize that there is only enough power to light one room at a time!

Features:
  • Custom tileset and art!
  • Storyline including Irish folklore!
  • One whole ending!

Where to Play:
  • Itch.io
  • Game Jolt
  • Newgrounds

_______________________________________________________________________________

Jeeze, this is my 10th Ludum Dare game jam. Can't believe it's been that long already :"D Anyway, this is a sort of homage to RPG horror games- I've been hanging around RPG horror devs recently and I got inspired to make this in that style. This game is around 15 minutes long and you can play it in browser on multiple websites. I made this with RPG Maker MV, and as always with Ludum Dare, the entire game and all its assets were made in under 72 hours.
deviantARTItch.ioTwitter

Devblog - mikomikisomi.weebly.com

Image Image

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

Re: Lights Out [RPG Horror Homage] [LD39] [Free]

#2 Post by skyeworks » Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm

I really liked the idea of only one light being able to be lit at a time! And I like the atmosphere and art, it really did remind me of rpg horror games like ib and all...but I was disappointed that it didn't really matter? At least it didn't really play a role, in the game, I felt. I left all the lights off and still could finished the game and all. Great job on the game though for 3 days it's really amazing!

Mikomi
Regular
Completed: AOPII, Starry Dreams
Projects: Asterism, Magicana
IRC Nick: Miko
Deviantart: MikomiKisomi
itch: MikomiKisomi

#3 Post by Mikomi » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 pm

skyeworks wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm
I really liked the idea of only one light being able to be lit at a time! And I like the atmosphere and art, it really did remind me of rpg horror games like ib and all...but I was disappointed that it didn't really matter? At least it didn't really play a role, in the game, I felt. I left all the lights off and still could finished the game and all. Great job on the game though for 3 days it's really amazing!
Thank you very much! Yes, I've gotten several complaints that the lights didn't seem to matter much- so, in my post-LD build I'll be making the game harder by making it extremely dark and adding a lot more content besides that.
deviantARTItch.ioTwitter

Devblog - mikomikisomi.weebly.com

Image Image

skyeworks
Regular
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost

#4 Post by skyeworks » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:04 pm

Mikomi wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:45 pm
skyeworks wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:59 pm
Thank you very much! Yes, I've gotten several complaints that the lights didn't seem to matter much- so, in my post-LD build I'll be making the game harder by making it extremely dark and adding a lot more content besides that.
I can't wait to play it! I would totally love to know more about the world you created with that game! <3 The ending made me want to know more about them.