Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Kinetic] [Simulation]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
solarProtag
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
Completed: Battle Live!, Halloween Live
Projects: http://solarprotag.weebly.com/projects.html
Tumblr: solarasketchbook
itch: solarprotagonist
Contact:

Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Kinetic] [Simulation]

#1 Post by solarProtag » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Image

Download it for free from itch.io

Welcome to Pride Park! The school that fosters upcoming idols to take to the stage.

The two halves of the school (girl's and boy's) battle each other in live performances known as Battle Lives for recognition and marks. Split into idol groups known as units, they perform their hearts out onstage.

Considering all this, transfering to a school like this would clearly be an exciting new thrill!

...right?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello everyone! I'm Sol/Solara and this is my first VN!

I originally started this as a project for NaNoRenO 2017, and even posted a sketch version for the end of it. It became a lot larger than I had anticipated and after 6 months I can finally share it!

This game includes:
♪ Two main routes (one for each side of the school) with significant differences between them.
♪ 12505 words (this is a dialogue driven VN)
♪ 14 BGs and 14 CGs
♪ 24 characters yeah I don't know how I thought I'd fit this into a month too
♪ A bonus epilogue + extras menu for seeing both routes through

This is a pretty self-indulgent game but I hope anyone that plays it enjoys what they see.

Edit 01/11/2017: Changed the genre/game play listing up in the title to accurately reflect what the game is like (Sorry if it was confusing before!)

Screenshots:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Last edited by solarProtag on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
skyeworks
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:36 am
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#2 Post by skyeworks » Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm

I really love this game! It's is so so amazing! I liked how different the route were! and how there were so much art for all the characters, I would love it if there was more. I had real trouble deciding which characters was my favorite, it kept switching constantly! I wanted to hug this adorable adorable game! And the outfits. XD They were great!
Image

User avatar
solarProtag
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
Completed: Battle Live!, Halloween Live
Projects: http://solarprotag.weebly.com/projects.html
Tumblr: solarasketchbook
itch: solarprotagonist
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#3 Post by solarProtag » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm

skyeworks wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm
I really love this game! It's is so so amazing! I liked how different the route were! and how there were so much art for all the characters, I would love it if there was more. I had real trouble deciding which characters was my favorite, it kept switching constantly! I wanted to hug this adorable adorable game! And the outfits. XD They were great!
Thank you so much!

User avatar
skyeworks
Regular
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:36 am
Projects: K9-11
itch: skyefrost
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#4 Post by skyeworks » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 pm

solarProtag wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm
skyeworks wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm
I really love this game! It's is so so amazing! I liked how different the route were! and how there were so much art for all the characters, I would love it if there was more. I had real trouble deciding which characters was my favorite, it kept switching constantly! I wanted to hug this adorable adorable game! And the outfits. XD They were great!
Thank you so much!
I drew some fanart of one of my favorite! (Is it still favorite when you like most of the cast?!)
http://i.imgur.com/jNZbX59.jpg
Image

User avatar
solarProtag
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
Completed: Battle Live!, Halloween Live
Projects: http://solarprotag.weebly.com/projects.html
Tumblr: solarasketchbook
itch: solarprotagonist
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#5 Post by solarProtag » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:51 am

skyeworks wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:44 pm
solarProtag wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:32 pm
skyeworks wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:28 pm
I really love this game! It's is so so amazing! I liked how different the route were! and how there were so much art for all the characters, I would love it if there was more. I had real trouble deciding which characters was my favorite, it kept switching constantly! I wanted to hug this adorable adorable game! And the outfits. XD They were great!
Thank you so much!
I drew some fanart of one of my favorite! (Is it still favorite when you like most of the cast?!)
http://i.imgur.com/jNZbX59.jpg
Oh my god thank you! This looks so nice!

User avatar
riverbluesbear
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:53 am
Projects: RTANMUSSB!
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#6 Post by riverbluesbear » Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm

I cannot express how much I loved this! It was so cute and all the characters were very dynamic and diverse, and I just wanted to see more! I loved the costumes, though Ace of Spades' were my favorite costumes, followed closely by Neapolitan, haha. Are you thinking about making a longer, fully-fleshed out version? I would love to see that happen!!

User avatar
solarProtag
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
Completed: Battle Live!, Halloween Live
Projects: http://solarprotag.weebly.com/projects.html
Tumblr: solarasketchbook
itch: solarprotagonist
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#7 Post by solarProtag » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:40 pm

riverbluesbear wrote:
Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm
I cannot express how much I loved this! It was so cute and all the characters were very dynamic and diverse, and I just wanted to see more! I loved the costumes, though Ace of Spades' were my favorite costumes, followed closely by Neapolitan, haha. Are you thinking about making a longer, fully-fleshed out version? I would love to see that happen!!
Thank you so much!
I'm currently planning some more games for the future with these characters to help flesh them out some more, so keep an eye out for those!

Kikaharu
Regular
Posts: 170
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:17 am
Projects: "Love" Therapy
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#8 Post by Kikaharu » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:25 am

I love this game. Now here is the hard part. There is so much let down to me. Like at first I was like I'll see what it's about. Start playing it and it's like oooh this could be a really cool game with a lot of content. (Also I did read the description but that was awhile before I played it so I didn't really remembered how long it took.) So the story starts to get really interesting and I was like this will be cool to make a group and perform and thought there would be these other things. And there wasn't and it's like awww. Also I dont know how significant difference there is between the male and female's side as to me they both seem quite similar with a few differences.

So it's a good game, it's cute and there is interesting characters. But I could imagine so much more happening that I was mad there wasnt more. I am glad to see you are planning some more games with the characters to flesh them out. To me that sounds like it would really be the same game idea as this one, which I think is good to flesh out the characters. But I would really love a more in-depth version of this game.

User avatar
solarProtag
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 12:17 am
Completed: Battle Live!, Halloween Live
Projects: http://solarprotag.weebly.com/projects.html
Tumblr: solarasketchbook
itch: solarprotagonist
Contact:

Re: Battle Live! School of Idols [Free] [Sim]

#9 Post by solarProtag » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Sorry in advance for the bump I just wanted to let people know.
Hi there!

The first sequel I wanted to make, Halloween Live, is available to play!
It focuses on Ace of Spades and Black Widow, so if those two units were your favs you'll really like this one!

You can check it out here!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grinsekatze, Kirlett