SRRT! [Comedy][Sci-Fi]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta
Projects: Solidarity Forever
Organization: KONOL Games

SRRT! [Comedy][Sci-Fi]

#1 Post by YossarianIII »

FREE DEMO
SRRT! is a commercial VN, but there's a free version available. Kill Your Refrigerator is a short, standalone demo game featuring the same protagonist as SRRT!.
Let us know in the comments which ending you reach first!

Image Image

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

Re: SRRT! [Comedy][Sci-Fi]

#2 Post by paradigmshifty »

Can't wait to check this out! It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Once sunofes is over I'll have time to play O.O
Congrats on the release :D
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

YossarianIII
Veteran
Completed: Guns & Lovers; SRRT!; Kill Your Refrigerator; Banality Man; Beretta Mondatta

#3 Post by YossarianIII »

paradigmshifty wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:13 pm Can't wait to check this out! It sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun. Once sunofes is over I'll have time to play O.O
Congrats on the release

Thanks!

Best of luck on SuNoFes! I'll be looking forward to LIFEPLUS+.

It feels good to release a project... so I can finally work on the 20 other projects I want to do.

Image Image

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#4 Post by Zelan »

I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS HAD COME OUT WHILE I WAS AWAY. I really need to figure out PayPal so I can play this. ^_^ Congrats on the release!

YossarianIII
Veteran

#5 Post by YossarianIII »

Zelan wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 pm I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS HAD COME OUT WHILE I WAS AWAY. I really need to figure out PayPal so I can play this. ^_^ Congrats on the release!

Thanks, Zelan! :D

(Also, feel free to contact me here or by PM if you have problems with figuring out the itch.io download, and I'll see if there's anything I can do!)

Image Image

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+ and more

#6 Post by paradigmshifty »

S R R T!

I'm having such a fun time. I've got 4 endings so far but I'll definitely keep playing till I get them all - which is unusual for me. I think the focus on comedy helps with the pacing!
I've already had to laugh out loud on a number of times XD

Music and style/polish is amazing as you'd expect from yosIII games; like killfridge and banality man!

I'll leave a full review when I've played to all the endings!
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique

YossarianIII
Veteran

#7 Post by YossarianIII »

paradigmshifty wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:50 pm S R R T!

I'm having such a fun time. I've got 4 endings so far but I'll definitely keep playing till I get them all - which is unusual for me. I think the focus on comedy helps with the pacing!
I've already had to laugh out loud on a number of times XD

Music and style/polish is amazing as you'd expect from yosIII games; like killfridge and banality man!

I'll leave a full review when I've played to all the endings!

Thanks, glad you like it! :)

I've probably mentioned this before, but creating/picking music is always one of my favorite parts. I was worried that it'd be difficult to find free or inexpensive music for a commercial project (since there's so much good stuff that can only be used noncommercially), but there's really a lot of stuff out there!

Image Image

paradigmshifty
Regular

#8 Post by paradigmshifty »

i played all the endings and had a lot of fun
made me laugh out loud a fair few times XD

how do you even make that noise happen when skipping text! (i could have a look at the code and find out bwahah)

my first ending was karaoke btw, and that was a really good one

i loved how each ending was so unique
like the french art film subtitles, or the postcards from around the world. all with their own piece of ending music!
i would like to see some kind of jukebox to help track down some of the music, actually that would be a cool feature, especially as there was so many tracks that googling them all would take a while XD
that final ending and post ending was a real treat - i guess your other games have such scenes too? i rarely 100% a game XD
Honest Critique

YossarianIII
Veteran

#9 Post by YossarianIII »

paradigmshifty wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:26 pm i played all the endings and had a lot of fun
made me laugh out loud a fair few times XD
Congrats! I think you might be the first person to reach them all! :D

The skipping sound is actually pretty easy. In the screens document, I added 3 lines for the skip indicator:

Code: Select all

screen skip_indicator():

on "show" action Play("sound", "fx squeal.ogg", loop=False)
    on "show" action Play("skip", "fx skip.ogg", loop=True)
    on "hide" action Stop("skip")
The first line is to make a short tire squealing sound that starts every time you press skip. I only wanted it when someone first activates the screen, so it doesn't loop.

The second line is to play that dubstep-y synth sound that loops for as long as the player holds the button down, and then the third line is to make that sound stop looping when the skip screen goes away.

Also, a jukebox was definitely something I wanted to do, but it was probably a little outside my programming capability at the time I started. But I learned a bunch doing this one, so it might be something I do in future projects. I may throw up a blog post at some point that goes into more detail about which songs are used where in SRRT! -- the songs are almost all free to download somewhere online.

Finally, yes, there are secret endings on Banality Man and Beretta Mondatta, although...
the one in Banality Man promises an upcoming VN that definitely doesn't exist. whoops...
I figure the average player probably only sees 1-3 endings, so the bonus endings are never a super important part of the story. But I figure anyone who finds all the endings deserves some sort of reward!

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#10 Post by YossarianIII »

Hey, I'm doing the whole holiday sale thing, so I thought I'd post an update about it here. You can get SRRT! for 50% off at itch.io if you follow this link: https://itch.io/s/9788/srrt-holiday-sale-2017. It's the biggest sale I've done so far!

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#11 Post by YossarianIII »

Hey, just wanted to mention that this game will only be on sale for a couple more days (through January 2nd). Available here: https://itch.io/s/9788/srrt-holiday-sale-2017

Also, I recently uploaded the intro animation for the game on Youtube. It was created mostly with free tools: GIMP, Ren'Py, and QuickTime.

Image Image

YossarianIII
Veteran

#12 Post by YossarianIII »

Hey, just wanted to post a quick update! A new expansion for this game just came out today. If you already own it on itch.io, the update is free. You can also buy it there for a 10% discount or on Steam (where it's available for the first time, also for a 10% discount).

Image Image