Pinewood Island [otome][GxB][mystery|horror|romance]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
andromache

Re: Pinewood Island [otome][GxB][mystery|horror|romance] COMPLETE!

#16 Post by andromache »

Scribbles wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:09 pm
andromache wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:47 am So my first playthrough I was feeling disappointed because
everyone was dying on me
and the murderer seemed a little too obvious. But the replayability and figuring stuff out is actually awesome. I've been playing Matt's route exclusively, trying to finish that all up, and
due to a certain conversation with a certain character near the end of the game, it's clear who the real killer is
. Then in one of my playthroughs
THE REAL KILLER COMES TO MATT'S ROOM WITH
A KNIFE aaaaaaand he ended up getting away.
I'm trying to make a few different decisions to make that outcome better, but now I can't trigger that event! When romancing Matt, how do I ensure that
Ray attacks? And after he attacks, is it possible to find him? I'm hoping that if I discover the little cabin early on, then maybe we can find him there at the end, but that's just speculation.
I'm really trying to get the other Matt endings....so far I've gotten Spatula (a lot), Paranoia (only once!), and Bittersweet Memories. Give a girl a couple hints?
ummm ok......... I'll try lol
In order to get the confrontation scene again you have to make Ray angry, mainly with how you respond when he confronts you about Matt. After that it's up to the number of clues you find and your affection level with Matt ^^ I hope that helps
also
It's possible to save everyone
Thank you! I realized the second thing about halfway through my second playthrough, but totally did not realize that my responses during that certain confrontation with that certain character would change things, because his responses seemed to be the same no matter what I said. Now I just need to figure out how to make sure
he doesn't get away!
Anyway, I'm clearly having a lot of fun, so it's a good game! The game is much deeper and more complex than it initially seems, which is great! Can't wait to see what a different experience it is when romancing someone else, after I finish getting the other endings for my bae Matt.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Pinewood Island, As We Know It
Projects: In Blood
Organization: Jaime Scribbles Games
Deviantart: breakfastdoodles
itch: scribbles

#17 Post by Scribbles »

andromache wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:04 pm
Thank you! I realized the second thing about halfway through my second playthrough, but totally did not realize that my responses during that certain confrontation with that certain character would change things, because his responses seemed to be the same no matter what I said. Now I just need to figure out how to make sure
he doesn't get away!
Anyway, I'm clearly having a lot of fun, so it's a good game! The game is much deeper and more complex than it initially seems, which is great! Can't wait to see what a different experience it is when romancing someone else, after I finish getting the other endings for my bae Matt.
I'm glad you're enjoying it ^^
Image - Image -Image

deborahruby
Soundcloud: ren'py

#18 Post by deborahruby »

Hey! I just played and got the bad ending with Ray :( How do I go about getting the good ending?
OH and how do I save the others??

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Scribbles »

deborahruby wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 pm Hey! I just played and got the bad ending with Ray :( How do I go about getting the good ending?
OH and how do I save the others??
Ray actually has 8 endings lol to get the "good" ones you want high affection, so make choices where the blue heart appears in the corner and spend time with him. As for saving people...
Try the "keep people calm" option, and then it might be easier to save them when the time comes
hope that helps! ^^
Image - Image -Image

Jain
Regular

#20 Post by Jain »

Liked the game from the demo, ran out and bought it. Got any tips for someone trying to unmask the true killer? I only manage to unlock a few clues by searching and then it doesn't seem to lead to anything.

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Scribbles »

Artalija wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm Liked the game from the demo, ran out and bought it. Got any tips for someone trying to unmask the true killer? I only manage to unlock a few clues by searching and then it doesn't seem to lead to anything.
hmm, it depends on who you romance/if you don't romance anyone/amount of clues you find/affections levels > < there are specific variables for it for each path, if you tell me specifically what you're going for maybe I can help you further? You can find clues outside of the searching for clues events
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by Scribbles »

I've started the (somewhat long) process of putting the game on Steam!
Image - Image -Image

Isotta

#23 Post by Isotta »

Hello there!

First allow me to congratulate for the game, which I really, really like so far!
Though I have a little problem, I've experienced a bug :(
I'm playing on a mac, and on Matt's route ending the game crashes while trying to unlock the last cg of his gallery with this message:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'images/Cgs/playercgs/mattEnd_highlights04.png'>:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'images/Cgs/playercgs/mattEnd_highlights04.png'

For now I have already played Carl's route without issues, and I'm now trying out Ray.
Thank you and again congratulations, the plot as well of the characters are really intriguing!

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#24 Post by Scribbles »

Isotta wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:23 pm Hello there!

First allow me to congratulate for the game, which I really, really like so far!
I'm playing on a mac, and on Matt's route ending the game crashes while trying to unlock the last cg of his gallery with this message:

For now I have already played Carl's route without issues, and I'm now trying out Ray.
Thank you and again congratulations, the plot as well of the characters are really intriguing!
ah, sorry about that! It seems to be missing a file that *should* be in there, MSG me and I'll see what I can do :)
Image - Image -Image

s0mmertraum

#25 Post by s0mmertraum »

Scribbles wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 pm

ah, sorry about that! It seems to be missing a file that *should* be in there, MSG me and I'll see what I can do :)
I have the same problem :(

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Scribbles »

s0mmertraum wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:25 pm
Scribbles wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 pm

I have the same problem :(
Are you also on a MAC or are you on a PC? I'll look into this a lot more tomorrow, if it's something I can fix I'll put a new build out as soon as I can > <
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Scribbles »

I've fixed it! you'll need to redownload it (the 1.9064 version), and then *hopefully* it will work with your saves! sorry about that --let me know if there are any more issues.

Also I'm still working on getting it on Steam
Image - Image -Image

riverbluesbear
Regular
Projects: RTANMUSSB!

#28 Post by riverbluesbear »

I was so excited that this came out, and man, it did not disappoint!! :D It's so hard to compliment this without getting too spoilery lol but I did have a question!
In a reply to another review, you mentioned it was possible to save everyone, (besides Kent lol), so could you help a gal save Joey? No matter what I do, he ends up dying during his spat with Jesse. I really wanna save him. He's my bratty bae and I love him

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#29 Post by Scribbles »

riverbluesbear wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:29 pm I was so excited that this came out, and man, it did not disappoint!! :D It's so hard to compliment this without getting too spoilery lol but I did have a question!
In a reply to another review, you mentioned it was possible to save everyone, (besides Kent lol), so could you help a gal save Joey? No matter what I do, he ends up dying during his spat with Jesse. I really wanna save him. He's my bratty bae and I love him
sure
chase after him after the fight, tell him he's an idiot, then pull him away when Jesse shoves him. He still gets hurt, but doesn't die
that should help ^^
Image - Image -Image

Scribbles
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Scribbles »

I'm putting together a walk through for the game -- if there is something you specifically need help with unlocking NOW is the time to tell me!! :)

Otherwise I hope to have it up later today or tomorrow morning at the latest
Image - Image -Image