The Beach

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kadius Dar
Projects: Paths of Destiny, Viral-Day: The Beginning

The Beach

#1 Post by Kadius Dar »

Well, its not long by any means. It is done, however. My way of introducing myself, and this is my first.

http://www.4shared.com/account/dir/1192 ... aring.html

Enjoy, and leave comments if you wish.

usul
Veteran
Projects: Teachings of the Buddha, System-Addict, Generation XxX

Re: The Beach

#2 Post by usul »

Nice character expressions in this one. Refreshing. The backgounds are ok, but the sky being roughly the same color as the beach which bugged me.
As for the story, it seemed weird to me that the girl seemed disturbed that you might have perverted intentions, then suddenly switch attitude in just a few moments.
I think some tension and suspense might have been introduced if you were to be seperated in the midlde of the story, say going out for fire wood and being with your thoughts and insecurities, then maybe coming back and not seeing her there might make you doubt her intentions even more. Then it would be more of a surprise when you'd see her again, relieving the tension and setting up for a slightly more dramatic ending.
"The universe is non-simultaneously apprehended"
— Buckminster Fuller

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#3 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

I have just played it, up until the
rather easy
good ending; I must agree that there are too few colours, and too many shades of siena and ochre; but I agree that the character expression are good;

On the criticism of the story ny Usul, I must point that
Actually not few girls (and women) in their large arsenal of ploys have also the card of feigning mistrust; I say feigning, because that. in the first lines of the story is established that the characters are mutual longtime friends.... Anyway, I don't consider this an inconsistency in the story
Only real criticism on my side, the chardes seems a bit too "plastic", esp. in the "textures" (I known that is an incorrect term for a 2D graphic, but I don't find the correct English term....)

Weighting all, I think that Mr. "Kadius Dar" has done a good first work, in my opinion.

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.

Kadius Dar
Projects: Paths of Destiny, Viral-Day: The Beginning

#4 Post by Kadius Dar »

Actually, the term "textures" would be correct, as this was originally 3D models but rendered with a cartoon shader. Thanks for the comment guys.

Damizan

#5 Post by Damizan »

Very short, but good!

I liked the originality and the visual quality of character!

And special mention for good music!

Bravo!
I'm French and I try to write in English to be active in this forum.
Sorry if I make mistakes...
Specialty: Screenwriter
http://dominicfc.interrelie.info