Moonlight Walks 2.0 Released

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
psyduck
Regular

Re: Moonlight Walks 2.0 Released

#61 Post by psyduck »

got all ending. my favorite is 4th ending.

brunefigure

#62 Post by brunefigure »

The Moonlight Walks download page says "If you have comments, questions, or require support, the best way to contact us is by posting in the Moonlight Walks topic on the Lemma Soft Forums", so I'm posting this request for support here.

I can't play Moonlight Walks on my Mac. I downloaded and successfully decompressed the .zip file. But trying to open the game itself makes my screen go black and flicker for a moment, and then the game just doesn't play.

I tried moving the "moonlight" application's location once, from Downloads to Applications. In Applications, I was told to "choose a .py or .pyw file to run". I chose the moonlight.py file from the moonlight-2.0-mac folder. Ultimately led to same failure to play as described last paragraph.

If this is not the correct forum in which to post this bug report, please tell me so I can move it.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#63 Post by PyTom »

What kind of mac do you have? Which version of OS X are you running?

Did you move the .app out of the folder with the rest of the files? If you did, that might be the problem.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Taiwan Hans 823
Tumblr: unknown-hansland
Deviantart: jen-chwen-lo
Github: Hans19980823

#64 Post by Taiwan Hans 823 »

Finally, I found it! I tried to find it since 2014 because I didn't get the true ending.

DarkShockBro

#65 Post by DarkShockBro »

PyTom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:24 pm What kind of mac do you have? Which version of OS X are you running?

Did you move the .app out of the folder with the rest of the files? If you did, that might be the problem.
3 years later, I have the same problem. I have a Macbook Air with Mac 10.14 OS X Mojave. I have tried: running the program in Terminal, placing all the files out of the download folder, placing all of the files in the iCloud, and I still can't get anything but the black screen that causes me to have to restart.

I can avoid the message telling me to run moonlight.py if I do the three things I mentioned, but I still can't get anything but that black, unmovable screen. I'm not sure what's going on, but if it's been persisting for 3 years, Apple probably must have done something weird yet again and I desperately need a flash drive to run Bootcamp.

If anyone can help, I would truly appreciate it. This game is great and I really want to replay and relive it personally once again.

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#66 Post by Kokoro Hane »

After a million years, I finally gave this classic a go! Been wanting to play it for years since I knew of its existence, but anyway, better late than never?

I'd never played a game by PyTom before, so I was excited, and I was not disappointed either! The story was very simple, but very nice as well. I loved the renewed art by Uncle Mugen, and I got all the endings, and I plan to play again with the game's original art (nice little extra to add!) because when something is a remake, I love to experience it in its original glory as well.

All and all, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
The game nearly drove me to tears, especially endings 3 and 4. Definitely 4. It's nice that after all those years, he was able to truly be united with her in the afterlife, so sweet. Ending 3 was quite bittersweet, tugging at my heartstrings how he set her free by granting her wish albeit for a moment.
There's something about short, mysterious and simple stories like this that make me smile and just enjoy! Hope to someday see something like this from you again. Mr. PyTom ^^
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"