soundless - A MODERN SALEM IN REMOTE AREA - [Horror][Denpa][Kinetic][GxG][Free] Anniversary Updates

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: soundless - A MODERN SALEM IN REMOTE AREA - [Horror][Denpa][Kinetic][GxG][Free] Version 1.2 Out!

#16 Post by Zelan »

puffinlady wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 pm
Zelan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:23 amtl;dr it's a very good game and I'm super impressed.
Thank you so much for your comments (and your fanfic!) I'm extremely glad you enjoyed Soundless as much as you did. The comments about the polish are especially uplifting - I think timing all elements right, from word to sound, is a really important part of visual novel direction, so I'm glad my attention to detail paid off in the end.

I've commented on your fic, by the way. :~)
So I'm totally just self-promoting again but I finally got around to writing the Clara one I mentioned yeet

To keep this post from being just my fanfiction: for anyone who is reading through this thread and waffling over whether or not to download and play it, I would highly recommend playing it. I typically have a lot of trouble choosing "favorites," so I don't have a favorite book, movie, etc., but soundless is 100% without a doubt my favorite visual novel. It does such a good job of combining every element of a visual novel - art, programming, writing, and music and SFX - to tell a fantastic story. Casual players will get a great experience out of this VN, and developers get the added bonus of a great example to look to in their own development.

tl;dr I'm just gonna shill this VN as hard as I fucking can it's been months and I can't get over how good it is. Please play it

nerupuff
Veteran

Re: soundless - A MODERN SALEM IN REMOTE AREA - [Horror][Denpa][Kinetic][GxG][Free] Version 1.2 Out!

#17 Post by nerupuff »

I feel like I'm so late to see this, since it's been a year since it was released. Still, congrats on releasing this a year ago! xD

Downloading this right now! (Though I think I will only be able to play this when there is sunlight, since I'm easily scared TwT) I love horror genre games and your intro summary really hooked me! I'll be back to let you know what I think. I'm excited for it ^^
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

nerupuff
Veteran

#18 Post by nerupuff »

I finally got around to finishing the game. It took a while, because I had to take a few breaks from playing every so often because it is such a dark tale. It's so odd, but I took a liking to almost everyone in the game, except
for the Head Priest (I hate him, but he's a good... villain. But I still hate him.)

The storytelling was quite vibrant. The sound design is done quite well, too.

The ending bonuses were great. I actually teared up reading them because I could relate on a personal level. The entire backstory of the game was brilliant.

Looking forward to more of your future games!
ImageImage
Hire me for proofreading, editing, and (maybe) writing! ♡ Check here!

puffinlady
Regular
Completed: Soundless, Three Lilies
Projects: POLYCHROMANIA, 7388
Organization: milk+ visual
Tumblr: milkplusvn
itch: milkplus

Re: soundless - A MODERN SALEM IN REMOTE AREA - [Horror][Denpa][Kinetic][GxG][Free] Anniversary Updates

#19 Post by puffinlady »

Hello, long time no see! This is an extremely late update, but we're doing a bunch of special stuff for Soundless's 1st anniversary! The good news is that the only thing anyone who solely gets Soundless news from here missed out on was the Version 2.0 update day.

There's a blog post about it here and an update here, but we'll summarize it here.

Version 2.0

The game has been updated to version 2.0. In this version, significant changes have been made to the content of the game. The changelog is as follows:
  • Grammar and prose fixes
  • Major changes to certain scenes
  • The addition of an entire new day and one new CG
  • Major changes to the unlockable bonus content
  • Replacement of a music track and an ambiance track
  • Better visual impairment support
  • Better fix for a memory issue introduced in v1.2
Android Port

Originally planned to be a pseudo-smartphone port using the power of YouTube, we've switched gears over to an Android port to speed things up. Release for this port is soon™ as we've also got a lot of other stuff on our plate.

Soundless: Lonely Ruby Aria

The sapphire, beautiful and perfectly cut as it was, awed all who viewed it and was lovingly revered.
And as consequence, none took notice of the rough ruby sitting just behind it…

A short digital prequel novel featuring Nyn has been planned. There will be a free version and a deluxe version. The deluxe version will function as part prequel novel and part guide/artbook, while the free version will contain only the novel.

Now, on to finally replying to everyone...
Nay wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:05 am -snip for length-
Thank you so much! I'm sorry I scared you...maybe? Yay, I successfully scared you! maybe.
I'm glad it resonated with you & I'm sorry you had to go through that. It is pretty difficult to come to that kind of conclusion, and I actually haven't forgiven the person who hurt me myself (Mercy really lived up to her name there). But I don't think most people do things because they're pure evil or pure good, but because their world shaped them into who they are. It's a human thing to do bad things as much as it is a human thing to do good things.
I wish Nyn had gotten more screentime, I enjoyed her too!
:^)
Zelan wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:22 am
So I'm totally just self-promoting again but I finally got around to writing the Clara one I mentioned yeet

To keep this post from being just my fanfiction: for anyone who is reading through this thread and waffling over whether or not to download and play it, I would highly recommend playing it. I typically have a lot of trouble choosing "favorites," so I don't have a favorite book, movie, etc., but soundless is 100% without a doubt my favorite visual novel. It does such a good job of combining every element of a visual novel - art, programming, writing, and music and SFX - to tell a fantastic story. Casual players will get a great experience out of this VN, and developers get the added bonus of a great example to look to in their own development.

tl;dr I'm just gonna shill this VN as hard as I fucking can it's been months and I can't get over how good it is. Please play it
I would have also commented on this one, but that requires fixing the AO3 cookie login bug, so I'm just going to leave what I would have written here:
Don't feel so bad about posting something you're not very proud of...I actually think Soundless is very bad lol, it happens to everyone. I think this one is very good as well and I'm awed that not only did you like my VN so much that you wrote not one but two fanfics?! I think what I like the most is that you consistently portrayed Mercy's psychosis as mood-congruent. Also, the final sentence was so sweet. I'm interested in seeing a part 2, definitely. I want to see Clara save Mercy ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
Also...thank you so much?! It's almost kind of surprising when someone tells you that the visual novel you made after being partly inspired by your own favorite visual novel is their favorite visual novel, and on top of that, it's an example to be followed. It's like a favorite pyramid.
nerupuff wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:21 am I finally got around to finishing the game. It took a while, because I had to take a few breaks from playing every so often because it is such a dark tale. It's so odd, but I took a liking to almost everyone in the game, except
for the Head Priest (I hate him, but he's a good... villain. But I still hate him.)
The storytelling was quite vibrant. The sound design is done quite well, too.
The ending bonuses were great. I actually teared up reading them because I could relate on a personal level. The entire backstory of the game was brilliant.
Looking forward to more of your future games!
Thank you so much!
I'm glad it resonated with you. Also I hate him too.
"A novel is never anything but a philosophy put into images." - Albert Camus
Posts written outside of our WIP/Completed threads are written by papaya

Image Image
Three Lilies | POLYCHROMANIA