miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
andromache

Re: miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

#31 Post by andromache »

Started this yesterday! I couldn't get into Mystic Messenger (I'm probably the only one) but I really like this so far! I think it's more straightforward and easy to navigate, maybe?

The only issue I've had so far is that it launches every time I open the app - like with the opening credits, opening menu, etc., which is just a tiny bit annoying. I want to be able to go in and out of the game/app a little more smoothly, if that makes sense?

I would 100% pay for an R18 PC version. Give me allllllll the sexy content. More GxB games with R18 content, please!

Also, congrats on the cutest/coolest plot concept ever.

Bianchii
Regular

#32 Post by Bianchii »

Hello! I wanted to let you know that this is a very good initiative, but I've also been hitting game breaking problems, I think it's the same bug the other person mentioned in page 2, and IDK if it's that what it's causing everything else but I'm not getting the push notifications for general or personal chats, only for meetings, and when I check the game for new messages they don't show up until I've lost like, every conversation, so I've been missing A LOT of opportunities to get points with the boys ;-; I hope this can be fixed so I can try playing again, because at this point I'm not sure if I'll get any good ending ;-;

As for the game itself it's awesome! Like someone mentioned the humor is 10/10, the miracle ideas are so mental that they are actually good, and the cgs unffffffffffff <3 <3 <3 I also think it's good that we kinda get all chats between the first and last meeting (or at least I've been getting them in that timeframe). I also kinda think that because through the day the opportunities of getting hard are not that much (in comparison to say, mystic messenger), we should get a bigger time window to reply (this suggestion may also come from the fact im not even getting notified ._.)

Thanks for creating such a good game! All the boys are so good! <3 The idea is super original too!

mangopirate

#33 Post by mangopirate »

I'm enjoying it so far, unfortunately I get so many errors I decided to use the emulator. Nearly every time I run it I had to click 'Ignore' because of bugs, and the notifications stopped firing :(
I'll post more once I beat the game <3

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#34 Post by storykween »

Arrrrrgggh pesty clever elusive bugs :evil:
mangopirate wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 am I'm enjoying it so far, unfortunately I get so many errors I decided to use the emulator. Nearly every time I run it I had to click 'Ignore' because of bugs, and the notifications stopped firing :(
@mangopirate Can you specify what bugs you are hitting? In our latest tests, we've successfully cleared all known bugs, so I honestly have no idea what problem you're having. It may be specific to whatever device you're currently running to play the game. I'd love to try and fix it for you; could you send me any additional information you have (including what device you're using) via email ( jenny AT woodsy-studio DOT com ) so I can try to track it down?
Bianchii wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 pm I think it's the same bug the other person mentioned in page 2, and IDK if it's that what it's causing everything else but I'm not getting the push notifications for general or personal chats, only for meetings, and when I check the game for new messages they don't show up until I've lost like, every conversation, so I've been missing A LOT of opportunities to get points with the boys ;-;
@Bianchii Which bug are you hitting from page 2? As I mentioned from above, we've currently fixed all bugs known to us, so if you can specify what problem you're having that would help a lot. As for notifications, I'm definitely puzzled why the meeting notifications are the *only* notifications you're getting, and would like to try and figure that out. Do you look at the #general channel very often? I ask because a lot of the code for the notifications runs when you look at the #general channel. I will look into adding more places where those notifications are set to further prevent the possibility of missing them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're all (and @andromache ) enjoying the game otherwise, and thanks for the feedback c:
My website: woodsy-studio.com

mangopirate

#35 Post by mangopirate »

storykween wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am Arrrrrgggh pesty clever elusive bugs :evil:
mangopirate wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:40 am I'm enjoying it so far, unfortunately I get so many errors I decided to use the emulator. Nearly every time I run it I had to click 'Ignore' because of bugs, and the notifications stopped firing :(
@mangopirate Can you specify what bugs you are hitting? In our latest tests, we've successfully cleared all known bugs, so I honestly have no idea what problem you're having. It may be specific to whatever device you're currently running to play the game. I'd love to try and fix it for you; could you send me any additional information you have (including what device you're using) via email ( jenny AT woodsy-studio DOT com ) so I can try to track it down?
Bianchii wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 pm I think it's the same bug the other person mentioned in page 2, and IDK if it's that what it's causing everything else but I'm not getting the push notifications for general or personal chats, only for meetings, and when I check the game for new messages they don't show up until I've lost like, every conversation, so I've been missing A LOT of opportunities to get points with the boys ;-;
@Bianchii Which bug are you hitting from page 2? As I mentioned from above, we've currently fixed all bugs known to us, so if you can specify what problem you're having that would help a lot. As for notifications, I'm definitely puzzled why the meeting notifications are the *only* notifications you're getting, and would like to try and figure that out. Do you look at the #general channel very often? I ask because a lot of the code for the notifications runs when you look at the #general channel. I will look into adding more places where those notifications are set to further prevent the possibility of missing them.

Anyway, I'm glad you're all (and @andromache ) enjoying the game otherwise, and thanks for the feedback c:
I was running it on Huawei Y6 and I doubt it's specific to my device as the bugs were the standard RenPy ones. I wish I made screenshots - there were definitely some Infinite Loops.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

#36 Post by storykween »

mangopirate wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 pm I was running it on Huawei Y6 and I doubt it's specific to my device as the bugs were the standard RenPy ones. I wish I made screenshots - there were definitely some Infinite Loops.
@mangopirate Thanks for the info! Indeed, the errors may create a typical Ren'Py error message, but they can still happen because of the device. In this case, I suspect the "Infinite Loop" error may have something to do with the device's RAM or CPU failing during a loop. Thanks in advance for any other info you can give me (specifically, when it hit that error), and feel free to use my email (jenny AT woodsy-studio DOT com)

To anyone who wants to learn how to add notifications to their games (and more): We've posted our first tutorial about expanding mobile functionality here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=46091

storykween
Regular

#37 Post by storykween »

We pushed an update today for Android and iOS that should reduce the likelihood of missing any notifications. Thanks for letting me know about that!

Bianchii
Regular

#38 Post by Bianchii »

storykween wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:12 am Arrrrrgggh pesty clever elusive bugs :evil:

Thanks for reading through my comment! And ugh it's been some time so IDK which bug it was, I may try the game again soon and take screenshots and report if I find any bugs, thanks for updating for the notifications too! Hopefully I'll get more next time I play. And I don't think I ever exited the game with any specific chat in mind, I think I only had like Lucifer's chat open all the time because I didn't want to miss his chats haha.

MiracleCatZ
Projects: pawZ
Organization: MiracleCatZ

#39 Post by MiracleCatZ »

If you were able to push to put a 'pc' version out, would you accept payment from it? I truly love the concept of your game, but I am not a 'fancy' phone user. I have a flip phone in fact, and my laptop won't run emulators. Not that I would want to get an emulator, they track and carry so many bugs and viruses!

And also if you do accept payment what would be an agreeable amount?

HopefulRomantic
Tumblr: hopefulromanticwriter

#40 Post by HopefulRomantic »

Just chiming in to say I'm totally interested if you ever do the tutorials on how you did this with Renpy. Love the idea of adding realtime.

Adia

#41 Post by Adia »

Quick (and likely obvious) questions...is the romance lock-in point where you pick the miracle?
And, any chance to be able to change avatar (of the main character)?

storykween
Regular

#42 Post by storykween »

@MiracleCatZ We'd gladly accept payment for a PC option if we decide to release it for PC, thank you :D Unfortunately, I don't see that happening in the near future.

@HopefulRomantic We have released one tutorial so far about implementing notifications: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=46091 As for how we incorporated the real time element, I doubt I'll make a tutorial about that because our setup was so specific and complex, but I can tell you that we used a WHOLE LOT of python datetime functions! https://docs.python.org/2/library/datetime.html

@Adia: Yes, your romance path locks in with the miracle choice :D FYI you can still get either a good or bad ending with that character if your points are too low by the end of Day 6! As for avatars, right now there's 1 avatar for each gender option

Adia

#43 Post by Adia »

Thanks for that storykween. I do hope more avatars are added, or being able to upload your own will be an option. I find the current one difficult to play as ‘me’. Even if the game art or cgis don’t match, I’d prefer to pick avatars.

And damn, guess I am picking miracles that I think are weird just to romance the characters :D

rainlit

#44 Post by rainlit »

I agree with being able to post our own photos for our avatars or being able to customize their skin, eye color and hair color. I've never been able to play games where my avatar or character is predesigned because they're nearly always white, and as someone who is not, it's not realistic or conducive to actually feeling apart of the story.

storykween
Regular

#45 Post by storykween »

Thanks for the feedback @Adia and @rainlit! We actually plan to push a big update in February 2018 (for Valentine's Day! <3) that will include a gallery, new avatar options, and other tweaks. I'll keep all this in mind!