miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
flawedbydesign

Re: miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

#46 Post by flawedbydesign »

I am loving this game so far, on day 4 at the moment. But every time Uriel asks me something, either in general chat or DM, I do not get a notification until it is too late to answer him. I get them on time for everyone else, just not Uriel

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

#47 Post by storykween »

I'm glad you're enjoying the game @flawedbydesign! Thanks for letting me know about the Uriel issue; I will definitely look into that. At the moment, we're working on a big update to miraclr that will release on Valentine's Day. In the meantime we're also cleaning up a lot of code and looking into various bug reports.

Here's some more news about the upcoming miraclr update for anyone curious! http://woodsy-studio.com/news/miraclr-valentines/

We're adding a gallery, new avatar options, new CGs, and possibly more.

If any of you have specific requests to make, now's the time to make them ;)
My website: woodsy-studio.com

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

#48 Post by storykween »

Aaaaaand it's official, we're also releasing on PC, Mac, and Linux on Valentine's Day!

Ultimately, we decided to keep the content in the mobile and desktop versions of the game the same. The main difference in the PC version is that you buy it up-front (for $9.99) with all the IAPs included, so you can play through the game in one session if you prefer. And naturally, the PC version has a very different layout and will include higher resolution versions of the CGs.

We keep adding more features that will be available in both the desktop and mobile versions on Valentine's Day. Along with what we mentioned above, we're ALSO adding:
  • A new secret story branch that unlocks after beating the game!
  • At least 2 new CG illustrations for every romance-able angel
  • New private messages
  • An improved Reply system incorporating an in-game currency called Halos. You receive Halos every time you punctually reply to a message. You can then spend Halos to reply to missed messages or unlock special artwork

storykween
Regular

#49 Post by storykween »

miraclr is now available on Steam and itch.io! All the new content is also available on mobile devices through an update!

I hope you all enjoy the new content. Let me know what you think!

**Here's a big clue for unlocking the secret story path: you need to beat the game at least the once, then try replaying Day 4 ;)

ModestCrab

#50 Post by ModestCrab »

Just wanted to pop in and say that after my first route, this game is definitely worth the bit I paid. You guys made some adorable characters and the art is a little stiff but not awful. Hope to see more in the future! My only gripe, and I don't know if anyone else had it, was the frequent ex pining. Especially when playing a route of one of said exes, the romance for the MC comes out of the left field when they are very much doting on each other. (A little uncomfortable getting a 'sexy' photo from someone who isn't that person, but maybe that's just me). All in all though it was a fun experience and thank you guys so much for your hard work!

Edit: Upon finishing most of the other routes I kind of agree with another poster on here.
A lot of the romances winded up feeling pretty lackluster. MC very rarely feels the love, or at least singularly so. I suppose its not a bad thing but with nothing leading up to the random bits of flirting that were just....all over (even some later in routes which can be a tiny bit aggravating.) In terms of romances it felt you either got the polyamorous flirty types or the two that were already together and still pining at each other ... It was a little uncomfortable and sadly, disappointing to get to the endings.

storykween
Regular

#51 Post by storykween »

Hi @ModestCrab, thanks for sharing your thoughts on the game! Glad you still enjoyed it overall :D

YaoiBloodhound

#52 Post by YaoiBloodhound »

I think I'm getting a glitch. My relationship with Michael has been stuck at 29 out of 38, even though he 'liked' something I did at least 4 times since it first said 29 out of 38. Does it not ever get above 29?

storykween
Regular

#53 Post by storykween »

Hi @YaoiBloodhound, that certainly sounds like a weird bug! Sorry you're experiencing it. Your score should certainly go higher than that. Can you tell me a little bit more about when in your playthrough this happened? Also, are you on desktop or mobile? Were you using any of the skip or rewind features? Thanks!

YaoiBloodhound

#54 Post by YaoiBloodhound »

It's hard to say exactly when it happened, because there was a gap between when I noticed that it had been the same thing for a while, and the last time I checked the score. It might have been near the beginning of Day 2? And I'm playing it on mobile, Android

I think the problem might have somehow fixed itself, though, because now the score's increasing again. I don't know what had been happening, but oh well. It seems to be working fine now

Aside from that weird technical issue, I think it's a nice game. I love the concept of a dating game kind of acting like a real social networking app

Akua
Regular
Completed: Appetité Amor
Projects: A Frigid Space | Lycoris | Demon's Kiss | Night of the Lesbian Vampires
Organization: Demon's Decoy
Tumblr: akuakourin
Deviantart: AkuaKourin
itch: akua-kourin

#55 Post by Akua »

OK, don't know if my opinion actually means something but here it is.

First and foremost I want to say that I had no expectations to the game, the art wasn't very to my liking but the character concept and the story sounded good. And hey, a free game is a free game.

And good for me I didn't judge the game solely by the cover.

I can only say that the writer is a comedic genius. I think I only laughed that much by a few Otome so far and this one of them. In the middle of the night I even woke up my dad because I couldn't contain my laughter. The writing is pure gold and I replayed so many times with the same giggles. I played Gabriel's route first with Michael last and my favourite were Raphael and Lucifer. It itched me every to draw a fanart for them. I had so many "Oh my!" moments and I thought how cute Lucifer actually was. Gosh, I could go on like this!

To summarize, the game is fantastic (despite my usual aesthetic standards) and the story/messages/texts are top.

Maegalkarven
Regular

#56 Post by Maegalkarven »

I feel kinda bad what I've been playing and replaying this game for months, but got my hands on writing a commentary only now.
I loved everything about this game. Absolutely everything! Admittedly, I never tried Uriel's path (sorry Uriel. I love you, just not romantically. But your miracle was just as miracley as everyone else's miracles! Totally better than a crying statue. We should've made it cry ketchup and mayo from different eyes. That would be fun
The game's humor is awesome, I still have over 50 screenshots saved because some conversations? Pure gold. Tbh, almost all of them award-winning ones.

What to be said, I did play Lucifer's route first and like 5 more times after that. I just like this guy
Also his idea of miracle honestly sounded the best. Better than creating possibly world destroying robot or kidnapping people. I get what Raphael and Gabriel are creative ones, but I could see so many ways their ideas could go wrong. So. Many.
But I totally could get behind reviving Charles Darvin, especially after it got clear what Lucifer wants him out of Hell bc he's insufferable. Honestly, Darvin is a big one source of laughs, but I'm surprised Lucifer managed to deal with him for so long. I wonder, if it's possible to kill a resident of Hell? Like when you're the ruler of Hell, is that possible? Because I bet Lucifer was so close to that so many times.
I've played most of your team's games, but I've got to say, this one is one of my absolute favourites. So if you ever going to make another instant app-like game, I'll be your guest and player and everything.
Forgot to say, I totally sobbed in Metatron's playthough. I kept thinking he's a narcissist ass, suggesting me to betray my new teammates (?), but when I got too curious and had to try it, bracing myself for betrayal or something like that and completely ready for him to just use me in his plans and then throw away.
The reality ended up so much better and worse. It was painful and I cried like a baby after I freed them all and they started saying their goodbyes.

storykween
Regular

#57 Post by storykween »

Thanks so much for the kind words! Hearing people's positive reviews is often what fuels to keep going. I don't want to get anyone's hopes up too much, but we have ideas for a miraclr sequel that we hope will eventually see the light of day ;)

watto
Tumblr: wattonot

#58 Post by watto »

Hey guys!

Been having a great time with the game so far, but lately I've been hitting a bug that comes up after Day 4 and onwards on the steam version of the game. When I go to skip to the next day, that next day will autoskip all the choices so I have to rewind to find out what happened. Any ideas for a fix?

storykween
Regular

#59 Post by storykween »

Hi watto! I'm sorry you're experiencing this. Could you email me at jenny(AT)woodsy-studio(DOT)com with a little more info? For instance, what were the circumstances when you first Skipped a day and the problem started? I'm wondering if by any chance it was close to midnight or something like that. Also, which character route? Thanks!