miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim
Organization: Woodsy Studio

miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

#1 Post by storykween »

miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

Genre: Otome, Romance, Comedy
BxB, GxB

Romance angels and help them choose a miracle on their workplace app, miraclr!

Image Image Image
Overall description
miraclr - Divine Dating Sim is a comedic workplace romance starring the biblical (and apocryphal) archangels, told in a mobile office collaboration app.

In miraclr you play as an unnamed human recruited to assist the archangels of heaven with the creation and implementation of the first true miracle in over 400 years. Because you can't visit them in their office, you are given access to miraclr, an app used by the Archangels for intra-office messaging. It looks a little like Slack, with similarly structured channels and PMs.

Shortly after you start up miraclr, you will decide on a scheduled time for your first meeting, then preferences for future meetings. From then on, miraclr will unfold (mostly) in real-time, whether or not you have the game open. Your co-workers (the Archangels) will talk among themselves, ask for your input, and private message you for both work and personal reasons. Your timely responses--or lack thereof--will affect romantic relationships and how the story unfolds.

Gameplay and Scope
Similar to "Mystic Messenger," the experience of this game is strongly connected to time in the real world. Via the Slack-like messenger app, the player must check in regularly or risk missing important conversations and private messages. On most days, the player has three important meetings to attend within a time frame of their choice. There are seven days of content and multiple story branches.

Features
  • Branching script with over 76,000 words
  • Five major romance and plot branches, each with their own good and bad endings
  • Free-to-play with optional in-app purchases to skip or rewind time
  • Players receive messages from characters in real-time
  • Custom soundtrack made of classical music remixes
In-App Purchases
This game is free to play from start to finish. However, if you enjoy the game, we hope that you will support us and increase the ease of replaying the game by purchasing the available IAPs!
  • Skip ability - This IAP allows you to skip through long wait periods, and even between days, so that you can play straight through the game in one sitting if you want!
  • Rewind ability - Each choice in the game has a time window. If you don't reply within the time frame, the choice expires, and you lose potential points with characters. The rewind ability will enable you to respond to missed choices after the time window has expired
  • Day Selection - Manual saves are not available in this game due to the real-time game-play element. The Day Selection IAP, however, creates stable load slots for every day you've seen on every possible romance path, making it easy to go back and replay any day you want
  • Remove ads - Purchasing any IAP will disable ads, but if you only want to disable ads and nothing else, you can buy this IAP alone for a little cheaper
  • Unlock all - You can purchase all the IAPs at once for a discounted price of $9.99 with this IAP
Made in Ren'Py, against all odds!
Although the framework of this game is very different from most Ren'Py games, we still used its powerful framework to make this game happen. We hope that before too long, we can share some tutorials here on Lemmasoft on how to incorporate ads and notifications into your Ren'Py games (warning: it ain't easy!!)

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Thanks to everyone who tries this game and chooses to support us. Please let us know what you think!
Last edited by storykween on Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My website: woodsy-studio.com

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

Re: miraclr - Divine Dating Sim [Free][BxB, GxB][Otome][Comedy]

#2 Post by Zelan »

YES. I'm on crappy school wi-fi right now but I will definitely be downloading this as soon as possible.

storykween
Regular
Completed: Serafina's Saga, Quantum Conscience, Echoes of the Fey, miraclr - Divine Dating Sim

#3 Post by storykween »

Thanks Zelan :D I hope you enjoy it!

GhostGnome

#4 Post by GhostGnome »

will there be a PC release?, I'll pay $10 or maybe $15 to $20 if it's... more adult :wink:

Zelan
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: The Dark
Projects: Cosplay Couple
Tumblr: evns
itch: Zelan
Discord: ltnkitsuragi#7082

#5 Post by Zelan »

OK, it's late and I can't really do a coherent thing here, but I've had the game for like three hours and the humor is honestly on freaking point. I had a feeling it was going to be good as soon as Raphael showed up calling everyone "dawg" and it just... the outdated pop culture references are so perfect, and the characters play off each other really well. I love this already.

nancie
Regular

#6 Post by nancie »

So far it's been great, I really love the banter and humor. and Lucifer is awesome! I did receive a traceback or well the same one 3 times, I am playing on my phone so I'm not really sure how to get it from there to here. But the error was "he can not be trusted" requires 5 arguments only 3 are present. I hope that helps track it down. I'm playing on IOS with a full unlock if that helps. I was able to ignore and continue but it keeps happening so I figured I should report it.

storykween
Regular

#7 Post by storykween »

Thanks for the feedback everyone! :D

@nancie Sorry about the error you hit; fortunately, as you said, it can be surpassed by pressing "Ignore." But we'll fix that ASAP!

vana

#8 Post by vana »

storykween wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:59 pmmiraclr will unfold (mostly) in real-time, whether or not you have the game open
That sounds a lot like babysitting an app... =P

I might've tried this even though I dislike the general direction mobile otomes are going but I want to play games on my time and my terms.

In any case, best of luck. I hope you consider different types/deliveries of VNs.

nancie
Regular

#9 Post by nancie »

Hey Jenny, I went back and finished Lucifer's path but the app sorta broke during the ending conversation with him I think because of missing pictures. I was not really able to skip. It just locked up the app. Once I restarted I did see the little mini epilogue though. I'll just play a different route till it's fixed.
For those of you worried about the real-time playing you do have the option to just pay 10 bucks to unlock the full game with no waiting. I for one really appreciate that.

lunaterra
Projects: An Ace Walks Into a Bar
itch: natashaluna
Discord: lunaterra#8000

#10 Post by lunaterra »

My iPhone 4S can't run the app, so I tried it out on the Android emulator I have installed on my laptop. I never thought that a game like this could be made in Ren'Py! I can't even imagine how you managed to get any of that stuff working. Though considering how customized the rest of the interface is, the fact that the title screen is Ren'Py default is pretty jarring.

What I read was really funny, but I'll be totally honest here: relying on real-world pop culture references for jokes is a really bad idea. It might be funny now, but someone who finds this game in even just two or three years, or is playing right now but just isn't totally up on what you're referencing, might end up totally lost. Like, I know that Chipotle is apparently a popular restaurant in other places, but there isn't one anywhere near where I live, so that whole part fell totally flat for me. (Is it good? Is it bad? How am I supposed to know?) Maybe there's less of that kind of stuff in later parts, but since my phone can't run it and running a game like this on an emulator is inconvenient at best, I can't actually play it until I finally upgrade to a non-ancient phone. Hopefully that will be before the "current" jokes here become outdated.

That said, I wish you luck! It seems like a lot of work was put into this. :) I'm also like 95% sure I'm already in love with Lucifer, lmao.

storykween
Regular

#11 Post by storykween »

GhostGnome wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:04 pm will there be a PC release?, I'll pay $10 or maybe $15 to $20 if it's... more adult :wink:
@GhostGnome We've been considering whether to do a PC release! The main issue is that the game experience would be very different from that on the phone, which involves the real-time element and getting notifications throughout the day. On a PC version, we would most likely just have the cost up-front and unlock all the time control elements. That may still be what we end up doing, but in the meantime we're considering ways to incorporate the time elements into a PC version that would make it as fun as playing on the phone.

If all else fails, maybe we *will* consider a more adult version for PC 8)
vana wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:47 am I might've tried this even though I dislike the general direction mobile otomes are going but I want to play games on my time and my terms.

In any case, best of luck. I hope you consider different types/deliveries of VNs.
@vana To each her own! This style of VN is very different than the kind we typically make at Woodsy Studio; it's the first time we've incorporated time management to this degree. In the end we had a lot of fun designing the story around real-time, but I realize that's not for everyone. Just in case you weren't aware, the time management can be circumvented by paying for the game. But if it's not your cup of tea, that's fine; thanks for the feedback!
nancie wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:38 am Hey Jenny, I went back and finished Lucifer's path but the app sorta broke during the ending conversation with him I think because of missing pictures. I was not really able to skip. It just locked up the app.
Bummer! Can you give me a little more detail on how the app "broke" and where exactly? I tried replaying all three versions of Lucifer's day 7 this morning and didn't run into any issues. But I'll keep looking into it! Any other details you can give me would help. My email is [jenny AT woodsy-studio DOT com]

Amberbaum
Regular

#12 Post by Amberbaum »

Hi! May I assume that the meeting time is synced with out phones time? Or is it a specific timezone?

MilanaWalters
Regular

#13 Post by MilanaWalters »

you had a cg of a male protag here before, now you trying to hide the gay away or something? only female protag on the header, only female in the trailer, only otome hashtags on twitter. you could have just promoted with both protags and include cgs with both. just stick to otome games then

storykween
Regular

#14 Post by storykween »

Amberbaum wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:34 pm Hi! May I assume that the meeting time is synced with out phones time? Or is it a specific timezone?
The time just syncs up with the time on your device!
MilanaWalters wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm you had a cg of a male protag here before, now you trying to hide the gay away or something? only female protag on the header, only female in the trailer, only otome hashtags on twitter. you could have just promoted with both protags and include cgs with both. just stick to otome games then
??? Not trying to hide the gay in any way shape or form. We picked a female protag for the cover art because we figure women are most likely to be interested in this game; same for the otome genre. Certainly didn't mean to "hide" any BxB factors at all! We're all about the boy love; you can still be a male protagonist, there are BxB CGs for every route, and all the angels are basically gay for each other <3

MilanaWalters
Regular

#15 Post by MilanaWalters »

as you explained, you only try to cater to one audience, if you had both protags promoted u could get some other audience, you just dont want to. its like aa companies that have same sex romances but never show them in promotional stuff. cause you know "we are not really like that". i told my brother ab this game, but at the time he got to ur page, theres only female protag shown everywhere. and im like i swear they promoted male protag before, just not anymore i guess. and on twitter u can tag it as bl as well cause otome is just having one female protag.