Death Rule: lost code Overdrive Edition [Suspense] V2.23 Out

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System
Organization: MESI Games
IRC Nick: Hizi
Tumblr: mesigames
itch: hijiri

Death Rule: lost code Overdrive Edition [Suspense] V2.23 Out

#1 Post by Hijiri »

What happened on that Island of Death?
12 people have been taken into the forest with a PDA containing an objective, and a brace keeping a bomb implanted within them neutralized. Should they fail to complete the given objective, the bomb within them will detonate. However, things will not be so simple. Along with their objective, a special clause has been placed on each person; a Death Rule.
No one knows what the other Player's objectives are, or what Rule had been placed upon them. Being alone is a disadvantage, but in a deadly game such as this, how do you know who to trust?

But there is one more tale that is left to be told of that Last Game. It is one of hope. It is the story of the others, told through the eyes of the one person who was never given the chance to fight…

Death Rule: lost code Overdrive Edition is the final update to the core release of Death Rule: lost code.

Download Here

Current Version: 2.23
Patch Notes—
2.01:
  • Game has been rebuilt on a newer version of Ren’py along with an increased resolution (from 1024×600 to 1280×720) and new interface.
  • Added a new Episode: Untold Stories.
  • Made the True End for The Final Rule to be more easily accessible.
  • Added new endings to both The Final Rule and Lost Code.
  • Added new scenes to Lost Code.
  • Added new feature: Auto-Save.
  • Reduced the file size from 407MB (Death Rule: lost code ver.1.0d) to 239MB.
2.02:
  • Fixed a missing file issue.
  • Grammatical Errors corrected.
  • CG Gallery is now available.
  • Music Room is now available.
  • The Information page is now available.
  • The Extra Scenes page is now available.
Support for Ren’Py’s Self-Voicing option has been improved.

• Added an option to the Settings menu to change window size. This is only available in Windowed mode.
  • A missing CG Gallery thumbnail has been fixed
  • Corrected several missing image errors.
  • Added extra images and sounds to Broken Pieces.
  • Several grammatical errors have been corrected.
Last edited by Hijiri on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image
"Perfection goal that always changes. Can pursue, cannot obtain."

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Death Rule:lost code Overdrive Edition, Where the White Doves Rest-Tsumihanseishi

Re: Death Rule: lost code Overdrive Edition [Suspense]

#2 Post by Hijiri »

It gives me great pleasure to announce the release of Patch 2.22 for Death Rule: lost code Overdrive Edition. As it stands, it is the final update to the game bar any issues people run into. It was a wild ride, but I think we're ready to tell the next part of Death Rule's story.
Image Image

flowerlinguist

#3 Post by flowerlinguist »

It's been years since I've played one of the first versions of the game! Now I get to reminisce all over again with all the extra bits sprinkled in! I spent the whole of today playing this game and oh boy, I love the story and all the plot twists
such as Morgan's innocence and Sherry's lack thereof! I also felt that the fact the relationships and history some of the characters have with one another adds another depth to the plot! I live for Morgan and Abraham's reunion and I'm so happy they got together and even have a family together at the end! I love how you thought of having even the Director be against the game and working with the contestants to end it, that was such a plot twist. But there's one thing I'd like to ask. There's The Final Rule, Lost Code, and Untold Stories. Are any of these canon and is the true ending? I'm betting on it being Untold Stories but is there going to be a sequel called Killing System and would that be the true ending instead? I'm just dying to know more about the Queen's Syndicate!
Fyi, I'm willing to be a game writer for any of your future projects! I love writing for magazines and blogs but I've always wanted to write for visual novels and I honest to God love the genre of pitting people against one another in death matches! Danganronpa is one of my favorite games for that very reason!

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Hijiri »

flowerlinguist wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 am It's been years since I've played one of the first versions of the game! Now I get to reminisce all over again with all the extra bits sprinkled in! I spent the whole of today playing this game and oh boy, I love the story and all the plot twists

Welcome back to the Island of Death. I hope you enjoyed your trip back.
flowerlinguist wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 am
such as Morgan's innocence and Sherry's lack thereof!
Remember her words? No one would ever expect that. And that's why I still love that twist.
I also felt that the fact the relationships and history some of the characters have with one another adds another depth to the plot! I live for Morgan and Abraham's reunion and I'm so happy they got together and even have a family together at the end!
I wanted to have those connections because that gives the characters more motivation to do something. Using Abe and Morgan as an example, remember there's a scene where she is practically touching him. If Abe truly hated her as he said he did, he would have pushed her away. But instead he lets her do what she wants, implying that he still very much feels for her even if his words say otherwise. The inverse is true for Gabe and Hector, with Hec still being mad over their (ruthless) breakup thus wouldn't hesitate to get even. (Although just like Abe, he also has moments where I imply he still cares too) As for Abe and Morgan's end? Well, I'll get to it in a bit.
I love how you thought of having even the Director be against the game and working with the contestants to end it, that was such a plot twist.
This was done to set up future events. If you read Broken Pieces, you can see his son Kai thinks little of him. We'll be back and see how his tone changes if/when the truth of that Final Game is revealed.
But there's one thing I'd like to ask. There's The Final Rule, Lost Code, and Untold Stories. Are any of these canon and is the true ending? I'm betting on it being Untold Stories but is there going to be a sequel called Killing System and would that be the true ending instead? I'm just dying to know more about the Queen's Syndicate!
In a way, they're all canon when regarding Killing System.I wish I could say more, but everything will tie together come Killing System. But that scene in Untold Stories where Mami laments how it feels like the universe was against her ending the Game was done to not only show that there exists multiple timelines, but that some are aware of them and can travel between them while maintaining some of their memories. How will this make sense later? Well, you'll just have to wait and see.
flowerlinguist wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:14 amFyi, I'm willing to be a game writer for any of your future projects! I love writing for magazines and blogs but I've always wanted to write for visual novels and I honest to God love the genre of pitting people against one another in death matches! Danganronpa is one of my favorite games for that very reason!
I'll be sure to keep you in mind. Thanks again for commenting, and I'm glad you enjoyed my team's labor of love
Image Image

flowerlinguist

Amity

#5 Post by flowerlinguist »

Thanks for the fast reply! There's one more thing I'd like to ask! Do you remember the April Fool's Death Rule dating sim you made a few years back with Tina as the protagonist? It's called Amity!
It has something to do with the multiple timelines too, is that right?
I played it again just now and something about a White Package release was mentioned! It seems to have been discontinued but I would like to ask if that's really the case? Otherwise, I would be ecstatic to work with you on it! :D

Katon
Regular
Completed: Death Rule:lost code (Art), Death Rule: Fear Complex (Art), Amity: One Tale (Art)
Projects: Death Rule: Killing System(Art) , Gene Codex: Genesis
Organization: MESI Games, Corpse Theater
Tumblr: corpsetheater

Re: Amity

#6 Post by Katon »

flowerlinguist wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 am Thanks for the fast reply! There's one more thing I'd like to ask! Do you remember the April Fool's Death Rule dating sim you made a few years back with Tina as the protagonist? It's called Amity!
I played it again just now and something about a White Package release was mentioned! It seems to have been discontinued but I would like to ask if that's really the case? Otherwise, I would be ecstatic to work with you on it! :D
About that.
Also, I wanted to personally thank you as well! :P

flowerlinguist

Re: Amity

#7 Post by flowerlinguist »

Katon wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:24 am
flowerlinguist wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:34 am Thanks for the fast reply! There's one more thing I'd like to ask! Do you remember the April Fool's Death Rule dating sim you made a few years back with Tina as the protagonist? It's called Amity!
About that.
Also, I wanted to personally thank you as well! :P
Oh my gosh, I'm so excited for it! I'm sure it'll be great, and I can't wait to see more of it! Thank you for the great art you've blessed all our eyes with! :lol: Keep up the good work!! :wink:

Hijiri
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Hijiri »

Hello there everyone, a small update has been pushed for Overdrive. You can grab it from the link on the first post.
Image Image