Lynne [psychological horror]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
ebi-hime
Veteran
Completed: The Way We All Go, Asphyxia, Strawberry Vinegar, etc
Tumblr: ebi-hime
itch: ebihime

Lynne [psychological horror]

#1 Post by ebi-hime » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:58 pm

Made for Halloween, this a free, short story about 20k words.
You can download it for mac, linux, and windows here!

Story
Lynne is a visual novel about the scariest thing in the world - being a teenager.
Watch, with no way to change or alter the events, as the heroine gets steadily more and more stressed
in the lead-up to her exams, and eventually falls apart.

Credits
Writing/coding: ebi-hime
Art: An1m4
Music/image editing/additional coding: Sleepy Agents
Backgrounds: various creative commons resources found on flickr

Screenshots

I have a lot of free & commercial VNs available on Steam here if you want to check them out! ☆

nekobara
Regular

Re: Lynne [psychological horror]

#2 Post by nekobara » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:48 am

I downloaded the game immediately after seeing this thread. I'm really happy I was able to play it on Halloween.~

Anyway, I really liked this anxiety-inducing thing you made. The stress kept building, and building, and building-I couldn't wait for Lynn to reach her breaking point.

That probably sounds kind of mean, but fictional characters suffering is just kind of satisfying.

I say kind of this, kind of that, but it's not really "kind of" anything.

It is mean. It is satisfying. But I deal with anxiety, so I liked that Lynn was able to share some of my pain. I also liked the suffering in case I haven't said that already.
One thing I was disgusted by was the toilet paper in the sink. I didn't actually have to see it soaking, or flopping, or decomposing, or doing any of those things-which I'm grateful for-but you really give the reader a nice mental picture in your wonderful script. It is wonderful, but I would've been perfectly happy if I hadn't had to think about toilet paper melting.

I don't want to spoil this in case somebody else doesn't find the idea of soggy toilet paper appealing. May they suffer like me and not know what's coming.
*meow*

BunnyAdvocate
Regular
Tumblr: BunnyAdvocate

#3 Post by BunnyAdvocate » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm

I wrote up my thoughts on Lynne here if anyone is interested~

@nekobara haha yeah the toilet paper bit got to me too. I loved the "waterboarding" description used for it~

paradigmshifty
Regular
Completed: New Pisces, For Ambergris, Void Id, Connection Pools, Apartment Complex, LIFEPLUS+
Deviantart: paradigmshifty
Soundcloud: sleepyagents
itch: sleepyagents

#4 Post by paradigmshifty » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:16 am

Hey ^^

I made the music for Lynne and I recently put the OST onto bandcamp for your listening pleasure
Here is the link
https://sleepyagents.bandcamp.com/album/lynne-ost

Also, the game is also on Steam now, here is that link
https://store.steampowered.com/app/885640/Lynne/
current project - Departure Lounge
past projects at sleepyagents.itch.io <3 website/blog at http://www.sleepyagents.co.uk <3 collabs etc. listed at projects.sleepyagents.co.uk/all/ <3
Honest Critique