Love Paradox [GxG, Yuri Game Jam, Time Travel]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Luxa
Regular

Love Paradox [GxG, Yuri Game Jam, Time Travel]

#1 Post by Luxa »

1 idea...
2 months of development...
and finally...
....My first game:

Love Paradox
Image Image Image

Synopsis:
Amanda, the protagonist, travels back in time and meets her first crush and former teacher Nelly.

Statistics:
-770 dialogue blocks
-10,531 words
-54,096 characters
-8 menus
-58 images
-23 screens

Download:
https://luxa.itch.io/love-paradox

Credits:
Sprites: toki https://toki-production.itch.io/
BGs: Mugenjohncel, Sharean Morishita and BCS
Music: Alcaknight
SFX: "phone_cellular.mp3" by www.freesoundeffects.com
"City-Park-Ambience-2.mp3", "Edge-of-Ocean.mp3" and "SynthChime7.mp3" by Eric Matyas www.soundimage.org

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

Re: Love Paradox [GxG, Yuri Game Jam, Time Travel]

#2 Post by parttimestorier »

Congratulations on finishing your first VN! I'm definitely intrigued by the combination of yuri and time travel, so I'll have to check it out sometime.
ImageImageImage

bishounen-p
Completed: Strawberry Daiquiri

#3 Post by bishounen-p »

Just played this, and thought it was pretty good! Short and sweet. Good work!

nekobara
Regular

#4 Post by nekobara »

I liked this game. I enjoyed playing it even though it did contain some mistakes.
For example, 'holydays' should have been 'holidays.'
But making a few mistakes isn't such a terrible thing. I still had a nice time reading about the relationship between Amanda and Nelly. Though Future Amanda meeting Young Amanda was more interesting to me.
I also felt that the ending where Young Amanda helped her future self return to her own time was more realistic than what I think was supposed to be the happiest ending. It actually wasn't entirely happy since you know they will have to separate... If only Future Amanda and Future Nelly could meet and then be happy...
*meow*

BunnyAdvocate
Regular
Tumblr: BunnyAdvocate

#5 Post by BunnyAdvocate »

That was a really cute story, I found it really relaxing to read through. I should have kept the good end for last though as wow, some of those bad ends are bleak @_@

parttimestorier
Veteran
Completed: No Other Medicine, Well Met By Moonlight, RE:BURN, The Light at the End of the Ocean, Take A Hike!, Wizard School Woes
Projects: Seeds of Dreams
itch: janetitor

#6 Post by parttimestorier »

Just finished reading this and it was really cute! Great job on your first project. I think you could have slowed down the pace a bit to establish the setting and characters more in some parts - especially the beginning, where Amanda arriving in the past and running into Nelly and then Nelly inviting her to stay at her house all happen in very quick succession. I can imagine drawing it out more with Amanda spending some time wandering her hometown in confusion before meeting Nelly, and then spending a while hanging out with Nelly before Nelly offers to let her stay with her, etc. I also would have liked to get to know young Amanda more in the route where you meet her. But all in all it was a nice little story and I hope to see more VNs from you in the future!
ImageImageImage

ieya

#7 Post by ieya »

Just downloaded and read this on a whim, and it was really enjoyable!

As others have said, there're a few minor errors here and there in the text, but considering the tight timescale this was created on, they really don't detract.

Similarly, as has been noted, it'd have been lovely to have things a little less 'compressed', but again, I can understand that with a limited amount of development time it's only natural that the story was kept fairly sharply focused on its key events.

Definitely hope to see you create more in future!