The Ghost of Joe Papp [BxG, Slice-of-life, Commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Bryy
Veteran
Completed: 30+ games so far
Projects: Furry Shakespeare
Organization: Stegalosaurus Game Development

The Ghost of Joe Papp [BxG, Slice-of-life, Commercial]

#1 Post by Bryy »

The Ghost of Joe Papp

http://store.steampowered.com/app/69631 ... _Joe_Papp/

Art by Adryn and Fuyu.
UI by Sasquatchii.

It's the summer season for the John Q. Public Shakespeare Festival, and nothing is really okay. Scott may be moving. Molly may be quitting. Azzie may be the new Artistic Director. William Shakespeare's ghost is learning about recreational drugs. Guide either Scott or Molly as they go forth and either blow it or become responsible adults. You can make either one a total arseface if you want.

There are a lot of feelings that I have towards this project. It started out as a play in high school, a very different play from what it eventually became. The basis of a theater troupe trying to fix their issues was always there, but it evolved into more of a drama in college. It became my fears. My fears of growing older, of inadequate existence. But that changed as it became adapted to a game.

Upon reading the script for the first time in a year, it dawned on me that I just didn't connect with any of these feelings. Any of the characters. Well, except for Starter and Shakespeare. So the game thus became.... about our mythology of the past. How we view what once was with new hindsight. What was once a helpful, cathartic experience in confronting my future .... became a helpful, cathartic experience of confronting my past.

Itch.io version coming soon, probably after PSX. XMas update/patch coming soon with the charity DLC.