ILOVEYOU Virus 2.0 AI-VN

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
zankizuna
Veteran
Completed: Monochrome Valentine
Projects: Softwar
Deviantart: raseru09
itch: ZanKizuna

ILOVEYOU Virus 2.0 AI-VN

#1 Post by zankizuna »

Chat with ILOVEYOU VIRUS, the legendary program that took over the internet by storm thru mail in the year 2000, in this Interactive AI Visual Novel!

2018 marks the 18th year since the original ILOVEYOU Virus was released! To commemorate the huge disaster she was, let's appreciate how love must be spread around, like a Virus!

ILY is run by AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) that has responses for thousands of words and word combinations.
ILY2.png
ILY can remember a few things, and every input you type is recorded. All your inputs will help train her brain to speak as you do!

Download here:
https://zankizuna.itch.io/love-bug-20-ai

Imperf3kt
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: Imperf3kt

Re: ILOVEYOU Virus 2.0 AI-VN

#2 Post by Imperf3kt »

I download enough viruses from Microsoft, one more won't hurt.
Warning: May contain trace amounts of gratuitous plot.
pro·gram·mer (noun) An organism capable of converting caffeine into code.

Current project: GGD Mentor

Twitter

Karl_C
Veteran

#3 Post by Karl_C »

Interesting!

Thanks for sharing the game!

zankizuna
Veteran

#4 Post by zankizuna »

Hey Thanks a lot for all the support hehehe I worked MY HEART OUT for her!

andalusian
Regular

#5 Post by andalusian »

from my play, it seemed like a standard chatbot with the usual "what is your favorite color" type of answers. is there some plot or goal to be reached by saying the right words?

by the way if the player says bye, then the player is sent to the title screen. but from the title screen, the player can only proceed back into the conversation screen, to exit the game from the menu there.

zankizuna
Veteran

#6 Post by zankizuna »

ahhhahh right i guess i have to change it more, shame, shame, thanks @andalusian!!

ComputerArt.Club
Veteran
Completed: Famous Fables, BoPoMoFo: Learn Chinese, Santa's workshop, Cat's Bath, Computer Art Club

#7 Post by ComputerArt.Club »

I like the idea of doing something related to the ILOVEYOU virus, the chatbot side of things is perhaps a fun idea for the technically inclined, and it is cool that you were able to make one, but when talking to a chatbot the novelty often quickly gives way to frustration. I guess as minigame within a larger game it would be more fun, especially if you were searching for some particular piece of information. Also a few Easter eggs would be nice.

I think it is cool that you were able to do it in Renpy, though I am a beginner myself. It is at least just as interesting to look at the code as to talk to the Ily. I noticed that the AIMLbot file answers aren't necessarily the answers she gives, though I might not have been asking the questions correctly. Same for the knowledge file, when I say Konnichiwa, she doesn't respond with "Konnichiwa is weeb speak."

What is the purpose of the book on dream psychology? Is that used by Ily somehow? I see it is also referenced in some comment formatted code.
Last edited by ComputerArt.Club on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zankizuna
Veteran

#8 Post by zankizuna »

waahhh you saw her code she's like naked now lol hahhaha feels a little embarassing.
knowledge.rpy is meant to save ummm inputs... so when the user asks using a question mark, it searches the array.
i'm still gonna modify this so when Softwar comes there could be a lot of easter eggs, as you say hehehe thanks for the advice!
i was also testing a function in python that could've used the Dream Psychology text file... i failed in makong it work, though hahaha i see you've discovered the comments too! ahehehe sorry some things just don't work.. nltk, one of the modules i need for language ai, is for python 3, if i'm not mistaken, while renpy uses 2.7.

would be glad to receive more insights to improve this, though!