Minion! - A Fantasy/Humor Visual Novel - Free Download

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Mutive
Regular

Minion! - A Fantasy/Humor Visual Novel - Free Download

#1 Post by Mutive » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:41 pm

I've completed my first willing-to-show-the-world game!

It's uploaded at: https://mutive.itch.io/minion

Short description:

Serve as a minion to a powerful sorceress queen. Your decisions will cause the kingdom to flourish - or be destroyed!

Minion totals over 30K words and has 11 unique endings.

If anyone is willing to play/leave feedback (it is free to play), I would very much appreciate it! I am always trying to improve! (Although good reviews are also very nice. ^_^)

andalusian

Re: Minion! - A Fantasy/Humor Visual Novel - Free Download

#2 Post by andalusian » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:04 pm

fun game! i have not reached most endings yet, but my first ending was
asking for "world peace" from the genie

the music was very well picked. the bg images were too full of artifacts (too low resolution?). the book reading sections were very funny! definitely added a lot to the game. other than that i cant think of much to comment on.

Mutive
Regular

#3 Post by Mutive » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:23 pm

Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed! (And thanks for downloading + playing + commenting!)

Art is definitely a bit of a challenge for me, as for this, I just used various free assets I found online. Hopefully with time I can either improve upon it or find artists to work with! (As this was mostly a "I'm trying to figure out how to use the engine" type game, I didn't want to recruit other people.)

I'm glad that you enjoyed the music, too! JAdamsMusic was kind enough to let me use his work which I agree is terrific!

garryjoshi

#4 Post by garryjoshi » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 am

Good story, lovely visuals, and overall very fun to play. Thank you so much @Mutive. I just loved it.
Garry Joshi
Tutuapp ShowBox Tutuapp

Mutive
Regular

#5 Post by Mutive » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:42 am

garryjoshi wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:00 am
Good story, lovely visuals, and overall very fun to play. Thank you so much @Mutive. I just loved it.
Awww, thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed it! (Now just to create another that is hopefully even better!)