Transfer Teacher [released]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

Transfer Teacher [released]

#1 Post by mikey »

Enjoy this NaNoRenO game from ATP Projects.
http://www.manga.sk/atp/tt/tt.htm

renai.us admins>> You can put the game on your web site at any time now, feel free to copy descriptions & screenshots.

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#2 Post by Megaman Z »

[WHILE playing the game...]oh, dear... somebody knock out D. Zeta!
nice job so far... I'll have a detailed review when I finish it...

[finishes game]
got premature ending 1 about ten times straight... after that, got premature ending 2. one more try, true ending.
nice play on languages, though I personally think there were too many adult jokes in there.(Screwdriver = "screwed a driver"? didn't see that coming...)
Personally, only three forks and decisions is a little too leniar for my tastes, but the storyline is good. (although it took me forever to figure out that I was "Lee" and a teacher...) there's the guy that makes adult jokes out of everything, there's the other guy that does the same thing, there's your teacher from... nah, not gonna spoil it...

and now: the stats:

artwork: 7/10: nice watercoloring, the title font coulda used some work, though... and the characters could use -just- a bit more outline, IMO...

music: 8/10: score would have been better, but the music seems to skip a bit at my end and suddenly restart when I click sometimes... I may be reading too fast again...

story: ?????????/10: first, it's the adult jokes. after you get past the first portion of the game (and get the black password to restart there), the mood somewhat changes, and there's some more non-adult jokes in there

execution of game: 6/10: you have a 1/64 shot at getting to part two on the first try, then either a 1/16 shot or a 1/64 shot at getting the white password entry screen. translation: expect to play a long, long, long, ...[three years later]..., long, long time.

overall: 9/10

(P.S. D. Zeta is addicted to this game... that perverted little...)
Last edited by Megaman Z on Mon Mar 28, 2005 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Kitsune Zeta

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#3 Post by rioka »

Can't wait to play it! Right after I finish my game... <.<'
TT has been added to the Archives. ..That reminds me, I should get the finished NaNoRenO games lists up now... ^^

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by mikey »

Megaman Z wrote:got ending 1 about ten times straight... so far nothing else
Hmmm, it seems from your reply, that you only finished Story 1. There is no "ending 1" or similar actually. You can finish Story 1 (Hiroka Miyafuku) a number of different ways where you will get more information to help you advance. So unless I'm not heavily mistaken (I appologize if I am), there's lots more to play for! :wink: I wondered why you didn't mention any password problems or similar (I am really expecting that). That would explain it. You have only finished the game when you see the credits roll.

Thank you for your comments! Excuses follow: We can only input three or four branchings with our current system, it gets too complicated otherwise, but a switch to Ren'Py is imminent so we should get more freedom in this department soon. The music starts to play at defined points and we had no way of smoothing the transitions, sorry. It's not your clicking ^_^. As for the story, a 9/10 is very generous, I hope it stays that way in your eyes when you go through the game completely (again, I appologize if I'm wrong in assuming this)

eclipse>> Thanks (oh! new info on your game), and as Megaman Z said, feel free to up the rating if you feel the jokes are too adult...

Well, we can actually have a poll, do you think TT is 18+?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by Megaman Z »

mikey wrote:
Megaman Z wrote:got ending 1 about ten times straight... so far nothing else
Hmmm, it seems from your reply, that you only finished Story 1. There is no "ending 1" or similar actually. You can finish Story 1 (Hiroka Miyafuku) a number of different ways where you will get more information to help you advance. So unless I'm not heavily mistaken (I appologize if I am), there's lots more to play for! :wink: I wondered why you didn't mention any password problems or similar (I am really expecting that). That would explain it. You have only finished the game when you see the credits roll.

Thank you for your comments! Excuses follow: We can only input three or four branchings with our current system, it gets too complicated otherwise, but a switch to Ren'Py is imminent so we should get more freedom in this department soon. The music starts to play at defined points and we had no way of smoothing the transitions, sorry. It's not your clicking ^_^. As for the story, a 9/10 is very generous, I hope it stays that way in your eyes when you go through the game completely (again, I appologize if I'm wrong in assuming this)

eclipse>> Thanks (oh! new info on your game), and as Megaman Z said, feel free to up the rating if you feel the jokes are too adult...

Well, we can actually have a poll, do you think TT is 18+?
okay...

response to bold text: theoretically, It could have been my reading speed...

Poll response: closer to 17+

response to your response to me: I'll correct that. (need to update that anyway...). also, gonna update a couple of the stats... (finally got past the white password entry spot)
[my hint: keep track of what your character's name is. it's real easy not to notice if it changes when you're speed-reading like I do (about ten-twenty words/sec.).]

(sooo waiting for a spoiler tag to be implemented into the forums...)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#6 Post by darkknight »

Just to add my two cents in this, I will not do any comments on this because i have a very short attention...(cant think of word to finish phrase) and no time right now...Also i have downloaded and tried to play all of mikey's games but none of them kept my attentionand I have never finished or read any of them. It is not you it is me.....I will try to play it again but like i said I wont review.
SORRY!!!!!!
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#7 Post by mikey »

darkknight>> don't sweat it, it's not like you HAVE to finish them or anything. I know some of them have a specific audience in mind and rest assured, I'm no exception - I have never completed one single fantasy/RPG in my life, just because I can't relate to it. No matter how good (no FF or other gems), it seems to just pass me by. I am just not the target audience. :cry:

Kikered
Regular
Completed: Quine, The Secret Ingredient
Projects: Metropolitan Blues, Mirai Imouto, Temple Glen, Fuyu no Tabi, MIA
Organization: Team BG

#8 Post by Kikered »

Well, I just finished the entire game, and it was very enjoyable! And now for the review...

Graphics - Overall, I thought the graphics were pretty nice. It was kinda neat how each of the three primary locations in the game seemed to have an overall color scheme of some sort, although I'm not quite sure if there are special meanings behind them. As for the character(s), it looks like mikey's affinity towards glasses-donning girls strikes again! As Zeta stated earlier, it looked like some of the lines could stand to be a bit thicker.
Is it just me or did Lai and Hiroka look strikingly similar? Aside from hair color, that is.
Sound - I really liked the music for this game. It seemed to fit the current mood extremely well, especially the tune that is played during silly/perverted moments. Combined with the situations that occur during that song, I can't help but snicker everytime I hear it pop up. Also, I particularly enjoyed the variations on the title song. (Go techno remix!)

Story - Wow... If you just looked at the overall story by itself, it was a rather simple, yet touching, one. However, the execution made it much better. Once all of the pieces fall into place, everything made sense and seemed to fall into place rather nicely. I also liked the overall attitude of the main character in TT, which contrasts greatly with those of the leads in the other ATP games.
My initial impression was that Lee and Han were two different people linked by the same destiny - "both" were teachers who fell in love with similar-looking people. Imagine my surprise when it wasn't the case.

Personally, I preferred the Lai ending. Sacrificing someone else's happiness for my own doesn't sit well with me.
To refute Zeta's complaint about the execution, the choices that lead to the correct paths are mostly connected and logical. I remember mikey posting somewhere that it's all about the indicator. So the probability of getting past Story 1 and Story 2 could be at least 1/4 if the correct mindset is used.
However, the second choice required for the "respect" ending of Story 2 ("... is taking my work time" or something to that effect) didn't seem to fit the mindset very well.
As for the dialog, I think the age limit could actually be as low as 16+. From my experience, that type of speech seems to be somewhat common among high schoolers. In fact, it may even be heard within middle school since kids seem to be getting corrupted at an earlier age nowadays. -.-;

Overall - Great game! It's hard to believe that it was created within a month unless it was worked on non-stop. There were a few spots with typos throughout the game as well as a couple spots where the wrong character is associated with the dialog in the ending. However, they didn't detract much from the final experience.
Verbosity leads to unclear, inarticulate things.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#9 Post by mikey »

Kikered wrote:it looks like mikey's affinity towards glasses-donning girls strikes again!
Oh you bet! :oops:
Kikered wrote:From my experience, that type of speech seems to be somewhat common among high schoolers. In fact, it may even be heard within middle school since kids seem to be getting corrupted at an earlier age nowadays. -.-;
Yup, and then they play such decadent games...

Okay, thanks for the really extensive comments! I'm sorry to hear about the character associations, I thought I had it all checked, but if it's not critical, I won't re-release the game because of it.

All of the criticism is actually well merited, starting from the characters which appear little too two-dimensional and sharp to some of the choice logic, I could have done better in many aspects, but then again, I tend to prefer completion to quality, so it's inevitable most of the time. :roll: I don't want to blame it on NaNoRenO and the lack of time though, because I knew very well how long a month is ^_^

I'm also glad you liked the music, actually it's the first time I implemented something like a "theme", so I'm glad that worked. (the music is in xm format, and tagged, so feel free to play it in WinAmp ^_^)

All in all, it's good to hear that TT seemed to work overall. I tried to do something a little lighter, but at the same time still retain that ATPP-specific feel (with the point). Thanks for playing!

Were there troubles with the passwords? Did you d/l the hints, or could you solve it without them?

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Megaman Z »

I looked at the hints before trying an 11th or 12th time to see if it included anything about getting farther in the storyline, but it didn't... (and I figured the password out without needing the stuff in the hint file!)
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by mikey »

Megaman Z wrote:I looked at the hints before trying an 11th or 12th time to see if it included anything about getting farther in the storyline, but it didn't... (and I figured the password out without needing the stuff in the hint file!)
Oops... did I underestimate you guys? *hides behind concrete wall*

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by Megaman Z »

mikey wrote:
Megaman Z wrote:I looked at the hints before trying an 11th or 12th time to see if it included anything about getting farther in the storyline, but it didn't... (and I figured the password out without needing the stuff in the hint file!)
Oops... did I underestimate you guys? *hides behind concrete wall*
probably not, I just can't seem to find that "Box" you guys/girls keep thinking inside

(you see, there's the people who think in the box, the people who can think outside the box, and the people who are wondering where the [heck] the box the others are talking about is. I belong to the last group... I think)
~Kitsune Zeta

darkknight
Veteran

#13 Post by darkknight »

mikey wrote:darkknight>> don't sweat it, it's not like you HAVE to finish them or anything. I know some of them have a specific audience in mind and rest assured, I'm no exception - I have never completed one single fantasy/RPG in my life, just because I can't relate to it. No matter how good (no FF or other gems), it seems to just pass me by. I am just not the target audience. :cry:
dont feel left out though i have only played three games on here...(TOL, moonlight walks, and krasara..kurama...krusara...ummm yeah)
If one man speaks out in a crowd against everyones opinion...Who will be remembered? The one who spoke his mind, or the millions that spoke against him....

Jerails
Veteran

#14 Post by Jerails »

*Can't link to the Manga.sk site. Pissed off beyond wild imagination.*
It's been a while, folks!

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#15 Post by mikey »

Jerails wrote:*Can't link to the Manga.sk site. Pissed off beyond wild imagination.*
They are probably doing some maintenance (again). Just go to http://www.renai.us and d/load it there ^_^