Transfer Teacher [released]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Jerails
Veteran

#16 Post by Jerails »

*That don't wanna work either. Looks like they must be having a few problems as well. Now is officially pissed.*
It's been a while, folks!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#17 Post by PyTom »

Jerails wrote:*That don't wanna work either. Looks like they must be having a few problems as well. Now is officially pissed.*
renai.us and lemmasoft.renai.us are both hosted on the same computer (shinobu). So if you can get here and can't get to renai.us, the problem is probably on your end, or something.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Jerails
Veteran

#18 Post by Jerails »

Hmmm...Let's see what's goin in on this end then...*Tries again*

[Edit]

Well...I can download everything else except for Transfer Teacher...

[Edit part 2]

Nevermind. Went back to manga.sk and they were working at last! Well, I'ma get to playin these games in a second. Need to freshen up at least.
It's been a while, folks!

BlackSpider
Regular

#19 Post by BlackSpider »

I played the game now. I like the mood, I mean the way Hiroka speaks :). Music is quite good too. Anyway, so far I'm a little frustrated because whatever option I choose I always end up with the same portion of text and a 'White password hint 1' ending 'This is my name'. I'll try to play the game again from the beginning later.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#20 Post by mikey »

Okay, if you ever get stuck, PM me. You might also want to download the PW hints, it explains a little how the PW system works and all.

BlackSpider
Regular

#21 Post by BlackSpider »

Allright, I managed to finish the game. Very good and happy ending, that's what I like :). In fact, the white password was quite easy to figure out. I won't post any spoilers though, as there are enough in this thread already.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#22 Post by PyTom »

Okay, after:
  • A surprise requirement for a presentation at work.
  • My hard drive crashing.
  • A bug in Ren'Py being found.
  • My boss asking me to attend a dinner event on the weekend. *
  • My chair shattering and collapsing.
  • ...twice.
... all while trying to play TT, I've finally made it through to the end.
I think. Are there more than just the two non-bad endings?
I'll have to say that the system was a bit overly complex, especially since it kept showing you the same ending repeatedly. But the plot was interesting, almost a sort of dark version of love hina's central element (at least in one of the arcs).

I think that the percentage of the path space that lead to a bad ending (and basically the same bad ending) was way too high. But maybe that's just me.

Loved the music, especially "happy end".

*Actually, the dinner wasn't bad, except for the fact that it was a bit of a surprise.

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by mikey »

It's not a spoiler, it's even on the official page with the game list - it has 2 endings (and they are not even named ending 1 or ending 2, because well, what for, really)

Glad you had some fun with it, I promised an unrewarding gameplay system for this one. :wink: The percentage of bad paths isn't that big, it's 3 each (green, yellow and red), but if you don't get an answer "right" you automatically slip into the bad path (actually I wanted to implement this system already in River Trap, but then I had much more time and could choose a different approach).

Hmmm, since I didn't finish Love Hina... :roll: What can I say... thanks! :P

Megaman Z
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: NaNoRenO 2016, Ren'Py tutorial series

#24 Post by Megaman Z »

mikey wrote:Hmmm, since I didn't finish Love Hina... :roll: What can I say... thanks! :P
I missed something about that "Love Hina" thing... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!

(And in case anyone is STILL wondering, that yellow/gold score ranking on story represents a BROKEN SCORE. it literally broke when I entered the data into a top secret computer. and I didn't say this.)
~Kitsune Zeta

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by mikey »

Megaman Z wrote:
mikey wrote:Hmmm, since I didn't finish Love Hina... :roll: What can I say... thanks! :P
I missed something about that "Love Hina" thing... WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!
I don't know! It seems there is something lovehinaish about TT? And since I didn't finish watching LH, I just thanked PyTom... :?

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator

#26 Post by PyTom »

mikey wrote:I don't know! It seems there is something lovehinaish about TT?
Spoiler for Love Hina and TT.
One of the central things in Love Hina (IIRC, it's the first scene) is Keitaro meeting a girl when he is very young, and then having to deal with that when he's much older. That sort of idea occured in TT... but the outcomes of the two are very different.
The two are very different, mind you... it's just that one element that is similar.

Xarbia

#27 Post by Xarbia »

Well, I have finally found some time to start playing the NaNoRenO games.

Let me start with the obvious: the adult jokes. I have to say they seem a bit unrealistic to me. It might be because English is not my native language, but there were times I was just reading the text and not noticing anything special, and then the music would change and when I read the text carefully again, indeed there maybe was probably a possibility to interpret the words in some strange twisted way to form an adult reference. But I don't believe I would have noticed if the game had not pointed them out for me, so I find it a bit weird to see all the characters in the game instantly react to it.

I must also say I don't really like the way the game is set up. I have played (read: kept by right arrow key pressed) through the same story quite a lot of times, and they all lead to the same ending. When I am consistent in my choices, there is one path that leads to a password input, so I can see some logic in that. But still, I don't really like the fact that all the other paths are 'wrong' paths. Also, I have to admit that for the first time I can't figure out your password(s). I have a password input at the end of one path and one that can be accesed from the main menu, and I know that my name is the key. The hints in the hints-file don't really tell me anything I can't see myself. Perhaps I am overlooking something simple?

Apart from this, the story seems to be well thought out and is well written, as I have grown used to :) Still I would like to know the end, so I can't really say that much about it now. The first time I played through I had an enjoyable time, so thank you.

I won't make a final judgement until I've finished the game, but I don't think this will be my favorite mikey game. Of course, there was the strict time span of creation time, and it is still a great achievement, but I will naturally judge you against your past games, which give strong competition :)

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by mikey »

Yeah, I agree, TT wasn't everyone's favorite, mostly because of the unrewarding play system. Still, do try to get at least one of the 2 endings, if you have troubles, PM me and I'll help. All in all, this is a game that mostly my 2 adult testers appreciated, though I hope it wasn't only because of the innuendos.

Nevertheless the idea has been in my mind for quite some time now and I wouldn't be happy if I didn't make it. Again, the game system is a real pain I know, hopefully you can get some joy of the ending (like I did after a long frustrated note-taking and thinking procedure in Kykuit ^_^).
Xarbia wrote:I won't make a final judgement until I've finished the game, but I don't think this will be my favorite mikey game.
Again, thanks for waiting until you get the ending. And of course, this isn't my last game I hope, so the future may bring projects that will appeal more to the fans of RT and MS...

Xarbia

#29 Post by Xarbia »

All right, I have now completed the complete game. It seems I just was not persistent enough in trying all possible combinations of choices... but enough has been said about that.

It turns out I had only seen a small fraction of the story yet, and the complete story was really enjoyable. It did have some of the surrealism of your earlier games, it was well written and the two stories came together quite nicely (and, I have to say, unexpectedly). Also the lack of any more adult jokes was a relief in my opinion.

I still don't think this is my favorite of your games, but it has certainly risen in my opinion since my last post. It's just such a shame that all those players who are even less persistent than I will never get to see the majority of the story...

Well, thank you for making another nice game and do keep up the good work!

ChaoticAtomBomb

#30 Post by ChaoticAtomBomb »

ok, need some help here... word/ pass type puzzles are not my cup of tea, and I am totaly stumped. do I need them to even continue?

the hint file did not seem to help...